It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:44 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 6:33 pm 

Title Swayamvar
Description Sanjeev Kumar, Shashi Kapoor, Moushmi Chaterjee, Shriram Lagoo, Madan Puri, Asrani, Ranjeet
Director P Sambasiva Rao
Brand/Distributor BEI/DEI
Genre Film, Drama
Subtitles English
Category DVD
Features
Year 1980s

Price $8.99

http://216.247.121.93/datacar....Id=5253

***BEI is delievring as PROMISED! :baaa: :cool:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 6:36 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks Arsh here are shots from this DVD;

Ali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 4:02 am 

Just watched this movie after a long time. Excellent print. Only irritating part of the dvd is that after the intermission about 6 minutes the video has a vertical bar across. dont know whether it could have been fixed or not.

Thanks to BEi for releasing it. Hope my disk doesn't rot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 4:15 pm 

Quote:
Hope my disk doesn't rot

quite an understatement hope for some thing else like yashraj or pirates doing this dvd at least it will last forever :keh:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 4:37 pm 

Clipper wrote:
Quote:
Hope my disk doesn't rot

quite an understatement hope for some thing else like yashraj or pirates doing this dvd at least it will last forever :keh:

No point buying a Yash Raj DVD just because it will last forever. A DVD has to have a good print AND good media, or I won't buy it. One or the other won't do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 6:09 pm 

DragunR2 wrote:
Clipper wrote:
Quote:
Hope my disk doesn't rot

No point buying a Yash Raj DVD just because it will last forever. A DVD has to have a good print AND good media, or I won't buy it. One or the other won't do.

I guess your not buying any Indian DVDs these days cuz 99% are either a bad print or bad media!!!!

out!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 6:37 pm 

Seems like all Dual layer Silver media discs develop playing problems anywhere between 1 month to 2 yrs.

As compared to dark gold color on reliable old time DVDs, some present day DVDs are on half as dark gold. Any idea, if these too will develop disc rot prematurely??

Rana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 6:49 pm 

punjabimunda wrote:
DragunR2 wrote:
Clipper wrote:
Quote:
Hope my disk doesn't rot

I guess your not buying any Indian DVDs these days cuz 99% are either a bad print or bad media!!!!

out!!!!!!

That's true! :(

What kind of media is Swayamvar on?

Most of DEI's silver media discs seem to be from when they used the "Eternal Classics" banner. I don't think I've come across any from the Indiaplaza or Digital World days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 6:57 pm 

someone did mention that there is a software to read the dvd that skips or freezes.

anyone have good experience with that software. if so, i am willing to put money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 7:20 pm 

shuman wrote:
someone did mention that there is a software to read the dvd that skips or freezes.

anyone have good experience with that software. if so, i am willing to put money.

You can use DVD X Rescue to recover damaged DVDs. I have never used this particular software so can't comment on it's performance. I have used DVD X Copy Express to copy DVDs with very good success.

out!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 8:33 pm 

for Dragun R
you make it sound like all yashraj are bad maybe at i should donate a pair of wooden spectacle for you if you think they are bad how about DEI/BEI their transfer maybe clean but whats the point if you can't focus properly and keep squinting cause of over use of dnr dvnr to tell you the truth it makes my pregnant girlfriend want to puke sometimes [ motion sickness you know] considering yashraj as bad you would just wipe out all other brands then hell we left with nothing i think you have no sense fairness or expect too much from indian dvd authors :baaa: :baaa: are you indian by any chance just wondering i am not but do appreciate indian movie :nopity:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 8:56 pm 

Clipper wrote:
you ----- expect too much from indian dvd authors

What is expecting too much??

1)
Is expecting a Film DVD to Hollywood DVDs standard, expecting too much??

If yes, then
Is expecting a Film DVD and not a Video DVD, too much??
How many DVDs in the last 6 months have been direct Film to NTSC telecine??

Yes, YRF had a few excellent releases like K3G, DDLJ, DTPH, KKHH, Mohabbatein, Zubeida, Hari Bhari that are Film to NTSC telecine. Is expecting DVDs as good as above 7, too much??Why are YRF DVDs 'Film to PAL to NTSC' these days??
(BTW, YRF Refugee too, is direct Film to NTSC telecine)
2)
Is expecting a DVD to last 100 yrs, as claimed by DVD standards, too much??

If yes, then what about 50 yrs or even 10 yrs??

DVDs rotting in weeks is definitely not acceptable.
(BTW, so far YRF DVDs have been on Gold media and hence don't have the premature disc rot problem).

