It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:22 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:25 pm 
Site Admin

Ali

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:20 pm 

was intending to buy this but might now now as its cut :-( Saw this in the cinema. And I am a Mithun fan, but they cut his last scene in the film out when he speaks to Imran Khan in the hospital.

Oh well... Still was a good film... Koi Shaque!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:16 am 

sythlord2001 wrote:
was intending to buy this but might now now as its cut :-( Saw this in the cinema. And I am a Mithun fan, but they cut his last scene in the film out when he speaks to Imran Khan in the hospital.

Oh well... Still was a good film... Koi Shaque!!!

Yes! It is one of those films like dus with nothing in there just big banner, big production so called" great spec effect" :D :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:02 pm 

Its better then most films i have seen this year, or maybe it was just the fact seeing Mithun and Danny in decent roles after a long time. Either way I did enjoy the film.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:23 pm 

in hindsight i don't think the film overall was that great, I was just glad the old school actors Danny and Mithun got solid roles, for that reason it is definatley worth a watch

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:56 am 

sythlord2001 wrote:
Its better then most films i have seen this year, or maybe it was just the fact seeing Mithun and Danny in decent roles after a long time. Either way I did enjoy the film.

You have a point! I never thought million dollar baby was close to oscar classics, but no doubt it was one of the best that year! So it might be all relative! nevertheless aging Sanju was ok too, though surprised :shock: seeing him romancing in water in blue.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:32 pm 

Good timepass flick, nice to vetern actors in decent roles and Sythlord mentioned. As well, one of the better flicks this year.

Is it only me or does this year seem to be a big bore in for bollywood flicks :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:01 pm 

urbanlegend wrote:
Good timepass flick, nice to vetern actors in decent roles and Sythlord mentioned. As well, one of the better flicks this year.

Is it only me or does this year seem to be a big bore in for bollywood flicks :shock:

You mean you didn't enjoy Kambakkht Ishq?!?!

I've been surprised that it's the films I've had no expectations from this year that have been pretty good. I just watched Kisaan - one of the only films I remember this year that actually had a storyline (even if it is a reworking of Upkaar), and definitely worth a watch for one of Jackie Shroff's best performances of recent times.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:12 am 

bhaskar wrote:
You mean you didn't enjoy Kambakkht Ishq?!?!

:rofl: Totally enjoyed that .. NOT! :rofl: Actually I thought Kareena looked very good in it ..

bhaskar wrote:
I've been surprised that it's the films I've had no expectations from this year that have been pretty good. I just watched Kisaan - one of the only films I remember this year that actually had a storyline (even if it is a reworking of Upkaar), and definitely worth a watch for one of Jackie Shroff's best performances of recent times.

I got that and am looking forward to it .. as like you mentioned yaara, sounds like a good story line and Jackie's role is suppose to be pretty good as well.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:50 am 
Site Admin

urbanlegend wrote:

Same here, I think I must have watched about 2-3 Indian films in the last year. They just don't seem interesting enough to spend the 2hours plus on them. Next one I'll watch is Kaminey once it appears on DVD as I missed it at the cinema.

Ali

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:20 pm 

ali wrote:
urbanlegend wrote:

Same here, I think I must have watched about 2-3 Indian films in the last year. They just don't seem interesting enough to spend the 2hours plus on them. Next one I'll watch is Kaminey once it appears on DVD as I missed it at the cinema.

Ali

I tried Kaminey but couldnt get past 30 mins ..

Post subject: Luck
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:44 pm 

Watch the DVD last night by Studio18. Wasn't expecting much from this movie, but turned out to be interesting. :)

Post subject: LUCK -- YRF DVDs
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:05 am 

LUCK -- YRF DVDs now available in India.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:38 pm 

is yash raj dvd a different cut? do you know if it contains a mithun scene right at the end in Hospital???