Brand/Distributor: Sky
Genre: Film, Romantic
Subtitles: English
Features: Dolby Digital 5.1
Year: 1981

Thanks to Armaan for these shots! :thumbs:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 3:05 am 

Ignore this version, BEI are to re-release a brand new restored version of this film...as part of thier bombino collection.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 12:49 pm 

In my opinion this a pretty decent transfer and good value for money (at $1.99 at IW) - not worth waiting for or reinvesting in BEI unless the liklihood of freezing was significantly lower than Sky, which unfortunately is not the case!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 5:44 pm 

First Videosound went down the drain because of freezing problems. Sky is also known for that, and now it seems BEI is heading the same way! :D Eros with shitty transfers Yashraj over priced and WEG in between. Well we are in good hands? ???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 5:53 pm 

Shahran Sunny Audit wrote:
Ignore this version, BEI are to re-release a brand new restored version of this film...as part of thier bombino collection.

Sunny if you dont mind me saying so but I have heard you saying that regarding this movie along with Naam and a few others movies for quite some time now...actually since you had your own website...how much longer do we have to wait, until DEI goes down again, come back with a new name, goes down again, comes back with a new name and then maybe they will think of releasing it a special edition which includes:

* Squished pictures
* Disc rotting (KNPH is starting to go!)
* Freezing problems

I am sorry Sunny I do not mean to offend you in any way but these damn indian DVD manufacturers are all a bunch of lying, cheating ...... I am going to stop here, I think I have vented enough. :D :p

Edited By urbanlegend on 1065981271

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 8:51 pm 

armaan wrote:
In my opinion this a pretty decent transfer and good value for money (at $1.99 at IW) - not worth waiting for or reinvesting in BEI unless the liklihood of freezing was significantly lower than Sky, which unfortunately is not the case!!

This version has pretty soft video and isn't quite as wide as it should be. At best, the BEI version will be anamorphic widescreen with better video and at worst, it will likely be a little better than this, with a film to NTSC transfer, unless BEI pulls a Disco Dancer on us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 11:09 pm 

urbanlegend wrote:
Sunny if you dont mind me saying so but I have heard you saying that regarding this movie along with Naam and a few others movies for quite some time now...actually since you had your own website...how much longer do we have to wait, until DEI goes down again, come back with a new name, goes down again, comes back with a new name and then maybe they will think of releasing it a special edition which includes:

* Squished pictures
* Disc rotting (KNPH is starting to go!)
* Freezing problems

I am sorry Sunny I do not mean to offend you in any way but these damn indian DVD manufacturers are all a bunch of lying, cheating ...... I am going to stop here, I think I have vented enough. :D :p

I understand your fustrations but already BEI have released a few bombino titles like Parvarish, KHKN and are working on Kaalia for thier next release. It will take time but rest assured that it is on its way!!!

PS...Only a handful of titles had squished pictures and BEI have admited thier mistake, after much conversation with them. Recent widescreen titles such as KHKN have show they have rectify this problem...

My continuing communication with them will always ensure my feedback, that mostly consits of people's comments from the rental video shops to this website!!!

Its strange that I haven't had any disc rot problems at all with my BEI collection (and I have all of thier film titles)...so I can't complain at the mo...but I have voiced zulm's concern to BEI and I know that BEI will ensure the longevity of thier DVDs on all future releases...