Rana

Edited By rana on 1064844315

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 9:44 pm 

shit rana somebody ate your dinner or are you finally eating some of the crap you have been posting here lately cant make heads or tail what you ranting about you may sound intelligent about interlace or progressive techniques maybe you should try to understand this first
"There are basically two ways to display video: interlaced scan or progressive scan. Progressive scan, used in computer monitors and digital televisions, displays all the horizontal lines of a picture at one time as a single frame. Interlaced scan, used in standard television formats (NTSC, PAL, and SECAM), displays only half of the horizontal lines at a time (the first field, containing the odd-numbered lines, is displayed, followed by the second field, containing the even-numbered lines). Interlacing relies on phosphor persistence of the TV tube to blend the fields together over a fraction of a second into a seemingly single picture. The advantage of interlaced video is that a high refresh rate (50 or 60 Hz) can be achieved with only half the bandwidth. The disadvantage is that the horizontal resolution is essentially cut in half, and the video is often filtered to avoid flicker (interfield twitter) and other artifacts.

It may help to understand the difference by considering how the source images are captured. A film camera captures full frames in intervals that are 1/24th of a second long, whereas a video camera alternately scans fields of odd and even lines in 1/60th of a second intervals, resulting in interlaced frames that are 1/30th of a second long. (Unlike projected film, where the entire frame is shown in an instant, many progressive-scan displays trace a series of lines from top to bottom, but the end result is about the same.)

DVD is specifically designed to be displayed on interlaced-scan displays, which represent 99.9 percent of the more than one billion TVs worldwide. However, most DVD content comes from film, which is inherently progressive. To make film content work in interlaced form, the video from each film frame is split into two video fields —240 lines in one field, and 240 lines in the other— and encoded as separate fields in the MPEG-2 stream. A complication is that film runs at 24 frames per second, whereas TV runs at 30 frames (60 fields) per second for NTSC, or 25 frames (50 fields) per second for PAL and SECAM. For PAL/SECAM display, the simple solution is to show the film frames at 25 per second, which is a 4 percent speed increase, and to speed up the audio to match. For NTSC display, the solution is to spread 24 frames across 60 fields by alternating the display of the first film frame for 2 video fields and the next film frame for 3 video fields. This is called 2-3 pulldown. The sequence works as shown below, where A through D represent film frames; A1, A2, B1, and so on represent the separation of each film frame into two video fields; and 1 through 5 represent the final video frames."

also saw your discription on gold media on a different post in case you dont know what you discribe are hybrid dvds and not gold to make it easier for you true gold disc can be detected from the inner ring which is all gold hybrids are clear and to make it much easier hold the disc at an angle and if any other hue besides gold can be seen then it is a hybrid

disc rot is not limited to silver disc only an other of your misconception other factors contibutes it also climate, glue coming apart between the layers and oh yes the dvd case themselves contributes to this through insertion on the inner ring this is why BEI are using ringless cases only if they were not so cheap and would go for the gold :nopity:

forget the above excerpt obtained from dvd faq go to their web page for the full story and everything you want to know about dvd and were too proud to ask :p

Edited By Clipper on 1064613052

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 9:53 pm 

Clipper wrote:
for Dragun R
you make it sound like all yashraj are bad maybe at i should donate a pair of wooden spectacle for you if you think they are bad how about DEI/BEI their transfer maybe clean but whats the point if you can't focus properly and keep squinting cause of over use of dnr dvnr to tell you the truth it makes my pregnant girlfriend want to puke sometimes [ motion sickness you know] considering yashraj as bad you would just wipe out all other brands then hell we left with nothing

Like Rana said, YRF have done a few good DVDs like K3G, but the rest of their DVDs, especially for the classics, are horrendous.

DEI do overuse DNR, but otherwise their DVDs can be pretty good. Nobody ever claimed they were perfect. They have done some bad DVDs too, like Dillagi, which used a massively damaged print, but most of their other DVDs are good enough that the DVNR can be somewhat forgiven (but never forgotten).

Quote:
i think you have no sense fairness or expect too much from indian dvd authors :baaa: :baaa:

If anything I have too much sense of fairness! :) I did not buy a DVD player to watch sub-VHS, VHS-like, or barely better-than-VHS quality transfers, and I certainly am not the only one here who feels that way. I will not give my money to the likes of Yash Raj, Eros, and Video Sound. For most movies, I would rather not watch them at all than to experience it in a manner that does not even approach acceptable, and if, by some chance, I do want to watch a Baba or YRF DVD, I will rent or borrow it.

Quote:
are you indian by any chance just wondering i am not but do appreciate indian movie :nopity:

I am Indian.

Edited By DragunR2 on 1064613332

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 11:42 pm 

Quote:
What is expecting too much??

1)
Is expecting a Film DVD to Hollywood DVDs standard, expecting too much??

Are you sure thats what you want? ever heard of the authoring company of Richard Diercks Co, Inc. You should see some of the "Hollywood" DVD they are putting out! They rival BaBa Digital as the worst authoring company ever. :D