It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:00 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:51 pm 

HUSSAIN'S NEW PASSIONS ARE TABU & URMILA

By Our Staff

Director's Hat

M.F.Hussain's new on screen love is young and viviacious Tabu who plays the lead role in his forthcoming film 'Meenaxi'. Hussain had a major crush on Madhuri Dixit after seeing 'Hum Aapke Hain Kaun' as it resulted in his dream project 'Gajagamini'. Hussain's latest offering 'Meenaxi' has much critically acclaimed actress Tabu in the lead role. 'Meenaxi' is shot extensively on the beautiful locations of Jaisalmer desert of Rajasthan, Hyderabad and Prague. Tabu has justified the title role as for the first time she has portrayed different characters of vivid shades with a grace. It will be treat for the eyes as Tabu will sing and dance to the tune of magical maestro A.R.Rahman.

'Meenaxi' was earlier titled 'Do Kadam Aur Sahi' but later Hussain decided that it would be better to have 'Meenaxi' as the title. Rehman has rendered soul- stirring melodies for the film as the number "Do Kadam Aur Sahi" has been the most impressive as it is choreographed in Prague and Jaisalmer and epitomizes the soul of the film. Italian National Award winner Illiana Czhtaristi along with Owais Hussain (M.F.Hussain son) has beautifully choreographed qawaali number "Ishq". New singer Reema Bharadwaj has rendered one melodious solo number "Yeh Rishta", which is shot on Tabu. Tabu's professionalism was at its best as she danced for the song "Rang Hai" with injured foot along with Lebanese singer Dalinda and Hossain Ramzi. Undisputed queen of pop has treasured 'Meenaxi' with peppy number "Dhuan Dhuan" as musician Sivamani and James Asher of Buddha Bar also feature in the song. Let's hope for the lively spectrum of Hussain's colors.

Hussain's love for Bollywood girls doesn't end with Tabu. There is one more who has become the talk of the tinsel town. Hussain talks about her to all those who come across him. He lauds her way of talking, walking, dressing and,of course, smiling. He sees all necessary virtues in her, which he found initially in Madhuri Dixit and later in Tabu. Why should we create curiosity about this girl? She is none other than the discovery of Ram Gopal Verma and the recent awardee at the Screen festival. Smashits got these latest reports from Mumbai that the veteran artist is getting fida (crazy) now on Urmila.

He finds all the characteristics of a lovable person in the 'Rangeela' girl Urmil Matondkar. Hopefully, Ram Gopal Verma would not envy him that his discovery has lately attracted the great man of the art. Hussain has announced that his third movie would center around Urmila, which he claims would be a comedy. Hussain said this while inaugurating a painting exhibition at the National Art Gallery. Hussain is undoubtedly crazy about her and says that Urmila looks like a comedy in all aspects. Even her body language is funny. So his movie would reflect Indian humor, which according to him has a serious aspect. Isn't Urmila herself a comedy, he wonders?

Get content on your site
All News Material is Copyright © by SmasHits.com

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:33 pm 

http://www.deccan.com/city/cityNews.asp ... 20clothing

Hyderabad, April 13: Buoyed by the response Meenaxi — A Tale of Three Cities — has been receiving, M F Husain will be making a new film. And this time it’s going to be a comedy. “Husain Sahib, aap aur comedy?” “Kyun? Why not. I have always liked comedy. But not the wordy duels and attacks. I prefer action comedy, the Charlie Chaplin type,” says the legendry artist who is in the city in connection with the opening of an exhibition of his paintings.

And who will be the muse this time? “That hasn’t been decided yet. I am still working on the script,” says Husain. As in the case of Gajagamini and Meenaxi, the concept and writing for the comedy film will be by Husain himself says it would not be satire. “I don’t like assaults or lampooning of a person or system. It would be plain and wholesome entertainment, of course in my style,” says he.

Husain, who calls himself “the son-in-law of Hyderabad,” finds a great change in the city. There was little art activity those day and it was not his type. “The art of those days was different. It was mostly portraits of Nawabs and Rajas. I didn’t do portraits and also I had no access to the courts of the big men . If I had done that type of work I, too, would have become a Court Painter,” he says jokingly.
-------------------------------------------

Looks like, Meenaxi is doing better than he expected. No one expected Meenaxi to be a Blockbuster. Meenaxi was targetted at certain audience. Looks like, MF Hussain succeeded there.

Rana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:38 pm 

YUP, his NEXT LADY LOVE is NOONE ELSE..but URMILA MATONDKAR!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:41 pm 

Arsh, are we talking of same film??

In that case, I think you already started a thread stating Urmila to be the heroine in MFH's next film. In that case this thread should merge into your thread.

Rana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:56 pm 

Yes..INDEED :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 1:34 pm 

...to continue all conversations Click Here!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:46 pm 

urbanlegend wrote:
...to continue all conversations Click Here!

rana wrote:
Hi urbanlegend/ Ali

Could you please merge
viewtopic.php?t=6482
thread
into
viewtopic.php?t=6097&highlight=urmila

Thanks.

Rana

Merged the two threads... viewtopic.php?t=6482 is now no longer available. Instead, all posts are now at viewtopic.php?t=6097

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:39 am 

thank you for sharing, It is a great post.