It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:29 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 11:38 pm 
Site Admin

Final batch of screen shots for today thanks to Arsh - this is Karma DVD shots from Shemaroo – the usual PQ story;

Ali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 11:39 pm 
Site Admin

Few more...

Ali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 1:21 am 

whats the aspect ratio of karma ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 2:33 am 

cropped to 1.85? ali to confirm..it is cropped on both sides, all ghaii, titles got the scissors, in favour to maximize the experience of ? 4:3 AR TV viewers! who make up the majority, lol, but ironical...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 2:57 am 

arsh wrote:
cropped to 1.85? ali to confirm..it is cropped on both sides, all ghaii, titles got the scissors, in favour to maximize the experience of ? 4:3 AR TV viewers! who make up the majority, lol, but ironical...

1) 1.85:1 doesn't maximize the experience of 4:3 AR TV. It's a good compromise though.

2) 1.85:1 non-anamorphic doesn't maximize experience for widescreen TVs either. 1.85:1 anamorphic does.

3) As seen in many cases, 1.85:1 AR doesnot automatically imply cut from sides, a 2.35:1 picture.
1.85:1 could also be attained by removing mattes from the top and bottom of the theatrical print. How do we find if extra picture existed on the sides??

Rana

Rana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 4:14 am 

rana wrote:
3) As seen in many cases, 1.85:1 AR doesnot automatically imply cut from sides, a 2.35:1 picture.
1.85:1 could also be attained by removing mattes from the top and bottom of the theatrical print. How do we find if extra picture existed on the sides??

If we're talking about Indian movies and the DVD is around 1.85:1, like the Ghai films that Arsh has recently taken shots of, then they're being cropped from the sides, barring the rare exceptions, where the OAR is 1.85:1.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 4:23 pm 

while taking shots, i esp noticed in karma, shots were cropped from sides, so some actors to be in the frame r half out etc!it is painful to see that, khkn was sameway too...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 5:05 pm 
Site Admin

rana wrote:
As seen in many cases, 1.85:1 AR doesnot automatically imply cut from sides, a 2.35:1 picture

In this case it does :tounge:

Ali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 5:16 pm 

ali wrote:
rana wrote:
As seen in many cases, 1.85:1 AR doesnot automatically imply cut from sides, a 2.35:1 picture

In this case it does :tounge:

Ali

Agreed.

When I wrote that comment, I hadn't seen the screen caps (it takes too long on my home internet connection). What I said, is not incorrect either as seen in many cases.

Rana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 4:49 pm 

Just got this dvd from http://www.indiaplaza.com (ofcourse! through a friend).

Quite dissapointed, the dvd cover is clearly photocopied or shall i say it's been re-printed in North-America. The disc cover doesn't look like the disc from india either.

While browsing the DVD, i noticed audio is out of sync. There words would come before they actually say it. Similiar to Yashraj's Ram Teri Ganga Maili. The video also pixellate at times, but mostly the screen sharpens and then becomes dull and then sharpens and becomes dull... didn't know how else to explain. This effect reminds me of the copy dvd that i would get when using dvdxpress to copy a dvd.

Now i am wondering if i were to get this same dvd from india, Would it make any difference. :hmm:
....... guess, there is one way to find out!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 4:59 pm 

indeed, shumu, get orig from shemaroo..

happy new year bro

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 5:12 pm 

shuman wrote:
the screen sharpens and then becomes dull and then sharpens and becomes dull...

Its a definite dupe!

Whenever any Shemaroo DVD is backed up that is exactly what happens....I bought mine from Indiaweekly.com and all were originals.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:25 pm 

shuman wrote:
Just got this dvd from http://www.indiaplaza.com (ofcourse! through a friend).

Quite dissapointed, the dvd cover is clearly photocopied or shall i say it's been re-printed in North-America. The disc cover doesn't look like the disc from india either.

While browsing the DVD, i noticed audio is out of sync. There words would come before they actually say it. Similiar to Yashraj's Ram Teri Ganga Maili. The video also pixellate at times, but mostly the screen sharpens and then becomes dull and then sharpens and becomes dull... didn't know how else to explain. This effect reminds me of the copy dvd that i would get when using dvdxpress to copy a dvd.

Now i am wondering if i were to get this same dvd from india, Would it make any difference. :hmm:
....... guess, there is one way to find out!

Can somebody verify that Karma (Shemaroo) DVD is single-layered OR duble-layered?
I think I got duplicate from Indiaplaza and it's a single-layered dvd (4.11GB - 4,417,333,248 bytes) with more than 3 hours of movie and some extras. What do you expect for $3.99 (including shipping & handling) and that too from Indiaplaza... :( :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:46 pm 

Its dual layered ... as like I mentioned and Shuman bhai also mentioned when ripped/copied/backed up to a 4gb disc the pq goes from sharp to dul etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:13 pm 

Can somebody verify whether Chaalia (Raj Kapoor) Shemaroo DVD is single layered OR double layered (size more than 4.35GB)?

Thanks in advance....