It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:15 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:08 am 

hey guys, i am new at this forum and have been recently looking at topics on the discussions about the recently held screen awards and the nominations to the filmfare awards. Many of you believe that all of these film awards will only go to the most popular person and beacuse of that many of you believe it is very biased.
And yes u guys are right and wrong on that topic and i have researched this through the last yr or so.
lets take the example of last yr. in EVERY award show, in EVERY CATEGORY POSSIBLE, Devdas won, i totally agree that performances were superb, the music was superb and the costumes were superb as well, but did it really deserve all those awards? First of all it was copy of the legendary one and second of all it was total masala if u ask me. though i do believe that all the otehr movies last yr were crap also. But since the people enjoyed it, the movie won the awards. people appreciated the performaces, the direction, the music, and the setup and that is why it won so many awards.

But this year it is totally a different case. So many movies relased this year and many were great. But according to some of your discussions i can tell that you guys do not like that koi mil gaya, kal ho na ho and munna bahi deserve awards. first of all i have looked at the nomination list and i have seene very movie on that list. second of all i would like to say why do you guys have problems with these movies? koi mil gaya for example should win for its actor. period. hrithik roshan was amazing, and shah rukh khan would ocme in a distant second, but you guys do not appreciate that. first of all please do not mistake me, but u guys say gay shah rukh and only salman sucks and he cant win... but let em tell u something, i am sure u guys cant even come close to their acting. i dont understand why u guys could call all these awards a piece of shit for their nominations, they put these nominations by popularity, and i do not have a problem with that at all. all you Kal ho na ho haters and koi mil gaya haters, i am sorry to say but they were the most popular movies of this year and therefore deserve to win and be nominated. Filmfare and Zee cine arent biased, they go by popularity, and as for some in this forum i think u guys are the one biased because u want YOUR favorite star to win, and your FAVORITE acteress to win. The only reason a movie can become so popular is for the acting and the story, otherwise it would suck. And im sorry to say this, but Kal Ho na Ho and Koi Mil gaya are fan favorites and therefore deserve to win.

Edited By atul on 1076300007

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:22 am 

good argument. You can further add that there are Indian National Awards, which do give due to the films/technicians and actors/actresses that deserve the credit :)

Popular awards are for popular films....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 2:50 pm 

Which is why the Academy of Motion Pictures(OSCARS) don't pick the most popular movies.

Good movies deserve good awards. :oo:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 3:35 pm 

If they're people's choice type awards, the films will automatically go to the popular films. But if there's some prestige to the award, it should go to the best films, which are usually not the most popular.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:03 pm 

first of all i would like to say oscars is nothing compared to any indian award, only thing that comes close to the oscar awrds in india is probably the national award. so you definately cannot compare the much praised oscars which is so popular all around the world compared to filmfare or zee cine.

I do agree Dragun that some films deserve recognition, but you cannot give best actor to a terrible flop no matter how popular the actor is, if the film bombed in the box office, i do not think it should win any awards. a film becomes popular to the audience for its acting and story, so therefore i believe it right to say that mostly the popular/semi-hit films should win most of the awards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:09 pm 

atul wrote:
I do agree Dragun that some films deserve recognition, but you cannot give best actor to a terrible flop no matter how popular the actor is, if the film bombed in the box office, i do not think it should win any awards. a film becomes popular to the audience for its acting and story, so therefore i believe it right to say that mostly the popular/semi-hit films should win most of the awards.

If the people running the award declare it as a popularity award, then I have no problem if popular but artistically average films are nominated. But something like the National Awards that purports to be based on artistic merit should go to the best films, actors, directors, etc. regardless of box office. So what if the film is a superhit or a flop? Judge the film on its quality. Some popular stuff is crap and some unpopular stuff is good. The reverse is also true, of course. Is Munnabhai better than Teen Deewarein? Is You Got Served better than Lost in Translation? Which films did more people see?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:13 pm 

[If the people running the award declare it as a popularity award, then I have no problem ]

Yaar dragun, in logon ko samjhana, bhens ke aagey been bajana hai!! :nopity: :bangbang: MoorakH!! :stupid:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:59 pm 

arsh wrote:
[If the people running the award declare it as a popularity award, then I have no problem ]

Yaar dragun, in logon ko samjhana, bhens ke aagey been bajana hai!! :nopity: :bangbang: MoorakH!! :stupid:

http://www.indiafm.com/filmfare/index.shtml

Quote:
The film world is a wild and wacky one, with its temperamental, whimsical stars, hit and miss productions, gimmicks, special effects and shenanigans galore. Most of all, it has an enthusiasm that is not just endearing, but infectious as well, a spirit that spreads through all those who associate with it, from within or without. The Filmfare Awards were constituted in 1953 to honour Bollywood's best talents and provide tangible encouragement and incentive to the principal talents of the motion picture industry. Every winner is awarded a trophy and as years went by, the Filmfare Awards stand as the Oscars of Indian Cinema. The Filmfare awards are eagerly awaited every year, with readers of the magazine polling their opinions to decide who wins and who doesn't.

IMO these things are contradictory. You can't honor the best talents and have a popularity contest simultaneously because something in one category is often not in the other.
:baaa:

Edited By DragunR2 on 1076349618

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 6:06 pm 

Hey dragun, can u pls find a photo/animation, where some one is playing BEEN infront of a BHENS,? I would love to insert that here and in KHNH dvd thread? :baaa: ???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:24 pm 

arsh wrote:
Hey dragun, can u pls find a photo/animation, where some one is playing BEEN infront of a BHENS,? I would love to insert that here and in KHNH dvd thread? :baaa: ???

http://www.images.google.com, "snake charmer"? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:38 pm 

I would say Zee, filmfare etc awards are on par with Teen People and Nickelodian awards. :baaa:

BTW, I enjoyed Saif's performance much more than SRK's in KHNH.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:12 pm 

*** FIMFARE..DEDICATED AWARD for SRK every year!!

FILMFARE should have the "SRK Award" every year

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ Go to Replies ] [ Go Back to Forum ]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by agneeman on February 09, 2004 at 21:33:19:

this award should be given to srk for no matter what film he does. he should get an award for at least one of his films throughout the year even though he may not deserve it. he should get at least an award. because we all know how much filmfare loves srk. do not be surprised if srk gets another award from filmfar this year. they are really biased and fake.

:nopity: :bangbang: HA HA!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 3:59 pm 

http://www.indiafm.com/feature/04/feb/1 ... ndex.shtml

The guidelines for judging the excellence for each award vary from another. Screen has a complete jury based system while Filmfare is 50 percent votes (magazine readers and online voting mechanism) and 50 percent jury. Sansui and Zee are only viewers' votes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 4:26 pm 

HINDI AWARDS R FAKE! NO CREDIBILITY, JOKE!!!THEY R NOT QUALITY MOTIVATED!DISGUSTING PICKS!FOR DISGUSTING REASONS.

IT SHOULD BE MERI PASAND/AAPKI PASAND AWARDS!
:baaa: :nopity: :bangbang: :ffs: :bash: