It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:56 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:32 am 

newdeep to advise on eagle version?

Post subject: author
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:02 am 

Here's what I have learnt from VHS days -- once upon a time I used to collect VHS like crazy -- have a nice collection even now. I used to study in Maharashtra and bought all VHS from there and carried them home to Punjab. All these VHS were authored in Mumbai and they had great quality. The same titles, however, authored in New Delhi (for distribution in North India) were no better than shitty piratted camera prints... even if they were legal brands.

That lesson still stands... even today, the Mumbai authored DVDs are good quality while New Delhi authored DVDs are crappy. Almost all Eagle DVDs are authored in New Delhi -- and almost all of them are crappy. Eagle has had Hanuman English authored in Mumbai (from KRCD - Koches Rajes) and as such, this Eagle title may be good... but the rule of the thumb is -- if you see a New Delhi address on a DVD back cover -- avoid it :)

Hope this helps...

Post subject: Re: author
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:17 pm 

NewDeep wrote:
Here's what I have learnt from VHS days -- once upon a time I used to collect VHS like crazy -- have a nice collection even now. I used to study in Maharashtra and bought all VHS from there and carried them home to Punjab. All these VHS were authored in Mumbai and they had great quality. The same titles, however, authored in New Delhi (for distribution in North India) were no better than shitty piratted camera prints... even if they were legal brands.

That lesson still stands... even today, the Mumbai authored DVDs are good quality while New Delhi authored DVDs are crappy. Almost all Eagle DVDs are authored in New Delhi -- and almost all of them are crappy. Eagle has had Hanuman English authored in Mumbai (from KRCD - Koches Rajes) and as such, this Eagle title may be good... but the rule of the thumb is -- if you see a New Delhi address on a DVD back cover -- avoid it :)

Hope this helps...

I think, i saw an exception to this: Nagina dvd

Post subject: ques
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:20 am 

How is the audio on Nagina -- does it perform well in a 5.1 setup? Does it carry a New Delhi authoring address or Mumbai? Thx...

I've returned Ab Tak 56 because it had mono track fed into 5.1, Ek Hasina Thi, Darna Mana Hai -- for the same reasons -- the last two had bad PQ as well.

Post subject: Re: ques
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:21 pm 

NewDeep wrote:
How is the audio on Nagina -- does it perform well in a 5.1 setup? Does it carry a New Delhi authoring address or Mumbai? Thx...

I've returned Ab Tak 56 because it had mono track fed into 5.1, Ek Hasina Thi, Darna Mana Hai -- for the same reasons -- the last two had bad PQ as well.

I do not think, nagina had 5.1 and was not supposed too! film like that serve well, with orig mono or streo! I'll recheck though!

in the mean time

viewtopic.php?t=2949&highlight=nagina

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:36 pm 

so, what's the verdict on VIRASAT, which DVD to get.....there seem to be so many now, how does Shemaroo compare with Videsound, Eagle, Spark etc.
Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:50 am 

Bump

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:12 am 

harry_rasul wrote:
so, what's the verdict on VIRASAT, which DVD to get.....there seem to be so many now, how does Shemaroo compare with Videsound, Eagle, Spark etc.
Thanks

spark, if you can find it?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:26 pm 

As far as I known VIRAST for USA the rights were with Video Sound and for the UK the rights must be with Spark and Shemaroo must be for India I would aviod Video Sound because of all there other dvds have been crap so I cant see this one being any better and Spark DVD's stop working after the first time
JAT

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:54 pm 

also done by eagle in india

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:17 am 

what about the eros version..

http://dvdstore.erosentertainment.com/p ... result.asp

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:32 pm 

Eros is shit

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:13 pm 

Spark/ Video Sound (authored by SD) was the best till a few years ago. If a new HD version has come out, I can't say. SD had mentioned that this master recording was ready for High Def when it comes. Later, as the Blu Rays started coming out, all SD, VS and perhaps even Spark were/ are inactive in DVD/ Blu Ray business ??

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:22 pm 

Their words can definitely be vouched for! The Video Sound version, based on the screenshots, sure does look like one of the best looking DVDs of an Indian film. Is the DVD also encoded as 24 fps?