Edited By urbanlegend on 1066326472

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 5:48 pm 

Yaadein - TIPS DVD

Thanks to Arsh for these shots and comparisons! :thumbs:

Edited By urbanlegend on 1066326552

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 5:58 pm 

pardon me, i am technically "ganwaar" if you haven't noticed.

Looks like tips version is cropped video. and shemaroo has better colour rendition.

what do you say, arsh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 6:10 pm 

Many thnx urbanlegend!!

Take a look on these shots..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 6:18 pm 

shuman wrote:

Looks like tips version is cropped video. and shemaroo has better colour rendition.

It's difficult to say, which version contains more picture. mostly, these are not exact same shots. Still, differences in pic composition is minor.

Shemaroo DVD is Pseudo-prog where (Film to NTSC), where as, Tips version is Field Averaged indicating 'Film to PAL to NTSC' transfer. Also, Shemaroo version was made with close cooperation of Subhash Ghai himself.

Obviously, Shemaroo is the choice.

Rana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 6:27 pm 

Shuman, rana!! My judgement is not technical, just visual..guys..

Both are cropped from OAR..so, no pick here..

None r TRUELY prog...So, no pick here..

Both have DD 5.1..true..so, even out here..I have not compared remix in both, but remember TIPS remix was pretty good..

Shemaroo's PP vs TIPS Field averaged..will certainly make difference on GOOD PROG VIEWING CONDITIONS..

Just from Screen shots, I can see, more detail, better colors on SHEMAROO..
There is a difference, but it is not DAY and NIGHT I would say..but it is there..

If u have a small tv, and dont have ability to appreciate difference, or see it, stick to what u have..

For others..there is a CHOICE, and Shemaroo..Edges ahead for those..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 6:45 pm 

i rented the tips version of yaadein to check out how bad it was and it was horrible, one of the worst desi DVDs i have ever seen. i wanted to buy this movie and i read the review for the tips version and it said it has cut-outs. i want to kno where i can get this shemaroo version of yaadein, ne online site, and does this version have no cut outs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 7:40 pm 

rana wrote:
shuman wrote:

It's difficult to say, which version contains more picture. mostly, these are not exact same shots. Still, differences in pic composition is minor.

Shemaroo DVD is Pseudo-prog where (Film to NTSC), where as, Tips version is Field Averaged indicating 'Film to PAL to NTSC' transfer. Also, Shemaroo version was made with close cooperation of Subhash Ghai himself.

Obviously, Shemaroo is the choice.

Rana

Tips must be PAL because of the horrible jumpy motion
by extra PAL fields. Who sells the Shemaroo version?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 1:52 pm 

I got mine from India Shremaroo via someone visiting me. Unfortunately, Shemaroo doesn't ship to addresses outside of India.

BTW, one (and others too) e-tailer claimed that they can get any Shemaroo title (even if they order only one copy) from India (or any other title any brand, from anywhere in the world) in 2 or 3 weeks but not openly.

Rana

Post subject: more to yaadein...
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:21 am 

Urbanlegend -- can the title of this thread be renamed to something like "Yaadein... - Alternate Versions -&- Shemaroo vs. TIPS DVD Shots"

-----------------

I remember watching Yadein... in theatre and it definitely had some moe scenes than the Shemaroo DVD (haven't seen the Tips DVD so do not know if both Shemaroo and Tips have the same exact print). The theatrical version is longer. Interestingly, they appear to have re-released the theatrical version too with some chopping and alternate scenes.

Recently, SET MAX, a TV channel aired Yaadein... and I caught it in bits and pieces. Even the TV version is longer than the DVD version---The most noticeable difference was a much longer climax with more longer speeches by Jackie and Hrithik.

-----------------

And now for alternate versions:

Shemaroo DVD has a shorter climax compared to the TV version (and theatrical version) -- BUT -- has an alternate take on one of Hrithik's dialogues: In the DVD, he bursts out in English---"We hate this... We refuse to blah blah... We want only love..." --while on TV and theatres-- this entire sequence is in Hindi... "Hum nafrat kartey hai... nahi chaihiye yeh kitaab blah blah..."

----------------

The Shemaroo DVD is cropped while on TV they showed a bigger AR.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:33 pm 

I remember watching this movie in cinemas and then watching the movie on DVD. Both Shemaroo and Tips DVD's have the exact same cut of the film, I haven't seen a cut of the film on DVD as it was in the cinema.

* A portion of the Jab Dil Mile track is missing whereby Hrithik and Kareena are 'floating through space' :oops:

* The sequence where Sania's husband comes to the farm house to collect her was never in the theatrical cut and added to the DVD cut

* A scene between the shot of Kareena running out of her hospital room and running past Hrithik (he then grabs her hand) was cut. The scene itself showed Hrithik riding on a bike backwards through the hospital grounds as Kareena looks on over a balcony

Most these cuts were made, I would imagine, because they looked plain embarassing. E.G. When Hrithik is riding backwards, it was shot in forward motion and reversed to make it appear he was riding backwards but looked horrendous on screen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:50 pm 

i also so the sony max which was the same as the cinema version, but i remember a week or 2 after the movie came in cinemas, avs had an interview with subash ghai that he told the cinemas to cut those things because other people in the industry said those scene do not need to be there and that they were just ridiculous

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:44 pm 

This link may or may not work depending on your geographical location.

Is this Shemaroo or EROS?
http://dvdstore.erosentertainment.com/p ... Roshan_DVD