It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:09 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:24 pm 

Saw IAVC version of Teen Devian on DVD.

FIRST GOOD POINTS:
It's on Gold Media
Pseudo-progressive.

NOW READY FOR DISASTER:
Crux of the story is that Dev gets in a mess and can't decide who to pick to be his life partner.

How he decides and why, which happens to be the climax, is highlight of the film and is in colour, is totaly missing. One minute he is totally confused and the next minute he is running after his choice and the film ends in 2 minutes.

IAVC version is 125 min long.

Shemaroo version is now available, but am affraid that the color reel of the film may have totally disappeared from the film over time??

Can any one check by borrowing or renting Shemaroo Teen Devian??

Thanks.

Rana

P.S.
Great songs though, and all are in tact.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 8:11 pm 

Wouldn't helph much. shemaroo does the authoring for IAVC :p :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 1:06 am 

Was able to check Shemaroo Teen Devian DVD, before buying. Shemaroo DVD is the same as IAVC version, CLIMAX missing.

BTW, climax of the film is one reel (aprox 12 min) and is in color. This was the highlite of the film where psychic shows Dev (us) the outcome of the marriage if with either of the 3 heroines. This reel was the reason for 'A' certificate.

Rana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 1:40 pm 

I had the chance to see this movie the a couple of days ago on a Shemaroo DVD. It was a really good movie - but as you reported, there is a large portion missing from the film. :x

Can you (or someone) please let me know what happened during this portion? I have never seen the movie before and I am really curious as to why it got an 'A' certificate. :shock:

Thanks!

Muz.

PS - I guess a spoiler alert should also be posted ... :wink:

PPS - A while back someone posted a report about Naya Daur being colourised ... Teen Devian was one of the films that is on the list to be given the colour restoration treatment. Perhaps this will be the only way to see a full version of this movie in the coming years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 2:48 pm 

SPOILER ALERT----------MAY BE.

This much is in the DVD:
Dev is really puzzled who to select as his wife. He can't make up his mind. He sees a Fortune Teller Window. He goes in.

The following is missing: (In Color)
The Fortune Teller uses a magic crystal ball for Dev to discover what will happen in his married life. Dev sees through the Crystal Ball.

First Kalpana Honeymoon scene and then friction between Kalpana the actress vs jealous Dev.
Simmi Honeymoon scene and later show Simmi wants abortion.

(For those times, both honeymoon scenes, with associated skin display, were considered Adult content and hence the reason for 'A' certificate. Yeh Raat Phir Naa Aayegi also got 'A' cert for this reason and not for horror)

As far as I remember, Nanda episode is not in crystal ball or elsewhere.

End Color sequence.

Rest is in the DVD.

Rana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 1:09 pm 

Thanks for filling in the blanks Rana ... !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:51 pm 

rana wrote:

This much is in the DVD:
Dev is really puzzled who to select as his wife. He can't make up his mind. He sees a Fortune Teller Window. He goes in.

The Fortune Teller uses a magic crystal ball for Dev to discover what will happen in his married life. Dev sees through the Crystal Ball.

First Kalpana Honeymoon scene and then friction between Kalpana the actress vs jealous Dev.

End Color sequence.

Rest is in the DVD.

Rana

Rented Esquire VHS. It's 2 hrs 20 min. Color sequence that I described is 12.5 min, out of total discrepency of 14.5 min. So, the DVD (Shemaroo or IAVC) is just missing this color reel climax of the film.

BTW, in the color sequence, segments from the song "Aise To Na Dekho" are filmed on Kalpana and as well as on Simi. Nanda too, appers in the color sequence but for less than one minute.

