It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:34 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:38 am 

sengh_15 wrote:
Arya, the cast is wrong :lol:

ioizzz..Changed It :P

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:16 am 

ali bhai, urbanlegend bro', can you correct the spelling in the topic to say "Teesri Manzil" -- currently the "n" is missing in "Manzil" -- it's "Teeri Mazil"

The TEESRI MANZIL NTSC R0 dvd is now available in India from Eros at Rs.99.
It says 158 minutes on the case but the dvd itself runs 145 minutes only (even if this is PAL-speedup runtime, still looks like missing significant runtime).

BBFC says the video released by "SHIVA FILMS" is 167 minutes http://bbfc.co.uk/website/Classified.ns ... enDocument

imdb says runtime is 172 minutes. so maybe the shiva films video is PAL-sped up.

eros india ss

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:30 am 

I think I may have an older release of this film by Eros. Mine is exactly the same as DVD of which the screen shots are posted by Hero, with the only difference being that my copy has only English subtitles. My DVD cover only says Eros, B4U is not mentioned anywhere, and the cover also says the runtime is 158 minutes, with the actual film being just 145 minutes. The cover also says FOR SALE IN INDIA ONLY; haha, I've never been there. :)

spookykiller wrote:
yes the dvd is missing a part right before the song Main Inpe Marta Hoon.
I checked this and it's indeed true. Can anyone describe what happens exactly in the scene right before the song? How many minutes are missing approximately?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:55 am 

Anwar wrote:
Can anyone describe what happens exactly in the scene right before the song? How many minutes are missing approximately?

Here is some audio from the missing scene, taken from the original soundtrack album...

http://www.bollywoodondvd.com/teesrimanzilscene.mp3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:35 am 

JamesBond007 wrote:
Man wish I know how to! Can someone give him some tips or assistance on how to do it, I would like to see the screen shots! :D

Hero wrote:
I'm Watching The Film Now, So Will Post The Shots After Watching The Entire Movie:P

After 5 years! You truly are a " Hero " in the least! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:49 pm 

anwar you and i have the same disc i think... only, mine is not in keep-case, and the artwork says "nasir hussein collection"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:45 am 

What's the best DVD of this film?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:07 pm 

DragunR2 wrote:
What's the best DVD of this film?

:( :( :(
So very funny . Maybe Spark or Eagle will release and do not forget Moser Baer-All losers like ....

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:24 am 

Anwar wrote:
I think I may have an older release of this film by Eros. Mine is exactly the same as DVD of which the screen shots are posted by Hero, with the only difference being that my copy has only English subtitles. My DVD cover only says Eros, B4U is not mentioned anywhere, and the cover also says the runtime is 158 minutes, with the actual film being just 145 minutes. The cover also says FOR SALE IN INDIA ONLY; haha, I've never been there. :)
spookykiller wrote:
yes the dvd is missing a part right before the song Main Inpe Marta Hoon.
I checked this and it's indeed true. Can anyone describe what happens exactly in the scene right before the song? How many minutes are missing approximately?

I found an old VHS where I had copied some segments, from Sony-Orson orig VHS.

1977 CC shows 4734 meters which is 172.5 min.
Sona Re song ends at 73:00 (EROS DVD) and Asha's friend gets back in the car. After that scene, only 3:40 min is in DVD where as it's 20 min in my VHS and my VHS too had chase sequence somewhat cut. My guess will be 18 min is cut here. It's around 76:40 in EROS DVD, where Shammi Kapoor and Helen finish arguing, the DVD jumps to (still @ 76:40 min) Main Inpe Marta Hoon song, abruptly. Comparing VHS & DVD, missing segments in DVD are (between 73-77 min EROS DVD marker):

1) Shammi-Asha pretend to be sick and don't join the rest of the Hockey team. Some heart to heart talk between Shammi Kapoor & Asha Parekh. Girl Hockey team catches them in the park and Shammi Kapoor ends up taking the full team to what he had boasted before that it was his uncle's mansion. As he is treating his guests, the owner, Prem Nath, arrives but he plays along in the game. Shammi Kapoor is very grateful and both become friends. Also shown is a mysterious woman interacting with Prem Nath. (This was a hell of an interesting segment, comic, suspense, mystery and more importantly, important story segment)

2) Some spying maneuvers that may or may not be in DVD.

3) Asha Parekh finds her dad in her hotel room (and Prem Chopra family too). They move to their own vacation bungalow there. Asha tells Prem Chopra point blank that she will not marry him as he was supposed to marry her sister and that she can't even think of taking her sister's place. Later she tells her dad that there are better matches around. He quizes, like who ??, she promises that she will introduce him ASAP but she has to go, for now (to meet Shammi Kapoor, of course, & dad could guess). In the park, Shammi Kapoor taps a girl who looked like Asha. That girl screams & calls her friends (a group of Sardaar Jees) and they find "Asha arguing/ fighting with Shammi Kapoor"/ "Shammi Kapoor flirting with Asha", and the chase begins (Shammi trying to catch Asha and the Sardaar Jees crowd trying to corner Shammi Kapoor), eventually Asha Parekh entering a midway fair. Asha catches big wheel ride, Shammi Kapoor misses and is caught by the Sardaar Jees. That is where Shammi Kapoor pleads his case in that song. (I think, I did not record the full chase and hence this segment must have been 6-7 min instead of 4 min that I recorded).
------------------------
- Both, DVD and my VHS, are 4% speed up.
- EROS DVD = 145 min
- Segment mentioned above that I have in VHS & is missing in DVD = 18 min
- Misc: A few sec here and there accounted for a little over 1 min missing in DVD as compared to VHS until 76 min marker, so can expect another 1-2 min in the later half, total = 2-3 min
- Total = 165-166 min video which is 171.5 - 172.5 min film time. (Compare with Film CC 172.5 min).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:54 pm 

Just listening to the soundtrack of Teesri Manzil on vinyl ... hoping we get some news about a re-release. That EROS DVD is DVR'd to hell and doesn't make you want to watch the film. After listening to the vinyl the sound on the DVD is terrible.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:33 pm 

Found in Youtube:
Missing in DVD portion of Teesri Manzil, all of 22 min,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgntrX8Z_9A

This youtube video is better than my VHS, so not converting my VHS to DVD now.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:44 pm 

Here is the full version i found on youtube with the missing footage

https://youtu.be/KvtxYvsXwkY

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:45 pm 

rana wrote:
Anwar wrote:
------------------------
- Both, DVD and my VHS, are 4% speed up.
- EROS DVD = 145 min
- Segment mentioned above that I have in VHS & is missing in DVD = 18 min
- Misc: A few sec here and there accounted for a little over 1 min missing in DVD as compared to VHS until 76 min marker, so can expect another 1-2 min in the later half, total = 2-3 min
- Total = 165-166 min video which is 171.5 - 172.5 min film time. (Compare with Film CC 172.5 min).

The version of the film on Zee5 is listed as 166 mins and 28 secs, so going by what you have said above, it looks as though this may be the complete version of the film. I know that there is a full version on YouTube, but from what I remember, this is the DVD rip with the missing portions copied in from VHS. I haven't seen the full Zee5 version yet, but I don't think this is a VHS transfer.