It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:19 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 1:09 am 

DVD :- Anthapuram
Author - No idea (but most prolly Media Dimensions)
Right Holders - EVP
Video - 1.85:1 non-anamorphic, interlaced
Audio - Pseudo 5.1

And to top it all this dvd is a replicated dvd from ragalahairi.com (which is the cdstore.com.pk equivalent in Telugu ) :D :D

Take a look at these screenshots to get an idea of what this movie is all about...

Sanjay Kappor = Sai Kumar
Karishma Kapoor = Sowndarya
Nana Patekar = Prakash Raj
Shahrukh Khan = Jagapati Babu

Why i name them like this is 'cos SHAKTI-THE POWER will be very similar to this film ( and please be forewarned it will have violence...meted out towards Women, animals and brutal forms of slayings... enuff to desentisize you... I avoided those screenshots as they were too gory in detail for me also)...
The whole theme is.. Shahrukh makes a cameo and dies in the end...trying to save Karishma and her son....
-----------------

The Ishq Kamina Song.... in Hindi...Probably...

Edited By sknath on 1032225118

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 1:26 am 

hey thanks for the shots, but can you please post 2-3 shots of the scene where SRK's character dies in the end?? I've heard it's REALLY REALLY gory and I want to see it how it's done in the original version as compared to the Bollywood one.

If anyone objects to the nasty gory shots, then you can send them to at my e-mail address: atshrivas@rogers.com

thanks in advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 3:31 am 

Darius.. the last photo actually is the start of the scene... He is literally HACKED to death by the rival gang (i.e Nana Patekar's rival gang..his younger brother)... Slash..slash slash and more slashes... He dies smoking a cigeratte and clutching a few hundres dollar bills which Karishma will prolly give him (as his fees)....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 2:51 pm 

Sknath,
What do you mean by replicated from Ragalahari? Ragalahari also sells the original DVDs. I have purchased Santosham and Sagara Sangamam from them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 3:33 pm 

Ganti, etc! I find, Pictures on this transfer, preety pleasing, I wishfully HOPE! :stupid: :bangbang: that EROS will get us a DECENT transfer of SHAKTI! that I doubt from core of my heart though! :baaa:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 4:20 pm 

ganti wrote:
Sknath,
What do you mean by replicated from Ragalahari? Ragalahari also sells the original DVDs. I have purchased Santosham and Sagara Sangamam from them.

The back portion of the sleeve is missing...No inlay card.. and the DVD artwork is in black and white ! :d (what else do i need to say that this is a 100% genuinely Replicated DVD)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 5:11 pm 

Does this DVD have English subtitles? I'm interested, cos sometimes I think the Hindi remake turns out to be worse - I felt this was the case with Nayak, even though it was a scene for scene remake of Mudhalvan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 6:09 pm 

Is Anthapuram actually a good movie or is it famous because of its gore? Did Krishna Vamsi direct it? How is this DVD compared to Shiva?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 6:49 pm 

Dragun,
Anthapuram is an excellent movie. Well-made movie for Telugu standards. Actually I doubt the Hindi remake even able to capture the spirit of this movie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 8:05 pm 

Even copying scene by scene! it has never happened before! so keep ur hopes low!
I never saw Judaii southern version, I liked Northern version, same with VIRASAT, rest! NAYAK, BHB, RHTDM, MKKH, YTGMG, etc! were all SOULLESS! :baaa: :bangbang:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 5:25 am 

http://www.rediff.com/entertai/2002/sep/18intro.htm

One notable change... Mauritius has been changed to Canada (sic !) I wonder why was that made.. Mauritius is such a lovely place anyways :)

Secondly in the telugu version, there is only 1 uncle (babu Mohan).. In the hindi version there are 2 uncles ( ??? ) amusing infact ( wonder why have they typecast Jaspal Bhatti with such roles)

Edited By sknath on 1032413158