It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:16 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2002 4:35 am 

Anamorphic video. 5.1 DD. Subtitles. It's a new movie and has very melodious songs and is also a very entertaining movie. Excellent film source is used and the audio is DD5.1. Video stands up to DEI standards.

Actors: Nagarjuna, Gracy Singh, and Sreya.

Extras: Play All Songs in Video and 'Audio Only' Modes.

I'll try to put screen shots as soon as I can get hold of registered PowerDVD.

Any other tools to make screen? Thanks!

Edited By kpolina on July 27 2002 at 09:37

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2002 4:16 pm 

[Extras: Play All Songs in Video and 'Audio Only' Modes.]

Lol! i had been waiting for this feature for ages! and I knew one day it will happen! I like Nag Arjuna, he was Great in Zakhm!Who authored dvd? BTW! Can u rip songs from audio format into mp3 format possibly?

Ek ticket 2 maza!!kool! Kpolina! Give us shots and mp3 lol! :baaa: :cool: :vsneaky:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2002 5:35 pm 

arsh bhai. if you need any telugu mp3s. visit #telugu-movies on IRC (DALNET). PM me in case you cant do that

Edited By jag on July 27 2002 at 08:40

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2002 4:41 am 

KP Can u count how many frames per second have been used for encoding ? As far as I know this will determine if it is indeed DEI standards we are talking here :- Please refer to this link for further information :-
(as to what I can deduce abt the frame rate from the DVD)
http://www.zulm.net/cgi-bin....32;st=0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2002 1:30 pm 

Kpolina,
I want to believe that EVP is using film mode on their dvd’s but I don’t. Please confirm that by using Sknath technique. And EVP’s one of the earlier Telugu Dvd Hello Brother does have a menu with Play All songs option.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2002 4:32 pm 

hello brother!? i thought video sound did that shit!hmm :baaa:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2002 4:34 pm 

Arsh,
This is Telugh Hello Brother with Nagarjuna.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2002 6:12 pm 

I tried SK's method to check the frames/sec on interVideo's WinDVD and found the frames/sec varied from 20-26/sec while most of the time it was 23. Then, I also did same test with DEI's ROJA(Hindi) and it too had frame rate that varied from 20-26/sec. I don't know what I am doing wrong. Could it be software dependent?

How I did this test was on the bottom of the WinDVD screen on status bar there is Chapter number and Time display. I put the movie on pause and moved frame by frame until I saw the seconds part of time make a change. From here I counted the frames until I saw a second part change.

BTW, I also saw Santhosham on widescreen HDTV and it looked fantastic in WideScreen mode.

Edited By kpolina on July 29 2002 at 14:13

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2002 6:50 pm 

Kp do the check on ur DVD player.. It should have a pause/step button... that will be a better check .... Count only the steps/pause that you make.....between the first and the next second.
Dont check it on ur computer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2002 7:36 pm 

kpolina wrote:
I tried SK's method to check the frames/sec on interVideo's WinDVD and found the frames/sec varied from 20-26/sec while most of the time it was 23. Then, I also did same test with DEI's ROJA(Hindi) and it too had frame rate that varied from 20-26/sec. I don't know what I am doing wrong. Could it be software dependent?

How I did this test was on the bottom of the WinDVD screen on status bar there is Chapter number and Time display. I put the movie on pause and moved frame by frame until I saw the seconds part of time make a change. From here I counted the frames until I saw a second part change.

I get consistent results from my Sony DVD player but have to count it certain way.

What happens is, when I move forward using jog-shuttle, sometimes frame doesn't change. I count only those that are indicated by "STEP" on the screen. For all NTSC DVDs I get 24 steps per sec if progressive and 30 steps per sec if not in Film mode or perhaps we can call them interlaced.

Film has 24 frames per sec, and if they are kept separated that way, some of the frames have to be repeated to make it 60 half frames per sec. When my DVD player indicates "STEP" it means that it has found a new frame. So the DVD player will find 24 original film frames if they have been sorted that way and will find 60 half or 30 full frames if parts of different film frames have been mixed up in each video frame as a result of 24 vs. 30 (half of 60) conversion. This can be due to “improper Film to NTSC DVD conversion”, “Film to NTSC to PAL to DVD conversion” or for “Film to PAL to NTSC to DVD conversion”.

Note that this count technique will not work for anything other than “NTSC-24 fps Film” combo. Also, different DVD players, drives-softwares may have different capabilities/ techniques.

Rana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2002 8:43 pm 

sk, i have Sony's 300+1 DVD Changer and unfortunately, it doesn't have STEP feature which moves frame by frame. I'll try to put screen captures in day or two.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 4:47 pm 

Santhosham from EVP is super quality and it
looked as good as Kaho Naa Pyar Hai on my big screen TV. The DVD quality is just Stunning. This is the best telugu DVD I ever owned. It's real anamorphic and there is no stretching problem on your wide screen TV. It's THE BEST by EVP!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 2:10 am 

Screenshots of Santhosham at http://www.pbase.com/image/3490073

SK, I promise I will get you screenshots of Bobbili Raja Soon!!! I'll make up with some good shots of DivyaBharathi!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 4:01 am 

ScreenShots of Bobbili Raja(don't get scared)!!
http://www.pbase.com/image/3491551

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 6:30 am 

Kp looking at the pic Dance1.jpg I can see a double image of Nagarjuna's legs... and this (most likely) indicates that this is indeed an interlaced output that is appearing from the DVD i.e 30 fps between 2 intervals which is not surprising as the authors are the wankas called Media Dimensions who dont want to use a progressive based dvd encoding technique !
But still I will order this DVD once Afzal gets it @ Indiaweekly

Edited By sknath on July 30 2002 at 21:30