It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:08 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 4:22 am 

I've had these screen shots squatting on my HDD since December :lol: think it's about time I posted them, as per rana's request.

thought you guys would like some "fast motion" shots. check out the birdie!

the picture does get grainy at times as seen in the last shot, but overall a satisfactory dvd! great sound. the first four shots are from the song "nee kosam" which IMO is the best song of the album, and this song alone is worth buying the dvd for, if not for a great quality dvd. iDream's newer releases are definitely reference quality, which I'll post the screenies to soon...possibly in december :lol:

awesome DD5.1 track, with English subs!! Play All Songs. Play All Songs Audio Only! what's great about this dvd is that the video, on a 92" display, looks exactly the way it looks in the screen shots! no pixelation, no combing artifacts. :)

support good dvds!! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 5:04 am 

You should capture the dvd screenshots correctly. Can the mods pls correct the aspect ratio.. This is a proper 2.35:1 dvd..

For all those "satisfied" folks here, who are impressed with the SHIT dished out by Yashraj (good colors, good this good that...its good and yet its not shit)..I would say to those folks...please take a look at Pav's screencap of that fast moving Bird....

No matter what mode he takes it in..it is PROGRESSIVE all the way ! that means a good picture ! COmplement that with a true DD 5.1 audio...and you have a real good dvd !

Great work Pav...time to show da EROS-SPARK- lovers (aka the Blokes in da house), here some screencaps of Yagnam also :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 6:08 am 

i should add that i took these caps with power dvd set to hardware acceleration. the default settings would not reproduce the proper contrast that I've seen on the 92" in display.

and for the very purpose that sknath mentioned, i took the screenie of the birdie.

i don't know what happened with the aspect ratio. i must've been smokin something that night, but you get the idea:) i'll post the other dvd shots with proper AR. think it might've been due to photoshop elements. bah, who cares. enjoy :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 6:40 am 

Pav wrote:
i should add that i took these caps with power dvd set to hardware acceleration. the default settings would not reproduce the proper contrast that I've seen on the 92" in display.

and for the very purpose that sknath mentioned, i took the screenie of the birdie.

i don't know what happened with the aspect ratio. i must've been smokin something that night, but you get the idea:) i'll post the other dvd shots with proper AR. think it might've been due to photoshop elements. bah, who cares. enjoy :)

Yes disable HA and then capture the screenshots...(I think the procedure is listed here on zulm itself)..well smoke away....your smoke has borne its fruits :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 7:54 am 

Those are some very nice looking shots! Please post from more iDream DVDs. You can even see the pattern in Nagarjuna's shirt in the first cap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 8:14 am 
Site Admin

Thanks for the screen shots, not seen a decent looking DVD in ages :shock: Screen shots look good.

Ali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 8:24 am 
Site Admin

Resized to 16x9 frame, to correct the aspect ratio;

Ali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 4:21 pm 

This is called GOODIES!
APUN KA DIL GARDEN GARDEN HOGAYA! FOTOS DEKH KAAR! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 7:18 pm 

Is the movie good?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 8:02 pm 

DragunR2 wrote:
Is the movie good?

I like Nagarjuna. His characters are always charismatic. But I was dissapointed with the film. Shriya looked cute as usual, and Arti looked fat as usual. It's a ONE-Time-pass watch film. Except for the song I mentioned which has tremendous repeat value!! The music is by Kareem Abdul Jabar.

If I didn't already have the dvd, I would get the DVD:
1) for the excellent transfer, audio & video.
2) to support a company that feels our pain, and answering to our long imposed pains by X number of other companies.
3) last fight scene is cool.
4) THAT SONG!
5) to make the rest of your Indian dvd's jealous
6) It's only about $12 to $13. Can't you keep yourself from buying other crap for a company that will hopefully release more dvds with better quality?? 2 dvds that were released after this dvd are MUCH better, Especially their latest Sri Anjaneyam!!

I myself didn't like the film, but many others have. It became a "hit". It's a routine southie film.

I however did like Nagarjuna's Shivamani, but the video isn't as good as this one, but better than most, and is progressive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 8:22 pm 

Pav wrote:
get the DVD:
2) to support a company that feels our pain, and answering to our long imposed pains by X number of other companies.
4) THAT SONG!
6) It's only about $12 to $13.

That comes to just $ 2 for each of the above. :D
A referrence quality DVD (for the excellent transfer, audio & video) for $ 12 is a steal.

Pav wrote:

Correction:
"to make your friends jealous of your DVD".

Pav wrote:
will hopefully release more dvds with better quality?? 2 dvds that were released after this dvd are MUCH better, Especially their latest Sri Anjaneyam!!
I however did like Nagarjuna's Shivamani, but the video isn't as good as this one, but better than most, and is progressive.

I've been waiting for the names of i-dream Progressive DVDs.
You mentioned,
Nenunnau
Sri Anjaneyam!!
Shivamani
that are Progressive.

Pl. name other i-dream Progressive DVDs. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 8:43 pm 

rana wrote:
Pav wrote:
get the DVD:
4) THAT SONG!

A referrence quality DVD (for the excellent transfer, audio & video) for $ 12 is a steal.

Pav wrote:

Correction:

Pav wrote:
will hopefully release more dvds with better quality?? 2 dvds that were released after this dvd are MUCH better, Especially their latest Sri Anjaneyam!!

You mentioned,
Nenunnau
Sri Anjaneyam!!
Shivamani
that are Progressive.

Yagnam also !... Pav..looks like Zulmis, needed a jolt as they were on drugs all this while...praising
"how good the BLACK DVD is..good colors, vivid this etc"....

Maybe now, they will have have a different opinion.

BTW..Lakshmi Kataksham is semi-progressive. It is progressive till the interval. After that it becomes interlaced :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 8:45 pm 

arsh wrote:
This is called GOODIES!

Miyan..aap toh Black DVD ki tareef karke foole nahin samaye....Zara ab toh apna nazaraiya badaliye :)... In fact this dvd is good 'cos Prasad Digital made sure that a proper Film-2-NTSC telecine was done.. Right now..iDream is miles ahead of the rest ...Maybe if other companies can catch up with iDream (at least the telugu DVD makers)..it would be a whole new ball game !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 11:17 pm 

sknath wrote:
rana wrote:
Pav wrote:
get the DVD:
4) THAT SONG!

Pav wrote:

Correction:

Pav wrote:

You mentioned,
Nenunnau
Sri Anjaneyam!!
Shivamani
that are Progressive.

Yagnam also !... Pav..looks like Zulmis, needed a jolt as they were on drugs all this while...praising
"how good the BLACK DVD is..good colors, vivid this etc"....

Maybe now, they will have have a different opinion.

BTW..Lakshmi Kataksham is semi-progressive. It is progressive till the interval. After that it becomes interlaced :D

I listened to music of this film online!
I must say, it is very different kreevani, that I hear here! It sounds very much like garden variety telugu film music, e.g old sri devi films etc!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 11:19 pm 

sknath wrote:
arsh wrote:
This is called GOODIES!

Miyan..aap toh Black DVD ki tareef karke foole nahin samaye....Zara ab toh apna nazaraiya badaliye :)... In fact this dvd is good 'cos Prasad Digital made sure that a proper Film-2-NTSC telecine was done.. Right now..iDream is miles ahead of the rest ...Maybe if other companies can catch up with iDream (at least the telugu DVD makers)..it would be a whole new ball game !

miyan apun bhi black holiya hai!!I hope it will make you guys feel better!