It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:38 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:20 pm 

Remember the serial Jungle Book on Doordarshan dubbed in apni Hindi... remember the flavour and fragrance of Gulzar's lyrics Jungle Jungle Baat Chali Hae Pata Chala Hae...? Remember the desi dub of the theme music and (arguably) how much more enjoyable it was compared to the original English dub...?

Sometimes well-done Hindi (dubbed) audio tracks on English movie dvds (when offered in addition to the original English track) may be the one to go for, even over dts editions. I really love it when they include nicely done Hindi dubs and am eagerly looking forward to JUNGLE BOOK PLATINUM EDITION being released on 23-Oct-2007 in India by Excel Home Videos, and which features English and Hindi 5.1 audio options!! Let's see if it is the mirch and masala it promises to be ;-)

This 2-dvd SE will be offered with a free storybook when bought from a retail chain of stores in India -- which one -- not known so far...

Cheers!

Last edited by newDEEP [go-green] on Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:24 pm 

I just got the dvd, thanks for letting me know. I did not know it had Gulzar's song too 8)

PQ for a drawing animation is awesome! quite 3D look, must be from BD master to come.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:37 pm 

Zoran009 wrote:
I just got the dvd, thanks for letting me know. I did not know it had Gulzar's song too 8)

PQ for a drawing animation is awesome! quite 3D look, must be from BD master to come.
You got which dvd? Excel? Or the one in Europe or the US/Canada? Does it have Hindi audio too?

Gulzar's song might not be on the dvd -- I was just remembering how good Gulzar's lyrics and music in the Hindi dub of the TV serial sounded in comparison to the original theme song in English.

However, there's a bonus song by Sunidhi Chauhan on the Excel India DVD.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:06 pm 

NewDeep wrote:
Zoran009 wrote:

You got which dvd? Excel? Or the one in Europe or the US/Canada? Does it have Hindi audio too?

Gulzar's song might not be on the dvd -- I was just remembering how good Gulzar's lyrics and music in the Hindi dub of the TV serial sounded in comparison to the original theme song in English.

It is new US PLATINUM EDITION, no Gulzar song! So that makes acquiring EXCEL version must 8)

Gulzar is THE BEST kids writer lyricist but he has lost his way in this mad, hot and happening rush! :(

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:59 pm 

Zoran009 wrote:
NewDeep wrote:
Zoran009 wrote:

It is new US PLATINUM EDITION, no Gulzar song! So that makes acquiring EXCEL version must 8)

Gulzar is THE BEST kids writer lyricist but he has lost his way in this mad, hot and happening rush! :(

Zoran009 Bhai, I am not sure Gulzar's lyrics will be on the Excel DVD -- it will be wow if they are -- what I wanted to share was I am looking forward to see how good is the Hindi dub on the Excel DVD (Hindi 5.1 is being offered in addition to English 5.1 on the Excel DVD) --- and yes -- Sunidhi Chauhan's song video and the exclusive storybook would make Excel JB a prized possession :-)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:07 pm 

very well said! 8) it will be an asset! hopefully excel can come out a bLUE RAY version too :)

Last edited by Zoran009 on Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:10 pm 

Does the Region 2 British DVD come with the Hindi audio track? The British DVD of The Incredibles had a Hindi track.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:14 pm 

DragunR2 wrote:
Does the Region 2 British DVD come with the Hindi audio track? The British DVD of The Incredibles had a Hindi track.
Was it Shah Rukh's voice in the Hindi track in R2 Incredibles?
Even Excel Incredibles had a Hindi audio track (with Shah Rukh voicing the main hero).

There is a JB-platinum edition in R2 that does have the Hindi and English audio tracks -- not all editions -- but an exclusive LE... lemme hunt that down for you...
Here: http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/3439153/ ... dd=3439153 (£17.99 to £29.99 -- but no sign of the Sunidhi Chauhan video)

Also, in Benelux, JB editions are coming out as 3-disc or 4-disc editions with JB2 in the box with JB :-)

Me... I'll stick to Excel -- really want Indian companies to be recognized world-class -- that can happen with buying their products and sharing critique with them -- of course the co.s have to be good listeners, which Excel have proven they are :-)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:21 pm 

r4 of incredibles had shahrukh khan and his son's voice on the hindi track

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:31 am 

More good news for "regional" fans...
Excel Home Videos are doing 2 separate releases of DIE HARD 4.0:
1) Single disc
2) UE 2-disc
Both will have English 5.1 as well as Hindi, Tamil, Telegu 5.1 too!
Bruce Willis in Mumbaiiaaa?
Let's see ;-)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:23 pm 

Excel edition of Jungle Book opening on preorder in the next couple of days at http://www.musicyogi.com

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:32 am 

Information on Jungle Book Aspect Ratio
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9749&p=82280#p82280

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:33 pm 

NewDeep wrote:
Excel edition of Jungle Book opening on preorder in the next couple of days at http://www.musicyogi.com

Expected to be up on 18-October!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:06 pm 

Finally!
http://www.musicyogi.com/asp/movieDetai ... Id=MOV5156

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:52 am 

Does anyone have the link for the Hindi version that's being sold in the USA. I want to get this but can't find this version selling in the US.