It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:34 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:31 am 

Zoran009 wrote:
I thought shemaroo was good too :? as there was no chance of cropping this time! :lol:
yes shemaroo Amar Akbar Anthony is indeed pretty good. But even 4:3 movies end up being cropped, almost equally on all sides. The entire frame is zoomed in many times. Not sure if shemaroo have done this to Amar Akbar Anthony though.
scarface786 wrote:
NewDeep wrote:
amar akbar anthony DVD from Indus -
http://www.moti-mahal.de/onlineshop/det ... ar_Anthony

Are these Indus DVDs any good? Is this AAA version better than the DEI one?

Thanks
Some Indus titles are pretty good.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:16 am 

i own the Shermaroo version it beats the DEI for once :D

now ...how good is Indus ?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:16 pm 

I have a question - are the english subs on the DEI or Shemaroo DVD's removable? I have a baba traders dvd & the subs are burned in. Its not a terrible dvd, but the DEI or the Shemaroo looks much better.

Thanks

h

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:08 am 

subtitles on the shemaroo dvd are removable.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:04 pm 

NewDeep wrote:
subtitles on the shemaroo dvd are removable.

Thanks!

h

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:05 am 

Gurpreet Video International DVD

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:29 pm 

Does anyone else own a Tip Top Video print of Amakr Akbar Anthony, I just got it today, the print is same as DEI including menu and the disc is only 4.36gb compared to 7+ of DEI, the dvd does look legit and i bought it from a ebay user who i bought many DVD which were originals. I was wondering if this a Dodgy copy or is the DVD that shit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:10 pm 

jmo1980 wrote:
Does anyone else own a Tip Top Video print of Amakr Akbar Anthony, I just got it today, the print is same as DEI including menu and the disc is only 4.36gb compared to 7+ of DEI, the dvd does look legit and i bought it from a ebay user who i bought many DVD which were originals. I was wondering if this a Dodgy copy or is the DVD that shit

Tip Top's first set of DEI re-releases were all straight DVD-9 copies, but they have since been re-issued as compressed DVD-5 discs. Genuine, but crap.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:40 pm 

Stephen wrote:
Tip Top's first set of DEI re-releases were all straight DVD-9 copies, but they have since been re-issued as compressed DVD-5 discs. Genuine, but crap.

:( doh! thanks for that, oh well For anyone else thinking of purchasing the new tip top video version.. ^

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:04 pm 

Anyone got the Blu-ray DVD from Shemaroo if so kindly can they post some shots

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:41 am 

I've had GVI, DEI & Shemaroo, GVI is decent but has a missing scene, Shemaroo is very dark & dull compared to the DEI, I'd say DEI gets the vote from me

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:48 am 

Sageer wrote:
I've had GVI, DEI & Shemaroo, GVI is decent but has a missing scene, Shemaroo is very dark & dull compared to the DEI, I'd say DEI gets the vote from me

Increasing wisdom sure is a part of ageing. I see you are gaining a lot of wisdom. Your preference for Shemaroo titles is no secret from the forums. And to hear you say that you prefer a mediocre piece of work by DEi over Shemaroo version of the same title (who's thumbs-up votes have been given by so many others here on the forums) is real proof of your timely acquired wisdom.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:12 am 

Ragz wrote:
Sageer wrote:

Increasing wisdom sure is a part of ageing. I see you are gaining a lot of wisdom. Your preference for Shemaroo titles is no secret from the forums. And to hear you say that you prefer a mediocre piece of work by DEi over Shemaroo version of the same title (who's thumbs-up votes have been given by so many others here on the forums) is real proof of your timely acquired wisdom.

I think the original comment was more about personal preference rather than wisdom.

Going back to topic, AAA is now streaming on Netflix, they have acquired a whole load of Shemaroo titles.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:31 pm 

bhaskar wrote:
Ragz wrote:
Sageer wrote:

I think the original comment was more about personal preference rather than wisdom.

Going back to topic, AAA is now streaming on Netflix, they have acquired a whole load of Shemaroo titles.

Shemaroo Blu Ray superior to all releases out there

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:23 pm 

Sageer wrote:

Shemaroo Blu Ray superior to all releases out there

Isnt the Blu ray cropped from top and bottom though?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next