It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:21 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 2:58 am 

here are the shemaroo shots....

..dont know about Yashraj release, but quick peek at this dvd shows somewhat inconsistency sharpness which is not too common with shemaroo dvd. usually they are sharp or not at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 1:59 pm 

Shuman, Where are you getting pictures of these proper Shemaroo DVD covers? They seem to be showing mainly VCD covers on their site... You mind sharing your source? Or are you scanning them yourself? Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 2:31 pm 

as for source, i dont mind at all. my source is open, a very very dear friend in hydrebad is sending me these titles. So far this year i have received 26 titles. more on the way! they cost me little bit more than U$10 each. i started to become desperate for shemaroo titles when i was yashraj dvds shows fcuked up print for my dear rk titles in comparison to my vhs print. Fortunately, sknath came up with rk titles on shemaroo (replicated) dvd disc from toronto, ontario, canada. which clearly showed the dvd of choice.

i never went for pirate, replicated stuff. so i tried and tried and finally found a friend who would send me these titles. i still remember borrowing "awara", "prem rog" from sk and as i was browsing the dvd, i did experience minute freezing problem. i wonder if they still work!

here you go armaan, you asked for source, i gave you complete history. :D :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 4:14 pm 

Thanks Shuman yaar for that piece of history. It was interesting, but nothing to do with my question! :)

My question is: have you manually scanned the DVD cover shown below or is it available at a particular website? The reason I ask is that I like the shemaroo DVD covers and would like to look at some of my favourites if available online...

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 5:22 pm 

sorry yaar..
i thought a moment, that is what you must be asking. that's even simpler. YES, i manually scanned them myself.

The reason, you dont see covers on any websites...possibly the following:::

Well, shemaroo probably dont have time to update vcd/dvd covers and stuff like that. They dont even bother updating the list of dvds forget about images..

As for IW, NX, the uk shemaroo sites not posting the dvd cover images could be because firstly, they already have a ready-made images from shemaroo.com, why bother. and secondly, should they scan the cover and post it.. the buyers may be skeptical about the dvd and may not purchase it as the cover image differs from the images posted on the shemaroo official website..

This is just my hypothesis........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 5:32 pm 

I can't imagine other retailers bothering to show proper covers, especially as Shemaroo isn't bothered.

You are putting a lot of effort in your threads - the covers, the screenshots, the URL links to other threads... Keep up the good work! I am enjoying these previews!! Only wish you would get AASHA, APNAPAN and ARPAN - but I guess, they are not to your taste...

:D

Edited By armaan on 1067189739

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 5:49 pm 

aisi baat nahin.. i do admit not watching j om prakash films before.. but seeing your dedication made me think of watching them...

i am trying to get them too.. not all, but the ones that the eros released in hideous print. eg. Aasha

i dont think Apnapan will be any better. Eros print is pretty average. if i see the Eros' Arpan, i will decide to get the shemaroo or not.

i 've sent a request for the next order to my friend, lets see when that arrives. i wish i could do something to fasten the process but ..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 6:59 pm 

I hope your order arrives soon! Its amazing isn't it, that we live in the West (USA/UK/Canada) with its superior technology, and yet have to struggle to get DVDs from developing countries like India. Wish Eros and YRF would sort themselves out - it must take nearly as much effort to make a crap dvd as a decent one!

If you have not seen any of J Om Prakash movies, I recommend Aap Ki Kasam (1974) starring Rajesh Khanna and Mumtaz. It has some very popular songs - you must have heard of Karwaten Badalte Rahe Saari Raat Hum and Jai Jai Shiv Shankar, Kaanta Lage Na Kankar...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 7:32 pm 

Well, at this point, I'll HOLD off from purchasing any alternative J Om Parkash Titles, besides BEI to be released! :baaa: