Image Image Image Image

Screen shots Courtesy: DDR
Video:- HD 1080p
Audio:- DTS-MA 5.1 | DD 5.1 @ 640 kbps | DD 2.0 @ 224 kbps
BD Size:- 37.3 GB
Subtitles:- English
Video Label:- Moser Baer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:50 am 

You when you think about it Abhay Deol has done some interesting films.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:17 am 

Black levels look elevated on my monitor.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:06 pm 

More Screens:

Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Screen shots Courtesy: Team IcTv

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:50 pm 

JayN wrote:

@JayN
Agreed 100%!
To think this guy coudl have taken the "easy" route and let his family launch him with some mindless masala flick and continue down that path... instead he took on some interesting roles and is now the face of the Indian new-wave! Smart guy.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:06 pm 

bugsnest wrote:
JayN wrote:

@JayN
Agreed 100%!
To think this guy coudl have taken the "easy" route and let his family launch him with some mindless masala flick and continue down that path... instead he took on some interesting roles and is now the face of the Indian new-wave! Smart guy.

Not to take away any credit from Abhay for the choice of films he has done, but he was launched by his family. His first movie, 'Socha Na Tha' was produced by Dharmendra under his production banner 'Vijeta/Vijayta Films. The same production company that launched Sunny Deol & Bobby Deol. That is not to say that 'Socha Na Tha' is "another mindless masala flick", infact it is a relatively unknown gem, directed by first time director Imtiaz Ali of 'Jab We Met' & 'Love Aaj Kal' fame.. Personally I would pay good money for a nicely produced BD of 'Socha Na Tha'. Uff.. when will the Indian video industry learn to market itself?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:24 am 

Sanjay wrote:
bugsnest wrote:
JayN wrote:

@JayN
Agreed 100%!

Not to take away any credit from Abhay for the choice of films he has done, but he was launched by his family. His first movie, 'Socha Na Tha' was produced by Dharmendra under his production banner 'Vijeta/Vijayta Films. The same production company that launched Sunny Deol & Bobby Deol. That is not to say that 'Socha Na Tha' is "another mindless masala flick", infact it is a relatively unknown gem, directed by first time director Imtiaz Ali of 'Jab We Met' & 'Love Aaj Kal' fame.. Personally I would pay good money for a nicely produced BD of 'Socha Na Tha'. Uff.. when will the Indian video industry learn to market itself?

Didn't know "Socha Na Tha" was a Deol family production. I agree, it's a film in different league and not a "mindless masala flick" :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:15 am 

This was the first ( and so far, only) Indian mvoie blu-ray I got, based on the screenshots and comments in this forum (thank you, people). Although I would have loved for this to have some extras, including a director's commentary, I can at least say that I am quite happy with the transfer. Apart from blacks sometimes appearing very harsh and lacking in detail, I find the video very crisp and colorful and really benefiting from HD bitrates. Especially considering that Moser Baer's DVD release of this film is utterly appalling, the blu-ray is the only good way to watch this rollicking entertainer.