It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:49 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:48 am 

Code:
Size.............: 45.00 GB
Audio Language...: Tamil (5.1Ch DTS-HD MA)
                   Tamil (5.1 LPCM)
Video............: AVC (H264)
Resolution.......: 1080p

I didnt understand the idea of going with both DTS-HD MA and LPCM. It would have been good if DTS-HD MA had been used with DD 5.1 audio track so that the extra space could have been allocated to video.

Interestingly the authoring seems to be done by AP International and not EFX labs that Ayngaran had used earlier.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:38 am 

Why would you need a second audio track at all? A single DTS-HD Master Audio track will give you lossless HD sound for those with HD audio decoders and the rest will get a lossy 1500kbps DTS core. Do keep in mind that the 1500kbps DTS core is a far superior option than anything that was ever available on DVD and most certainly superior to a lossy DD track.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:04 am 

^ If you have older BD Players like Samsung BDP1500 then you are out of luck playing DTS-HD as its not supported. So it would be better to have atleast one lossy DD/DTS track.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:17 am 

How does Ayan BD measure up when compared to Sivaji BD. Was Sunny involved with this project?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:21 am 

T|M wrote:
^ If you have older BD Players like Samsung BDP1500 then you are out of luck playing DTS-HD as its not supported. So it would be better to have atleast one lossy DD/DTS track.

I don't think it is a good idea to set a BDs technical standards based on one or two players in the market and that too one's that were released at the very begining of the Blu-ray format. How many such players do you think there might be with the target audience for these BDs. My guess is probably even ZERO.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:17 pm 

^ I have the player. It plays everything else other than DTS-HD. So, for me a lossy format is a must. Its not gonna affect the quality in any way. Say, for a 3 hr movie, the 5.1 DD 640 Kbps would consume an extra 800 MB space and 448 Kbps would take even less space? Do u think its gonna affect the video quality?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:42 pm 

T|M wrote:
^ I have the player. It plays everything else other than DTS-HD. So, for me a lossy format is a must. Its not gonna affect the quality in any way. Say, for a 3 hr movie, the 5.1 DD 640 Kbps would consume an extra 800 MB space and 448 Kbps would take even less space? Do u think its gonna affect the video quality?

Does it not even output the DTS core from a DTS-HD track?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:57 pm 

^ for some reason, not all the movies gets decoded to lossy format in my Samsung. Had trouble playing Slumdog Millionaire DTS-HD MA audio even though PQ was flawless. But OPPO takes care of that for me as it plays everything u throw at it. :) Still an extra 500 MB is not going to affect anything in the BD.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:32 pm 

Hi all
Its nice to be a part of the community here. Did you guys able to see top menu of AYAN is that good and what about the User Interaction in the Main menu and the Pop up menu. How is it? What about the CG work done for the MENU. Please give us some comments of the menus. So we could do much better in the authoring fields.

Please suggest that with the Top menu the disc is good or directly the Movie without any main menus i.e, Bluray only with Pop up Menus???

Regards
Blu_author

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:31 pm 

Looks mediocre and denoised.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:08 am 

blu_author wrote:
Hi all
Its nice to be a part of the community here. Did you guys able to see top menu of AYAN is that good and what about the User Interaction in the Main menu and the Pop up menu. How is it? What about the CG work done for the MENU. Please give us some comments of the menus. So we could do much better in the authoring fields.

Please suggest that with the Top menu the disc is good or directly the Movie without any main menus i.e, Bluray only with Pop up Menus???

Regards
Blu_author

Welcome to our community! would you mind giving us some info re yourself, your work, back ground and way forward if u dont mind?
thanks

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:01 pm 

Why there are Extras in SD content?? Instead Ayngaran could have given the extras in a DVD as they did for Sivaji.... Looks like shhhet on a 52" Panasonic...with low bitrate.... There are two uncompressed audio... why did they added a LPCM and DTSHDMA. The total Disc bitrate is not even exceeding 35MBps where Bluray has upto 40MBps. All hollywood BD's are above 38 MBps. But the movie quality is good exept for the edgy black patches in some places..... overall quality is okay. The songs looks awesome man.. colors are greatly reproduced.Keep it up. I think ayngaran guys are doing great job here on BD's.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:03 pm 

Tamil films has yet to shoot extras in HD format - its all digibeta. So we presented the Ayan extras in its native SD format.

LPCM is what most Tamil audiences ask for (and only takes up 6GB of disc space). We only provide DTS-MA so that the disc can be heard.

Most Hollywood BD average around 25 - 30Mbps, unless the film is less then 2 hours. As you know Indian films have longer duration.

We will continue to improve with each title.