It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:33 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:38 pm 

Title Heyy Babyy (In Stock)
Description Akshay Kumar,Vidya Balan,Ritesh Deshmukh,Fardeen Khan,Boman Irani,Amisha Patel
Director Sajid Khan
Brand/Distributor Eros
Genre Film, Drama
Subtitles English
Category DVD
Features
Year 2007

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:09 am 

some screenshots from bwtorrents, dvd9

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:06 pm 

Looking at the cover its a T- Series and Eros release which equals DISASTER

Here is the review: Expectations are high as the superstar of comedies is back with yet another comedy directed by veteran comedian Sajid Khan. The trailers were high on energy and succeeded in creating a buzz around the movie. So does the movie live upto the high expectations? Well to a certain extent, Yes.

Heyy Babyy is about 3 womanisers Arush (Akshay Kumar), Tanmay (Ritesh Deshmukh) and Ali (Fardeen Khan). Arush loves sleeping with babes and then ditching them. Tanmay is a party entertainer who enjoys playing with babies and babes too! Ali is a gambler cum womaniser. The 3 cool dudes are having a ball in Sydney. The formula is simple Flirt - Sleep - Ditch. But a sweet little baby girl changes their lives.. Forever! The cool dudes turn into loving and caring fathers. Just then their lives take yet another twist with the entry of Esha (Vidya Balan)..

Heyy Babyy has just the right ingredients for a perfect entertainer, comedy combined with emotions. The movie begins with a bang with brilliantly executed comic scenes that has the viewers in splits. The subsequent portions with the emotional bonding between Arush, Tanmay, Al and the Baby does tend to drag a bit. At the half way mark you start wondering just what could happen next, as the story requires a twist to carry it forward. But what works for the movie is the brilliant second half. The credit should go to Sajid Khan who handles every scene with brilliance. Most definitely a director to watch out in the future. The music is average. Mast Kalandhar is the song that stands out. The cinematography (Himman Dhamija) is stylish, Sydney and Brisbane has been shot well.

Akshay Kumar rocks in comedy but way below average in the emotional scenes. He is in full form in the portions between him and Vidya Balan in the second half. Ritesh Deshmukh isnt at his best which is disappointing. Fardeen Khan is surprisingly good. Vidya Balan has no scope for histrionics. She needs to work on her look. In western clothes she looks plumb but absolutely gorgeous in the traditional Indian saree! Boman Irani is brilliant. Anupam Kher and Shahrukh Khan have a brief special appearance.

A few things that worked

- Akshay Kumar wooing Vidya Balan in the second half. Hilarious!
- Chemistry between Akshay - Ritesh - Fardeen.
- The baby leaves a smile on your face.
- The crowd reaction when Shahrukh Khan appears on screen has to be experienced to be believed.
- The one liners.

A few things that didnt work

- The slow paced first half. 10 mins can easily be chopped off for better impact.
- The Music.

Also, some interaction between Anupam Kher and Shahrukh Khan would have been interesting as SRK plays Raj (from DDLJ).

Overall, Heyy Babyy is a well made comic entertainer which mainly works thanks to Akshay Kumar’s amazing comic timing. Worth a watch in theatre.

Heyy Babyy ends with a message from Sajid Khan which reads “Love you SRK”.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:21 pm 

Whatever happened to the Blu Ray Release? I guess it wasnt day/date with the DVD :( I really like this movie but absolutely dont want to the ERO$ Rotting DVD, Blu Ray will probably rot first too .. making Hey Baby the first Indian Blu Ray DVD to release and rot! :shock: Never mind I dont want it now ..

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:15 pm 

wait for this version

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:17 pm 

Please let me who is it by:
Thanks
JAT

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:15 pm 

jat1 wrote:
Please let me who is it by:
Thanks
JAT

Who is what by? The DVD? Its by Eros .. read Z-E-R-O-S 8) Blu Ray? No idea but probably Z-E-R-O-S again :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:21 pm 
Site Admin

Screen shots is from the same DVD source but re-encoded and filtered by an encoder on bwtorrents;

http://www.bwtorrents.com/showpost.php? ... stcount=20

...someone should give him a job at the authoring studios :lol:

Ali

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:26 pm 

Post some of the shots Ali, I am having a hard time opening that link!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:31 pm 
Site Admin

It's just the one shot posted – the one in the above post – I can’t access the site either now – must be getting overloaded :o

..rest of the text form this "FarooqBhai" post;

"My CCE (one-pass) is ready to release, but have decided to wait til I come back from work tday to release it. In the meantime, I will continue to upload the DVD9 to Digitals & Jin on our 2 FTP servers. This way they can superseed it for you folks here. Please be patient.

I am also doing a manual CCE for this movie as well. Here is a small taste for you folks that have NOT seen this screenshot yet..."

Ali

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:38 pm 

Ya okay!.............. 009 ... You mean wait download and burn or? :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:40 pm 

yup DAREDEVIL FB does these magic progressive CCE DVD 5 versions of some pseudo prog movies! He did Darling, Nanha Jaisalmir, CDI already!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:46 am 

Heres a screenshot of an upscaled version. :)

http://i23.tinypic.com/195l4x.jpg

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:45 pm 

Any comment on the director's commentary? It is said to be really super...
And aren't the menus done really well?

Last edited by newDEEP [go-green] on Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:08 pm 

NewDeep wrote:
And aren't the menus done really well?

IMO .. no they are rather annoying plus there is no song menu. It is a slight change from usual ERO$ menus but still not good ..