Post subject: Complete Teen Devian...
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:52 am 

I bought "Teen Devian" (Shemaroo). When I saw it, I was amazed that its last and color part was missing from the DVD. I wrote to Shemaroo about it, they replied that Shemaroo releases films as they get them from their respective producers. I wonder, why would producers (in this particular case AMARJEET) give uncomplete films to the DVD manufacturers. Does anybody know if "Teen Devian" has been released by any vendor, which is complete.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:07 am 

jsjabbal wrote:
I bought "Teen Devian" (Shemaroo). When I saw it, I was amazed that its last and color part was missing from the DVD. I wrote to Shemaroo about it, they replied that Shemaroo releases films as they get them from their respective producers. I wonder, why would producers (in this particular case AMARJEET) give uncomplete films to the DVD manufacturers. Does anybody know if "Teen Devian" has been released by any vendor, which is complete.

EROS VHS has that missing segment. An earlier zulm thread on this exists.

A MINOR CORRECTION: It's ESQUIRE VHS, not EROS VHS.

Last edited by rana on Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Thanks Rana...
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:05 am 

What "An earlier zulm thread on this exists" means. I am new to Zulm.net, so I am not familair with all the terminolgy. How can I access earlier Threads etc.

Post subject: Re: Thanks Rana...
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:20 am 

GreatGuy wrote:
What "An earlier zulm thread on this exists" means. I am new to Zulm.net, so I am not familair with all the terminolgy. How can I access earlier Threads etc.

Oops, I meant to add that link but forgot all about it.
Here is the link from earlier thread:

viewtopic.php?t=4694&highlight=devian

--------------------

I used 'SEARCH' feature above (next to FAQ) to search for previous posts.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:56 pm 

GreatGuy wrote:

Just came across a web post that described him as "Late Amarjeet" for a 1985 film. So, no hope of ever finding that missing climax, from original film source. (Esquire VHS has that climax sequence).

viewtopic.php?t=4694&highlight=devian

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0024039/

Mods: Could you please merge these two threads:
Quote:

Thank you.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:11 am 

we discovered the same about shemaroo Teen Devian :-(

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:12 am 

rana wrote:
rana wrote:

This much is in the DVD:

End Color sequence.

Rest is in the DVD.

Rana

Rented Esquire VHS. It's 2 hrs 20 min. Color sequence that I described is 12.5 min, out of total discrepency of 14.5 min. So, the DVD (Shemaroo or IAVC) is just missing this color reel climax of the film.

BTW, in the color sequence, segments from the song "Aise To Na Dekho" are filmed on Kalpana and as well as on Simi. Nanda too, appers in the color sequence but for less than one minute.

Further to Teen Devian climax Missing in DVD:

Finally, transferred the Climax (color) from VHS to DVD.

1) Film CC (no date, but looks like the orig release): 4186 meters which is 152.5 min. But, it also says 15 reels so film must have been 150 min max ??

2) It's available in VHS, Color portion is 12.5 min. It must have been close to 20 min. Once it's over 10 min, you need a new color reel. Why waste expensive (at that time) 7.5 min of color film ?? From this I must conclude that some scenes are cut in the color sequence.
Moreover I distinctly remember 2-3 scenes in the color sequence that were definitely there when I saw it in theatre, in the 1960s, and are not IN now.

3) VHS is 139 min and is 4% speed up making it 144.5 min film time.

4) DVD is 125 min and is 4% speed up, which is 130 min film time. Annoyingly, Climax is totally missing.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:21 pm 

Finally (last 4-5 months), the missing segment color climax is becoming available on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuuLBpxAuBs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sex2vdDZsgM&t=10s
https://madhulikaliddle.com/2012/01/18/ ... ment-69311

BTW, link
https://madhulikaliddle.com/2012/01/18/ ... ment-69311
has video originating from my VHS, but is not easily found. Look for Rajesha posting and the video shows up as 1cm x 1cm because it's the nth reply in sequence. Double click on vdeo and it becomes full screen. This video has a 1-2 min before and a 1-2 min after the color sequence to give proper perspective to the sequence. Look for the 14 min 31 sec version, not the 12 min 23 sec one.

Added Later:
14:31 version now in proper size at:
https://madhulikaliddle.com/2012/01/18/ ... yaan-1965/

and also at:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBeXqms9OJg&t=634s