It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:42 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:31 am 

They could have released the unmatted on dvd...

Thanks Zoran009 and Ali :-)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:50 pm 

Confirmed to be 2-discs by Shemaroo:

deepinder to shemaroo wrote:
There are two editions listed for Naya Daur (Colour) on your site:
1) One-disc edition
2) Two-disc edition
Please advise if the movie runtime in both editions is exactly the same? Or is the 2-disc international version of the movie having a shorter runtime?
Here are the links:
1) One-disc: http://shemaroo.com/online/product.asp? ... 739&sent=1
2) Two-disc: http://www.shemaroo.com/overseas/Dvd_Sh ... 415&sent=2

shemaroo in reply wrote:
Thank you for writing to us.
Both the editions are one and the same- they comprise of two DVDs. One DVD has the movie, while the other has bonus features like interviews of the cast and crew, etc.
They are available for customers in India as well as Overseas.

previously confirmed by music yogi (e-tailer)
aadarsh from music yogi wrote:
I managed to open the boxes which arrived now. I checked the details on the DVD sleeve, and I have updated the information on the site.

...it is indeed a 2-Disc edition (autographed)

And, the runtime is 163 mins for the Disc 1 & 38 mins for Disc 2.
http://www.musicyogi.com/asp/movieDetai ... Id=MOV5154

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:02 am 

And to think that I ordered the new DVD before coming across this thread with the pics. That's fifteen dollars plus shipping I might not have spent had I known all the gory details. It's cropped to make a fake widescreen out of it, destroying the original compositions, and cutting off people's heads. They did the same with the atrocious Mughal-E-Azam colorized DVD. What is it about Indian DVD production companies that makes them think that widescreen is somehow superior, even when it means removing original and intended video? Or was this new version also screened in theaters as widescreen, making it the fault of some studio or rights holder? And after making it widescreen, they encoded for 4:3 rather than 16:9. I like this film quite a bit and was looking forward to a restored version, even if it had been partially ruined by colorization. The Legend people in the US are releasing quite a few restored and colorized films, but they at least have the good sense to include the black and white version in their 2-disc sets. I knew that Shemaroo wasn't going to include a black and white version along with the colorized one, but now I come to find out Naya Daur has been doubly ruined by them hacking away pieces of the picture. Have these people no integrity at all?

From the looks of the pics, it's another field-blended PAL2NTSC piece of garbage, and to add insult to injury, Shemaroo has chosen this one to stick their huge logo on. This has really made my day. :)

For those that don't know of this fine film, I wrote a short review of it here:

http://www.bollywhat-forum.com/index.php?topic=21850.0

In it there's a link to a "professional" review, and also a link to the wonderful main song and dance number, Ude Jab Jab Zulphe Teri. When I get this new colorized DVD from NehaFlix in a couple of days, I'll also upload the colorized version of the same song to Stage6.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:11 pm 

welcome cousin manoo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:46 am 

Thanks, Zoran009,

I've been visiting zulm.net for awhile now, but don't post much. I have a ways to go before catching up to your post count. I had seen NewDeep's original post in this thread soon after he made it, so I had been on the lookout for this new DVD for awhile now, and my most recent NehaFlix e-mail mentioned they had it in stock, so I took the plunge.

Since you said hello to me, I have a question for you. The subject of your first post in this thread is CCE RENCODED RELEASE SS. What exactly does that mean? That the retail DVD used a hardware CCE encoder? That you reencoded it yourself, and the pics were taken from your reencode? That you maybe downloaded a CCE reencoded version of it from which the screencaps were taken? Something else entirely?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:32 pm 

manono wrote:
Thanks, Zoran009,

I've been visiting zulm.net for awhile now, but don't post much. I have a ways to go before catching up to your post count. I had seen NewDeep's original post in this thread soon after he made it, so I had been on the lookout for this new DVD for awhile now, and my most recent NehaFlix e-mail mentioned they had it in stock, so I took the plunge.

Since you said hello to me, I have a question for you. The subject of your first post in this thread is CCE RENCODED RELEASE SS. What exactly does that mean? That the retail DVD used a hardware CCE encoder? That you reencoded it yourself, and the pics were taken from your reencode? That you maybe downloaded a CCE reencoded version of it from which the screencaps were taken? Something else entirely?

your presence , comments, and queries are welcome here!

I borrowed those SS from BWT site , where people for ease/economy , use orig DVD 9, compressed and then CCE re encode them to improve overall PQ.

I am not much well versed and have not used that technique myself ever!

I hope you understand that orig DVD 9 dvds of HINDI MOVIES are so pathetic to start with that any further compression with or without re encoding is simply nothing less than a disaster.

But you get entire film on single dvd 5 to your advantage and people who watch on your PC dloaded stuff do not have to dload, much and for too long. So that is the nutshell about it!

DVD 5 of hindi film from DVD 9 is NO NO for me!

NAYA DAUR DVD is latest KATRINA by shemaroo :(

NAYA DAUR, GANGA JAMUNA, MADHUMATI, KOHINOOR are some of my old fav films.

I hope they do not screw those up further!

Why cant they just clean, re master orig print, fix sound and be done with it :? such an aggressive, disasterous measures are unwarranted in the first place!imho!

See you around! :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:51 pm 

Ok - so the forced matting is not all that great, and on the dvd the PQ could have been better -- but I must say, the audio 5.1 is done pretty well. Good ambient surround sounds and really nice bass to give my sub-woofer a workout during dramatic sequences.

The 5.1 is best during the songs -- really nice!! Good work here...

==

And, as I watch the movie, Ajit comes across as so much more impressive than Dilip Kumar ;-)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:40 pm 

http://dvdstore.erosentertainment.com/p ... Colour_DVD

Is the above the EROS dvd of colourized NAYA DAUR???

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:44 pm 

NewDeep wrote:
http://dvdstore.erosentertainment.com/product/bollywood-movie.asp?Buy_Naya_Daur_-_Colour_DVD

Is the above the EROS dvd of colourized NAYA DAUR???

eros do not commit origin of their dvd, brand?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:54 pm 

This may actually also be the Shemaroo dvd only -- Eros is a damn strange site -- they keep changing their look and feel -- also, accessed from India, you'll see a site different from when accessed from abroad.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:32 pm 

I recenly saw HOLLYWOOD movie in HD transmission, WIZARD OF OZ, where one station made it WS, and I recorded both OAR 4:3 and this WS version, they both seemed identical, and had same amount of picture supposedly.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:25 am 

The Wizard Of Oz (1939) is 4:3...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:24 am 

NewDeep wrote:

yes!! but one station made it WS a la naya daur style

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:23 am 

Zoran009 wrote:
NewDeep wrote:

Ok... by matting?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:58 pm 

NewDeep wrote:
Zoran009 wrote:
NewDeep wrote:

Ok... by matting?

yup! but proportions were perfectly preserved!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next