It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:30 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:00 am 

Produced & Directed by: J. Om Prakash
Music by: Laxmikant Pyarelal
*ing: Jeetendra, Reena Roy, Rameshwari, Girish Karnad, Bhagwan, Hritik Roshan

Here are the screenshots.. Followed by my words about the movie.. Followed by screenshots comparisons (Eros VS Shemaroo).

YES! This is our Hritik Roshan! Screenshots #2; Screenshots #3

Here are some of the things i liked about the movie:
* the simplicity of the movie.
* casts
* music and the way it's rendered across the movie.
* very traditional presentation, especially the dialouges.
* editing was ok; but...
* cinematography is marvellous; good sense of colours throughout the movie.
* sense of humour; social value is also credible to the director.
* the scene around where jeetendra was kidnapped and released was not elaborated in the movie; personally i think that that has to be one of the best thought out part of the movie. logically speaking!

Here are some of the things i would've changed in the movie:
* the screenplay; the camera man stayed focused on the person that gives the dialogue making the entire movie look like a stage show.
* scenes.. perhaps dialogues; there are way too many scenes where it gets draggy because the situation is being said out in words.
* coincidences; too many concidences in the movie makes the movie look too made-up.
* the climax; a little bit more details in the climax would definitely be appreciated by the audience.
* a scene with mala having bandage showing bit too much blood. i would correct that as well..

no offence to anyone who have enjoyed this movie. i love to watch movies and love to make such criticism. what i can say, it's a built-in function in me.

Followed are some screenshots comparisons... EROS VS. SHEMAROO (Eros screenshots stolen from this thread created by UrbanLegendji and shots provided by Armaanji.)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Looks like there is two Eros versions of this DVD. There might be improvements on the Re-release of this DVD by Eros; But if you try to buy it from Eros; those idiots will bound to sell the earlier version to you. Which version do you have, Armaan?
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Edited By shuman on 1072232650

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:12 am 

Thanks Shuman :)

Excellent presentation. It goes without saying that Shemaroo is significantly better than Eros. I have the Eros version with the blue background, not sure which is the newer version, but I think the print is most likely the same in both. I find it hard to believe that Eros would change the transfer when they hardly bothered changing the cover!

I thought Hrithik role was more substantial than that child in the background. But other than a female child, there was no other 'bacha' in the film. So I thought he could have been playing a female child...

:D

Thanks for the effort again - finding comparative shots is very time consuming, I know from experience!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 4:33 pm 

I assume, first shot, in comparison, is EROS and next is Shemaroo??

Rana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 8:48 pm 

Yes Rana! ..in the comparison shots, first one is by Eros followed by shemaroo shots.

<s>if you haven't seen the movie... you have to watch it. I 've viewed this movie 3 times within 2 weeks.</s> ignore that line, i meant for "chhoti si baat" ;)

:cool: :cool:

Edited By shuman on 1072374678

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 8:59 pm 

Shemaroo's Aasha seems better than Shemaroo's Apnapan - What do you think, Arsh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:25 am 

armaan wrote:
Shemaroo's Aasha seems better than Shemaroo's Apnapan - What do you think, Arsh?

armaan... personally, i believe the print of shemaroo's Aasha is better in comparison to the print of shemaroo's Apnapan.

arsh usually post twice atleast before reading what's being said, guess he didn't see your post yet :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:42 am 

shuman wrote:
arsh usually post twice atleast before reading what's being said, guess he didn't see your post yet :D

Indeed, he does... :p

...But your response, Shuman, is equally appreciated ...I just thought, Arsh liked doing these kind of comparisons... LOL