It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:29 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:21 pm 
Site Admin

From http://forum.blu-ray.com

Ali

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:36 am 

I am very impressed by these. I've never seen the film, but I'm encouraged to seek it out now.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:35 am 

im really itching to see these movies again.. will wait for a 1080p rip to come out first..

gone are the days of purchasing movies!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:33 am 

faddy wrote:
im really itching to see these movies again.. will wait for a 1080p rip to come out first..

Then you deserve poor quality releases.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:09 pm 

mhafner wrote:
faddy wrote:

Come on.. leave the morale high horse aside for a moment!! Ive purchased 1000s of DVDs all of which dont work.. i chucked most of them in the tip last week as they were worthless.. i dont see why i should waste my money on worthless crap!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:09 pm 

faddy wrote:
mhafner wrote:
faddy wrote:

Come on.. leave the morale high horse aside for a moment!! Ive purchased 1000s of DVDs all of which dont work.. i chucked most of them in the tip last week as they were worthless.. i dont see why i should waste my money on worthless crap!!

Neither do I, but there is a difference between not buying crap and downloading everything including the good product. It's selfish and sends the wrong message to the people who do create quality product.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:01 pm 

Maybe ur DCH might be of quality stuff ( I for one will def buy the bluray when its out )BUT the word QUALITY and bollywood dvds/blurays I have yet to be convinced !!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:00 am 

asif wrote:
Maybe ur DCH might be of quality stuff ( I for one will def buy the bluray when its out )BUT the word QUALITY and bollywood dvds/blurays I have yet to be convinced !!!

There are several quality BDs with Bollywood films released. By all means boycot the substandard discs, but when the quality is good and the film is your cup of tea, again by all means vote with your wallet and buy it. It's nothing but fair. And it sends the right message to the people who made the disc: I want more of this!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:53 pm 

mhafner wrote:
There are several quality BDs with Bollywood films released. By all means boycot the substandard discs, but when the quality is good and the film is your cup of tea, again by all means vote with your wallet and buy it. It's nothing but fair. And it sends the right message to the people who made the disc: I want more of this!

I can't agree with you more. Guys, don't buy the majority crap, but please support the good quality releases. That is the only way to bring a change. It is because we do not discriminate in our spending based on quality, that the Indian video industry continues to treat us so shabbily and with such disdain.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:13 am 

I definitely agree. I vote with my wallet. I am not Indian, I am Mexican American, but a fan of all world films, including Hindi film. When I started patronizing my local Hindi film outlet and buying DVDs, the owner first asked me where I was from, meaning what part of India, and when I told him I was not Indian, he said he wondered because Indians never buy DVDs at his store, they only rent. For that reason he had a very small stock, which I ran through pretty quickly. There are probably 2 dozen places within 30 minutes of my home where I can buy Hindi films, though, and I try to patronize local places as much as possible.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:23 am 

Looks a little soft. But still good effort for a film where all the sources have proberly rotted out

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:39 pm 

the buzz is that yrf blu-rays will be priced rs.599 a piece in india

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:37 pm 

NewDeep wrote:
the buzz is that yrf blu-rays will be priced rs.599 a piece in india

That is correct, except that 'Rab Ne Baba Di jodi' & 'New York' are both priced at Rs. 699/- I got all 'eleven' Yash Raj releases a few days ago, but I have been busy with work & travel, thus have not had a chance to view them, other than just a brief look at a few of the titles. I will try and spend some time viewing them, over the next few days and will then chime in with my two bits on all of the titles.

PS: Personally I got 'nine' titles for Rs 480 a piece and the two higher priced titles for Rs 560 a piece. Pays to have connections. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:32 pm 

I paid mucho Dinaro to import Devdas Diaphna , Swades, Sholay from France! Reason quality but for yrf/eros junk, my bid is not more than $10 a piece as I know those will be bomb media and technically superior than their abysmal dvds, so contrast is great :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:57 pm 

Zoran009 wrote:
Reason quality but for yrf/eros junk, my bid is not more than $10 a piece as I know those will be bomb media and technically superior than their abysmal dvds, so contrast is great :shock:

Fortunately they are avaialble for round about that price in India. :)