Post subject: Re: My Name Is Khan DVD
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:34 pm 

Uncompressed DVD Shots from BWT:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:30 am 

Thanks Legend,

Lets wait for bluray!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:47 pm 

I wonder: "why" PAL?
(also staff, PLEASE migrate screenshots to zulm server)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:42 am 

Isn't PAL the standard in India? With FOX behind this, I guess they'll probably release an NTSC region coded version in the US, and another PAL version for the UK.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:30 am 

there is remastered version out there, looking good, but bluray might be the way, if u can

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 4:35 am 

bhaskar wrote:
Isn't PAL the standard in India? With FOX behind this, I guess they'll probably release an NTSC region coded version in the US, and another PAL version for the UK.

moserbaer releases in India first...yet their DVD9s are NTSC...

THIS is why i asked

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 7:30 am 

FarooqBhai wrote:
bhaskar wrote:

THIS is why i asked

I was just trying to suggest an answer to your question. What I've written isn't any sort of insider information - it was just what seemed logical to me.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 1:13 pm 

bhaskar wrote:
FarooqBhai wrote:
bhaskar wrote:

THIS is why i asked

I was just trying to suggest an answer to your question. What I've written isn't any sort of insider information - it was just what seemed logical to me.

Actually, your answer is spot on. Fox sold the video rights of the movie for India, to 'BIG Home Video'. Thus, as per agreement 'BIG Home Video' can only release in India which technically requires the DVD to be 'PAL' only. Companies such as MoserBaer & Shemaroo, being the typical Indian companies that they are, do not bother too much about techincalities or legalities. Thus, they intentionally release their DVDs in NTSC, with the objective of encroaching upon other territiories for which they do not have legal rights too. I'd like to see them do it in the case of a movie where the overseas rights are held by a Hollywood company.

Edit: NTSC corrected and changed to PAL

Last edited by Sanjay on Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 5:21 pm 

Post deleted by me ... sorry!

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 2:39 pm 

Sanjay wrote:
bhaskar wrote:
FarooqBhai wrote:
bhaskar wrote:

THIS is why i asked

Actually, your answer is spot on. Fox sold the video rights of the movie, for India, to 'BIG Home Video'. Thus, as per agreement 'BIG Home Video' can only release in India which technically requires the DVD to be NTSC only. Companies such as MoserBaer & Shemaroo, being the typical Indian companies, do not bother too much about techincalities. Thus, they intentionally release their DVDs in NTSC, with the objective of encroaching upon other territiories for which they do not have legal rights too. I'd like to see them do it in the case of a movie where the overseas rights are held by a Hollywood company.

With that in mind, WHY PAL in India then?

Also any idea when FOX releases their version in the USA? Just this past Friday, FOX re-released MNIK in theatres with what it calls the "Int'l Director's Cut"...which from what I believe is the 127 Minute version (nearly 30 minutes shorter). I wonder if they'll have BOTH cuts on the same DVD9 via the use of that DVD thingy...which can play both version with ONE set of files..I forget what that is called...I just know HOW to get it done.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 3:38 pm 

FarooqBhai wrote:
Sanjay wrote:
Actually, your answer is spot on. Fox sold the video rights of the movie for India, to 'BIG Home Video'. Thus, as per agreement 'BIG Home Video' can only release in India which technically requires the DVD to be 'PAL' only. Companies such as MoserBaer & Shemaroo, being the typical Indian companies, do not bother too much about ttechincalities or legalities. Thus, they intentionally release their DVDs in NTSC, with the objective of encroaching upon other territiories for which they do not have legal rights too. I'd like to see them do it in the case of a movie where the overseas rights are held by a Hollywood company.

With that in mind, WHY PAL in India then?
That is simple, because the official video standard in India is 'PAL'.

FarooqBhai wrote:
Also any idea when FOX releases their version in the USA? Just this past Friday, FOX re-released MNIK in theatres with what it calls the "Int'l Director's Cut"...which from what I believe is the 127 Minute version (nearly 30 minutes shorter). I wonder if they'll have BOTH cuts on the same DVD9 via the use of that DVD thingy...which can play both version with ONE set of files..I forget what that is called...I just know HOW to get it done.

I think you mean 'seamless branching'. Sorry, I don't have an answer to when Fox will release their version in the US.

Last edited by Sanjay on Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 4:21 am 

Yes!!! Seamless branching :)

I saw the new FOX cut in theatres last night. Print was sharper...perhaps because it was Digital Projection at an AMERICAN THEATRE, as opposed to our Desi Theatres LOL...

This version I enjoyed more so than the 155 minute version...

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 5:40 pm 

Did anybody noice that there are issues with the audio of the DVD. Still have to listen to in detail but on casual hearing while skipping chapters, I find inconsistency especially in Audio Encoding of the songs on the DVD. Will give details soon.

I thanked my luck that I only rented it. My biggest fear is this should not carry over to the Blu Ray. Fingers crossed.

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 4:25 am 

I havent checked all scenes yet but definitely the audio in songs has a delay problem. The suround channels and Front are not in Sync, The surrounds are may be half a second delayed for the front. This makes the songs sound horrible for a movie of today.

This defect gives an unpleasant 'echo' effect more than the digital surround of a 5.1 fidelity.

For Strange reasons, when Noor-e-khuda song begins, till the first stanza is over, this problem does not occur but once Khan leaves the christian charity place and second stanza of the song begins, the echo suddenly starts irritating. This is exactly ehere it becomes obvious that someone is not being consistent while either transferring the audio on the master or encoding the same on the dvd.

Gosh :ffs: I hate it when things like this happen to movies where in songs hold prime importance.