It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:46 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:20 am 

http://www.ankaheethefilm.com

Ankahee on Rainbow DVD

Starring: Aftab Shivdasani, Esha Deol, Ameesha Patel

Format: DVD9 Dual Layer Single Sided Disc, Layer transition may trigger a slight pause.
Presentation: 16X9 Anamorphic Widescreen
Running Time: 151 Minutes
Audio: Doby Digital 5.1
NTSC: All Regions
Subtitle: English
Special Features: Theatrical Trailor, & TV Promos

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:26 pm 

first movie that i have seen of Aftab where he is not smiling throughout the movie with all his teeth showing. shucks, his voice was dubbed.

love the song "Aa Paas Aa -".

i thought "Vikas Bhalla" was kicked out of the movie industry, but somehow he got short role to play esha's ex. slow movie, but with nice direction with effecient editing, good background score. lacks creativity, one time must watch for any drama lovers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:42 pm 
Site Admin

Xvid shots;

DVD-r;

Ali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:15 pm 

Quote:
Coming from Venus-Rainbow, didn't expect PQ to be this good. It's not quite DEI/ BEI Progressive but pretty good, considering it's Pseudo-Progressive. (As far as I recall, all Venus-Rainbow DVDs, in the past, have been PAL to NTSC converted Field Averaged).

----------------------------------------

BTW, as per DVD cover Ankahi story is inspired by the real life events in Mukesh Bhatt's life.
Sorry for being ignorant as I don't pay much attention to gossip type news, but after seeing the film would like to know who are the real life persons played by Amisha, Esha, Hritisha ??
Are the real life events exaggerated ??

Izzy replied:
Quote:
its about the affair of him and sushmita sen, but i think its way over exagerated, like i dont think sushmita is so possesivly mental

------------------------------
Transferred my comments & izzy's reply from the dupe thread.

------------------------
I did search for Ankahi and found no results, was surprised. I must have typed incorrect spelling, I guess.

Mods: Can the dupe thread be removed, instead of locked ??
Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:07 pm 

Quote:
its about the affair of him and sushmita sen, but i think its way over exagerated, like i dont think sushmita is so possesivly mental

I wonder how can Mukesh Bhatt claim it openly to be inspired by his real life events, show Shusmita Sen played by Esha Deol in such a negative role and get away with it ?? Making a film is one thing, claiming it to be real life events and portraying a person in exagerrated negative light is getting a revenge on that person.

Did Sushmita ever attempt sucide, the way it's shown in film and was it in the news??

How can a mentally depressed and sucidal person give excellent performances in so many films and be active in so much charity work ??

Aren't there slander/ anti-defamation laws in India ??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:42 pm 

rana wrote:

and they say america is free country :lol: but just for your question regarding law related to this in India - no one cares actually as it seems otherwise sushmita sen could have sued by now. but again $$ does all even if laws exists.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:26 pm 

rana wrote:
Quote:

I wonder how can Mukesh Bhatt claim it openly to be inspired by his real life events, show Shusmita Sen played by Esha Deol in such a negative role and get away with it ?? Making a film is one thing, claiming it to be real life events and portraying a person in exagerrated negative light is getting a revenge on that person.

Did Sushmita ever attempt sucide, the way it's shown in film and was it in the news??

How can a mentally depressed and sucidal person give excellent performances in so many films and be active in so much charity work ??

wow. I haven't seen this film yet, but I want to watch it based on your comments.

Do any of you know Susmitha IRL? maybe she is a suicidal b*tch that puts on a facade to the public.

Quote:

cause she is a looney? and she does looney things?

if the film is anything like I expect it to be(based on the comments), it doesn't seem like REVENGE. it seems like he's just trying to share an experience, so that others might try to avoid being in the same situation?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:42 pm 

the only thing that i know is real from this is that sushmita smokes in real life to, but i dont know about the rest, plus did the guy ever become that sick? or was that over exagerated to, like the end of the movie, i met sushmita for a breif 5min and she did NOT look messed up

Last edited by izzy on Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:00 am 

izzy wrote:
the only thing that i know is real from this is that sushmita smokes in real life to, but i dont know about the rest, plus did the guy ever become that sick? or was that over exagerated to, like the end of the movie, i met sushmita for a breif 5min and she did look messed up

How do you know she smokes ? Any source for that piece of information ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:14 am 

koffe with karan when sushmita sen was on the show with sanjay dutt, karan johar asked him whats one thing he would change about her, and he said for her to stop smoking ( and him smoking is ok :roll: ) typical bollywood

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:29 am 

izzy wrote:
he said for her to stop smoking ( and him smoking is ok :roll: ) typical bollywood

looking out for her?