It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:47 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 7:16 am 

Any one, plus plss, give ur input on audio/video quality! :baaa:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 2:49 pm 

I think, sknath had posted EVP Kati Patang screen shots last year.

I don't have EVP Kati Patang, but have seen it. The DVD is at par with DEI. EVP Aradhana that I have, has turned out to be different than DragunR2's version (mine is Video Mode, DragunR2's is Film mode). I would like both these DVDs as well, but am not sure what will I get now, genuine or improper replicated copy. Similerly, Kashmir Ki Kali, that I bought recently, turned out to be interlaced. So, I am holding off till I am sure of the quality of the presently available copies.

All other EVP Hindi DVDs (bought last year) that I have are Film mode.

Rana

Edited By rana on 1030365054

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 7:13 am 

I think arsh you are probably rajesh khanna fan like me. I recently ordered Rajesh Khanna hits from India weekly. I have seen the songs of both of these movies which I think have been copied from EVP. I am satisified of the print and video quality. I do have the dvds of Aradhana and Kati Patang from Baba digital. Aradhana is fine but do not buy Kati Patang

Gautam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 4:37 pm 

Not really, Gautam da! infact, someof rajesh's films were GOOD indeed! I personally prefer AMAR PREM and KATI PATANG!
But will go for EVP versions, as DEI is DOOMED!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 4:46 pm 

arsh wrote:
Not really, Gautam da! infact, someof rajesh's films were GOOD indeed! I personally prefer AMAR PREM and KATI PATANG!
But will go for EVP versions, as DEI is DOOMED!

Provided you find them... Cos the EVP version of Kati Patang is very hard to find

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 4:56 pm 

[Provided you find them]???? :baaa: :bangbang:

Whats dis BAEBY??? ???

Edited By arsh on 1030380994

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 7:34 pm 
Site Admin

Screen shots of EVP Aradhana;

Ali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 10:40 pm 

My copy of EVP Aradhana, which is in film mode, has a different general menu design. It doesn't have subtitles, and the main menu page has a picture of Rajesh Khanna and Sharmila Tagore. The chapters menu has a purplish background, and the chapters have titles below the boxes, such as "Vandana Comes Home." It does have Songs Video, Songs Audio, and Cast. But my disc also includes a Coming Attractions option, which plays the original theatrical trailers for Amar Prem and Mera Gaon Mera Desh. My copy also has the EVP logo encoded as a subtitle track. Is the subtitled one interlaced? If you could provide the times at which the screenshots occur, I could compare all the shots included to the same shots on my disc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2002 10:50 pm 

I was checking one of my disc! prob Abhiman..new batch..it does have EVP logo engraved into the picture, but not still, film mode!! so what happened in re processing/duplication that film ka video mode ban gaya? ???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 1:28 am 

The screenshots posted above ?.. Are they progressive or interlaced ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 1:57 am 

I think, ali said..all A's titles..video mode(interlaced)!?to me personally, Aradhna is looking better than..Ajnabee!!

Edited By arsh on 1038967107

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 7:41 am 

Dragun pardon Moi for my brazenness...but would it be possible for you to give me 2 replicated copies of your DVD :D ( Will pay you for them... at least better than paying some other "noble sites" for that "dirty work" ).... what say mate ? ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 2:40 pm 

arsh wrote:
I was checking one of my disc! prob Abhiman..new batch..it does have EVP logo engraved into the picture, but not still, film mode!! so what happened in re processing/duplication that film ka video mode ban gaya? ???

It's normal for EVP titles to switch from Prog to Pseudo-prog (interlaced) in newer batches even if they were Prog in the original batches. Ajnabee Prem Kahani and Kashmir Ki Kali are from a PAL (or 25 fps dig camera) master and hence must have been Interlaced (are Pseudo-prog) in all the batches. I do have Prog Abhimaan.

EVP neither knows the difference nor do they seem to care. Old EVP Patthar Ke Sanam is prog in some segments and interlaced in other segments. I want EVP's Progressive KATI PATANG and ARADHANA which do exist Progressive. There is no hope of getting it from EVP. Acquiring a replicated copy is the only way.

Rana

Edited By rana on 1039013231