It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:44 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:26 am 

T-Series has released the blu-ray for 'Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na'.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:26 pm 

@Sanjay - What's your take on the movie? Is it any good?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:26 pm 

I have the blu-ray already so I will try and update this thread with a review in a day or two. I do have 'Lafangey Parindey' to see first.

PS: It's been a year since i saw the film, but what I remember of it, was that it was a nice romantic comedy with a great soundtrack.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:37 pm 

The music of this movie is sheer awsome. I still remember that was the year when most of big movies with big hit songs had AR rehman's music and this one was way different than what he usually composes. Still, the simplicity of this film's compositions rocked the world and made it a unique AR album.

On the other hand, I cant stand Genelia for even a second(no offence to fans), thanks to the worst hindi language delivery by any south actress on screen ever, add to that her english urban accent mix that makes Katrina's hindi sound llike honey to ears. So I am not gonna buy the BD because of her.

But, said that, More than anything else, I just hope the blu ray does justice to Music which for the rarest times is one department which takes over every other flaw of the film.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:56 pm 

I agree! This is after a ling time rehman came out of orig northern sounding tunes, not rehashed northernized southern tunes:)

More so what a crap is every thing else around including action replay...utter trash:(

Let's see what now composer SLBnow churns as guzarish looks like Jody Akbar lite!

Anurag1700 wrote:
The music of this movie is sheer awsome. I still remember that was the year when most of big movies with big hit songs had AR rehman's music and this one was way different than what he usually composes. Still, the simplicity of this film's compositions rocked the world and made it a unique AR album.

On the other hand, I cant stand Genelia for even a second(no offence to fans), thanks to the worst hindi language delivery by any south actress on screen ever, add to that her english urban accent mix that makes Katrina's hindi sound llike honey to ears. So I am not gonna buy the BD because of her.

But, said that, More than anything else, I just hope the blu ray does justice to Music which for the rarest times is one department which takes over every other flaw of the film.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:21 am 

presence of watermark?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:59 am 

Zoran009 wrote:
I agree! This is after a ling time rehman came out of orig northern sounding tunes, not rehashed northernized southern tunes:)

More so what a crap is every thing else around including action replay...utter trash:(

Let's see what now composer SLBnow churns as guzarish looks like Jody Akbar lite!

Anurag1700 wrote:

action replayy though the other songs maybe crap or ill say average but the track o bekhabar is really awsum i truly love the track and shreya's voice........!!! its just one of the best pritam's compositions.....!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:17 pm 

Zoran009 wrote:

Anurag1700 wrote:

I take back my comments lol it was the brand new: JHOOTA HI SAHI:)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:19 pm 

Mani wrote:
presence of watermark?

There are no 'watermarks'. T-Series has now been 'watermark' free for a while now. In fact with the 'Lafangey Parindey' blu-ray, YRF Home Entertainment, the last of the holdouts, too has finally become 'watermark' free. :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:36 am 

Anyone has the screen shots yet? Its released in India already right?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:29 am 

skywirepteltd wrote:
Anyone has the screen shots yet? Its released in India already right?

I have not seen any screeenshots, but have seen the actual blu-ray. Does that count? :) Yes it has been released in India and I have had the disc since the 13th of this month.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:03 pm 

This bollywood blu-ray guy cracks me up. Guess he saw the Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na release posted in zulm and in all zest he posts the same in Blu-ray.com taking credit to the information (Guess he has this obsessive compulsive disorder of being a "know it all" wannabe). Then he comes up with an excuse that it was his Indian counterpart who had posted it w/o having the stocks in hand. As far as I have been following the blu-ray.com/zulm forums, T-Series has never informed any retailers about the upcoming releases. It was always the customers who had reported the new releases. Just my 2 cents.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:25 pm 

Jaane Tu... Ya Jaane Na (2008)

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Screen shots Courtesy: DDR
Video:- HD 1080p
Audio:- DTS-MA 5.1 | 640 kbps DD 5.1 | 640 kbps DD 2.0
BD Size:- 45.6 GB
Video Label:- T-Series

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:37 pm 

Thanks Mods for merging the two threads. But I would request you guys to do the same for many other Threads posted by me. This can be done for movies for which Sanjay has started Review Threads. This way Forum will look Uniform.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:42 pm 

aatmaaraam wrote:
Thanks Mods for merging the two threads. But I would request you guys to do the same for many other Threads posted by me. This can be done for movies for which Sanjay has started Review Threads. This way Forum will look Uniform.

The reason the threads were merged is because there were already requests for screenshots in this thread and therefore it just seemed logical. The thread 'title' was also apropriately modified to reflect that this thread is for the screenshots. Although, I would have preferred to make your post with the 'screenshots' as the first post in the thread, but unfortunately the forum software does not allow for that and automatically lists the posts according to date. As for 'review' threads. It was decided by the admins/mods that they be allowed separate threads to make it easier for members to find the reviews and related discussions. That also allows for the 'review' threads to be linked from the sticky thread: "List: Hindi Blu-rays with links to reviews & discussions."