It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:22 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 4:42 pm 

hey guys, got this DVD in Toronto yesterday. It should be available everywhere now. It was available on Indiaweekly.com since Monday.

The video is of the average quality I guess, brighter and more colourful than Spark/Soven's other releases but still below par Eros' Pyar Ishq Aur Mohabbat DVD. Don't even compare it to DEI releases. Also there are SEVERE SEVERE combing/motion artifacts problems. It is heavily interlaced, by that meaning that you could since alot of lines in many scenes. I just did a quick scan of the DVD, and almost all of the chapter stops and all songs were affected by this problem. I would say that this could occur on any slightest movement for this DVD. There appears to be nothing wrong with the print itself. And the DVD is definately not as detailed as other releases. I saw this in the theatres on Saturday, and the print looked very clean and highly detailed but it looks really soft on this DVD.

The audio is very good, especially during the great songs. It is full Dolby Digital 5.1, with great bass and some pretty awesome directional effects. Atleast Spark has given the soundtrack proper respect.

There are English subs, even on most of the songs (I didn't check them all).

There are no extras other three trailers - of which two are for the Vivek Vaswani flick about R.D. Burman, and Govinda's Wah Tera Kya Kehna with Preeti Jhangiani and Raveena Tandon.

It's an ok DVD (but with pretty bad video) and great 5.1 sound. If you like the movie (like me) then I guess it is worth getting - but only for a cheap price.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 4:56 pm 

Here are the Specs:

Yeh Hai Jalwa
indian movie color.
150 minutes
5.1 audio.
all ntsc
anamorphic widescreen video
English sub titles.

SDVD 157...spark/soven.

screen shots to follow shortly, along with my impressions on audio video!
:baaa: :vsneaky: :xmas:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 5:37 pm 
Site Admin

Here are the screen shots for the YHJ DVD from Spark thanks to Arsh;

Ali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 6:52 pm 

Seems some what of an improvement over HKKN, APD, but still not satisfactory. Colors are still dull and there seem to be motion artifact problems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 7:09 pm 

guys, these pics are kind of misleading. Even though they look good on still scenes, I saw alot of lines and shimmering on motion scenes. Beware....

Arsh bhai, thanks for the pics though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 9:02 pm 

Arsh, can you post some screenshots from the trailer for the R.D. Burman film?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 9:08 pm 

Ali! yaar come on, give us shots from forthcoming, Bachey maang rahey haen? Farmaish pls.? :baaa:

Dragun Ali! has it, it looked kool, with madhvan in it! mady! guy!! that people verdicted to be too CHUBBY? but he looked nice in this one! :baaa: :vsneaky: :xmas:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 9:46 pm 
Site Admin

I knew I forgot something :music: - here are shots from forthcoming films on DVD from Spark;

Thanks again to Arsh for the screen shots.

Ali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 10:40 pm 

Khush kiya ali! aap ne, dragun ko bhi, no more fire now!
aur Raveena ke pankhon ko bhi! aur Govinda(zero #1 ) ke Pankhon ko bhi!! Govinda romancing with CHORI! Priety Jhanguani, now, Next is PRIYANKA CHOPRA lols!!
"How come GOVINDA gets all the KOOL BABES! to work with"
Mere Laal ne Mujh se poocha! Manisha/Sush/Ash/Madhuri/karisma/Raveena/Rani/Zinta/jhangiani/Priyanka etc etc!I think abhi POOH ki baari naheen aaey, Govinda ka Mazaa lene ko!
and Hrithik gets only crappy Heroines to work with, like Pooh girl, and neha etc!and Amisha???

Yaar koi Jawab laeey????? :baaa: :vsneaky: :devil: :vangry: :stupid:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 11:28 pm 

Enough said about the picture quality of the film, but did you notice that Spark's DVD menu is getting worse. Its all messy (chapter and songs) and barely readable...Lacking creativity. For once how about making simple yet beautiful menus...that goes for Eros too. :ffs:

p.s. is govinda playing a pimp!!?? :D
ali wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 11:37 pm 

Govinda apni aukaat par aagaya! apni aane vali jaga par! finally! daer aayad durust aayad!! :baaa: :stupid:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 11:47 pm 

Govinda's WAY TOO lucky to star opposite all these nice girls. Before he used to have the queen of Bollywood, but now he's onto some hot newcomers!! Oh well, atleast he didn't get to keep Aish in Albela! LOL, she went to Jackie Shroff instead :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 1:26 am 

arsh wrote:
Ali! yaar come on, give us shots from forthcoming, Bachey maang rahey haen? Farmaish pls.? :baaa:

Dragun Ali! has it, it looked kool, with madhvan in it! mady! guy!! that people verdicted to be too CHUBBY? but he looked nice in this one! :baaa: :vsneaky: :xmas:

Madhavan's playing R.D. Burman, eh? I never would have pictured him in that role.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 2:42 am 

What? Mady playing Barman..come on! It is only R.D music is being recycled for this film by one of his protegee!!!

did i miss some thing lols? :baaa: ;) :vsneaky:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2002 6:19 pm 

arsh wrote:
What? Mady playing Barman..come on! It is only R.D music is being recycled for this film by one of his protegee!!!

did i miss some thing lols? :baaa: ;) :vsneaky:

Here is a quote from Darius's post that made me think that it was about RD Burman (I thought those screenshots looked a little modern...)

Quote:
There are no extras other three trailers - of which two are for the Vivek Vaswani flick about R.D. Burman