It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: zulm opening page update
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 1:50 am 

May be it's time to change DVDs listed as 'forthcoming' DVDs to 'newly released' DVDs on the zulm opening page??

Thanks.

Rana

Edited By rana on 1076291540

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 4:47 pm 

wish you didnt open your big mouth now they delete the whole thing opening page looks blah thanks to you :p :angry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 8:50 pm 
Site Admin

:laugh: It's not Rana's fault - it's just my lazy arse can't be arsed :oo: keeping upto date. Main site is mostly useless to me - forums is where the latest info/news/views are.

Maybe it's time to make zulm totally forum based, retaining the main site as old reference - ?

Ali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 11:30 pm 

yeh ur right...noone really reviews anymore..and alot of the old reviews screenshots dont work...so i think.....it is time.. :nopity:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 3:16 pm 

ali wrote:
:laugh: It's not Rana's fault - it's just my lazy arse can't be arsed :oo: keeping upto date. Main site is mostly useless to me - forums is where the latest info/news/views are.

Maybe it's time to make zulm totally forum based, retaining the main site as old reference - ?

Ali

in that case dump the whole front page. my appologies rana looks like i opened my big mouth :laugh:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 7:27 pm 

monizam wrote:
I love the front page-At the bottom it tells all who are on zulm
and this way I can continue or not as I always see if my friends are on zulm or not---LOL

monizam thats the front page of the forum we are talking about the front page of zulm.net :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 7:40 pm 

Clipper wrote:
wish you didnt open your big mouth now they delete the whole thing opening page looks blah thanks to you :p :angry:

I regret it too.

Front Page zulm.net is important and should look good.

I know, Ali is busy in his job and so are other zulmis. On the other hand, colorfull, informative and gateway page is important.

What to do??
I wonder, if some DVD e-tailer (IW, Neha, IndiaPlaza etc) would want to maintain the zulm opening page?? Any other ideas??

Rana

Edited By rana on 1077565266

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 5:41 pm 
Site Admin

rana wrote:
What to do??
I wonder, if some DVD e-tailer (IW, Neha, IndiaPlaza etc) would want to maintain the zulm opening page?? Any other ideas??

You're kidding right?! IW will plaster the front page with covers of Coolie, Faraar and Angoor and claim them to be DVDs! :laugh:

I will get rid of the front page but put a holding page on there with links to the forum threads. This page will update automatically will little input from me. Maybe into sections with new screen shot threads, new movie threads etc If thread titles have keywords then its make it easy to automate the process to update the front-page ie every thread with DVD screen shots can start with [DVDShots] which will atomically appear on the front page. Also this way the thread with screen shots link can be deleted as the process will be all automated and archived on the front page.

I think this will be more useful than anything else.

Ali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 5:47 pm 

ali wrote:
I will get rid of the front page but put a holding page on there with links to the forum threads. This page will update automatically will little input from me. Maybe into sections with new screen shot threads, new movie threads etc If thread titles have keywords then its make it easy to automate the process to update the front-page ie every thread with DVD screen shots can start with [DVDShots] which will atomically appear on the front page. Also this way the thread with screen shots link can be deleted as the process will be all automated and archived on the front page.

I think this will be more useful than anything else.

Ali

Sounds good to me. But, do keep what's in the Left Column.

Rana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 10:40 pm 

dont delete it...keep it up..and link it in the forums or something...so like 10 years down the track...we can look back and go...oh yeh...we did have a frontpage and a whole site for reviews lolz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:25 am 

Quote:
You're kidding right?! IW will plaster the front page with covers of Coolie, Faraar and Angoor and claim them to be DVDs!

:laugh: But they are " Best Sellers " :D either that or you plaster the frontpage with pictures of all the pain in the ass Zulmis, and yes you can begin with me!. Just reach in the magic bag and pull my picture out :D No bat ears though! :p