It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:34 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 8:22 pm 
Site Admin

BTW back to original topic of Abhimaan re-release – I wouldn’t trust anything GVI releases – mostly likely it’ll be a repackaged Baba DVD :music: :where:

Ali :baaa:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 8:31 pm 

ali wrote:
BTW back to original topic of Abhimaan re-release – I wouldn’t trust anything GVI releases – mostly likely it’ll be a repackaged Baba DVD :music: :where:

Ali :baaa:

Déja Vu :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 8:33 pm 

Ali looking at the comb-natured image from Amjad Khan's shirt.. what can you conclude ? Is this interlaced or progressive ?

Edited By sknath on Aug. 16 2002 at 11:34

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 8:47 pm 

Sknath,
Combing does indicate interlaced source or improperly flogged disk. But even some of the progressive disks some times show this kind of combing on few scenes if not done right. If a picture does not have much of a motion it does not show combing even thou it is interlaced. But only the original poser can tell

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 10:29 pm 

sknath wrote:
Dragun can you tell us where u got this DVd from ? I may be interested in buying this dvd also

I bought the EVP Aradhana from Indiaplaza.com way back in 1999 when I first got my DVD player. I also got the EVP Abhimaan from a local Indian store around the same time. Looks like you'll have to do a bit of searching to find them. I recently saw a copy of Aradhana at an Indian store, so maybe there is hope.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 2:26 am 

Okay Guys,
I had a look at the BABA version of Aradhana.. Those Bastards @Baba have ripped off the EVP DVD completely but have cleverly replaced the EVP logo at the bottom and put in thier stupid logo and it appears as a white blot at the bottom right corner of your screen. I dont know if the version is interlaced or progressive..But based on the only other BABA dvd that I have (2 Aanken 12 Haath) I would say that it will most likely be an interlaced product !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2002 2:57 am 

Well being the sort of dealer i am i brought the offical uk censored version of Dharamveer(gvi) and guess what it has a new menu but the print is used and transfer is exactly the same as the EVP version of Dharamveer........So from that i conclude the GVI Release of Abhimaan will be the same as th EVP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 2:35 pm 

rana wrote:
dvd_pankhaa wrote:
yes, but how is the quality of
Dharam Veer (DV)
Abhimaan (A)
when compared to EVP 's
Barsaat Ki Ek Raat (BKIR)
b/c that dvd was absolutely gorgeous, it was neck-n-neck with DEI 's old film dvd's, or possibly even better!
so if BKIR is rated 10 on the scale of 1-10, 10 being the best
how would you rate DV and A?

I forgot about Barsaat Ki Ek Raat.
EVP's Barsaat Ki Ek Raat, ABHIMAAN and DHARAMVEER are all in the same league (all three will rate 10). Other EVP Hindi titles are not too far behind.

Rana

P.S.
If any one locates EVP's KATI PATANG somewhere please let me know.
Did EVP ever release JAI SANTOSHI MAA?? It's songs are in EVP's Songs DVD.
Has any one seen EVP's other Hindi Songs DVD which has DHARMVEER Songs??

CORRECTION AND UPDATE:

THERE IS NO CONSISTENCY.

EVP's Barsaat Ek Raat: Is it an excellent print??
It looks excellent but the copy I have has 30 steps per second implying interlaced encoding.

Therefore I will score it only 7 as compared to 10 for Dharamveer and Abhimaan as they have 24 steps per sec implying progressive encoding.

Still, don't rely on this. There is no consistency between different batches of DVDs of the same title from the same company.

So far, out of my EVP Hindi DVDs, I have identified ARADHANA, KASHMIR KI KALI and BARSAAT KI EK RAAT that have 30 frames per sec. Yet, as dragunR2 mentioned, his ARADHANA DVD, which is from a different batch has proper 24 steps per sec.

Rana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 5:20 pm 

[Hmmm! i personally, like DHARAM VEEER pQ better than BKER!]IMHO, i'll repeat my observation after reviewing above shots and ali/faddy? review of DHARAM VEER!
DV looks a lot better transfer than BKER!! :baaa:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 10:16 am 

Not sure if this is a EVP re-release with subtitles but its under "NEW IN DVD" @ IW for a dirt cheap price:

Title Abhimaan(EVP)
Description Amitabh Bachchan, Jaya Bhaduri
Director Hrishikesh Mukherji
Brand/Distributor EVP
Genre Film, Drama
Subtitles English
Category DVD
Features
Year 1970s

Price $4.99

Title Aradhana(EVP)
Description Rajesh Khanna, Sharmila Tagore
Director Shakti Samantha
Brand/Distributor EVP
Genre Film, Drama
Subtitles English
Category DVD
Features
Year 1970s

Price $4.99

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 7:14 pm 

There are quite a few EVP titles now at IW. Most are good prints, specially for those where progressive vs. interlaced doesn't matter.

Ajnabee
Anurodh
Aradhana
Abhimaan
Kashmir Ki Kali

Rana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 7:25 pm 

all good films, music too!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 11:05 pm 

rana wrote:
There are quite a few EVP titles now at IW. Most are good prints, specially for those where progressive vs. interlaced doesn't matter.

Ajnabee
Anurodh
Aradhana
Abhimaan
Kashmir Ki Kali

Rana

Anyone get the subtitled versions of Abhimaan and Aradhana? Are they interlaced or progressive? Wasn't the subtitled version of Amar Prem interlaced?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 6:42 pm 

EVP DVDs have been very inconsistent as far as prog/ interlace is concerned. I think only half of their DVD titles in their original batches were prog. All the later batches have been interlaced and they don't even know what is the difference.

The only consolation is, that they still have excellent PQ and prog nature of pic is retained. Only thing is, the prog flags have disappeared. Some of the titles are from PAL 4% speed shifted masters. All (may be some exceptions) can be successfully played progressively (original film frames) using "Pixel to Pixel" comparing line doublers/ Prog DVD players/ Prog TVs. I categorize these DVDs as Pseudo-progressive.

Rana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 8:49 pm 

More and more EVP titles are showing up at IW site. Looks like EVP has started releasing them as DEI, who bought the rights from EVP, has gone out of business.

It's possible this authoring may be the work of DEI. If so, these titles will stay prog despite additional subtitles, otherwise not.

Rana

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next