It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:41 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2001 4:24 pm 

The old Thread is listed here :-
http://www.zulm.net/forum/showthread.php?threadid=510

Well New place, new stuff...Time to regroup and inform users as to what DVD brand names to avoid.... So here we go again

01.) Baba DVD (e.g Aradhana, Kati Patang, etc.)
02.) Samrat
03.) Neptune
04.) 21st Century Productions
05.) Indus
06.) T-Series (e.g Aashiqui, Bol Radha Bol)
07.) Bombino
08.) WEG ( most of them ! with a few negligible exceptions)
09.) GVI (e.g Angoor)
10.) IVRUG
11.) SKY
12.) MDE (aka Media Digital Entertainment)
13.) DML
14.) Parag / PEI
15.) Apollo (most of them with some exceptions ! e.g Andha Kanoon etc.)
16.) Leo (e.g Aandhi)
17.) Esquire (e.g Hero)

As our friend Kavita had stated, avoid any DVDs made by these companies like plague. These are the ones ruining the Indian DVD market.

In my next post I will start listing all the DVD brands in other languages to avoid like plague.

meanwhile please post your stuff abt your experiences with these Pirate or sub-standard DVDs.... including any DVDs from pirate companies not listed here.

*yawn*
Nice stuff Ali / Desiguy :) :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2001 8:05 pm 

Currently a audio/video sharing sites like Winmx,Kaza*,Limeshare,Bearshare easily make latest Hollywood movies within day's of their release and it's its only a question of time before latest Bollywood release become available on these sites. Let's be honest we all have downloaded audio/video files from one of these sites and if full length bollywood releases become available on these sites some of us might download hindi movies and with availability of DVD RW for pc's and DVD recorders for home system burning DVD's is going to be as easy as ABC. Hollywoood has been fighting this battle with these sites for a while and guess who's winning, it's because of the users who share.

The point I'm trying to make is that it's not enough to isolate all the companies that engage in video piracy but also do our part of not downloading pirated audio/video files over internet
well gays' and gals raise your hands to say you will do your part. (well I don't see many hands,not even mine). Some you you will say well it's not the same thing- piracy,unauthorized
downloading what's the difference......just interested in what others have to say.

lakeshore
*Kazaa the only site where they have hindi music video. I'm sure some of you will try to see what they have and maybe download some music video and say you are against piracy of movies but not the stuff you have downloaded?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2001 8:59 pm 

lakeshore,
I didnt start this thread to encourage Piracy. I am aware of Kazaa. i have since removed it from my computer. Now the whole point I am making here is that, I am more interested in getting my point to the public in order to educate them about quality products.
The above mentioned DVDs are definately Pirates and I have no love lost for them. May those companies rot in hell and may they become extinct soon !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2001 10:32 pm 

I agree with the list that has been provided by Sknath. I don't understand why T-series has two standards. When they make VCDs they do an excellent job, but when they make DVDs they do a horriable job.. can't seem to understand why? Same goes for Bombino!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2001 12:37 am 

sk i'm with you guys,i will do my part to post/share info about bad dvd brands and releases. for me piracy weather it's done by lables such as baba,gvi among others or done at home by unauthorized downloading of audio/video files is only seperated by a degree of seperation and they two sides of same coin. many indian dvd's released by reputable brands are not macrovison encoded and availability of dvd burners makes it easier for these scums to flood market with pirated stuff. A while ago i came accross an article in variety (hollywood's' publication) it listed china,taiwan and india among the markets for piracy and bootlegging of hollywood movies. This forum is great for educating consumers and users what they can do to battle this problem. After using this site for a very short time i can say the users like you and others definately demand higher quality.

lakeshore

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2001 1:07 am 

LETS NOT FORGET EROS ENTERTAINMENT OR EROS MULTIMEDIA OR MELODY INTERNATIONAL OR KISHORE LULLAS UNDERWORLD LINKED TAX EVADING GROUP...

INTENTIONALLY FEEDING PIRATES AND ORIGINALS OF PIRATE QUALITY TO THE PUBLIC AT LARGE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2001 3:08 pm 

I agree that downloding music and movies from Kazaa is piracy. But in my opinion, by these shi!!y companies releasing crappy dvds, they are actually spreading piracy.

Let me explain. When I download music or film clip (I have never downloaded a movie), I listen to it and if I like it, I go out and buy the original thing. The reason being that the actual CD has better quality. Now if these chootias keep releasing inferior quality DVDs, then the stuff that I download is going to be the same quality as the DVD. Now why would I go and get a DVD when I don't gain anything by it.

Just my 2 cents.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2001 5:50 pm 

GUYS TWO WRONGS DON'T MAKE A RIGHT. I AGREE WITH LAKESHORE THOSE WHO DOWNLOAD AUDIO/VIDEO FILES OVER THE NET ARE AS GUILTY AS THOSE SELLING PIRATED DVDS. DONT CAST THE FIRST STONE IF YOU ARE NOT GULITY
I WANT TO ASK THE DESIGUY WHAT STEPS HE HAS TAKEN TO ADDRESS THE PROBLEM OF PIRACY OF AMERICAN MOVIES IN INDIA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2001 10:05 pm 

Had sent e-mails to IWeekly and DEI about Teesri Manzil being incomplete on Eros DVD and to either infrom consumers about this, stop selling this item or demand a full version from Eros but so far no reponse from either and they continue to sell this crap to unsuspecting consumers. my suggestion is to other users is to contact these sites which knowingly sell bad DVD's or bootleg versions from Baba,parag among others.

lakeshore :angry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2001 2:39 pm 

I would most certainly add "VIDEO SOUND" to the top of this list. Not only is their quality absolutely crap but what makes it worse for the consumer is that they happen to own rights to a substantial number of new releases, almost 50%

Also 'EROS' and specially 'B4U' should also be mentioned, although some of their latest releases are mastered a little better than before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2001 2:45 pm 

Regarding piracy. In my opinion bad quality original products such as those from 'Video Sound' & 'Eros' are the number one cause of piracy. Their inferior products promote piracy more than anything else. The worse feeling a consumer can have is to feel cheated when they buy an original which is worse than the pirated versions available. Ultimately the consumer feels like a fool and stops caring about original stuff.

Edited By Sanjay on Dec. 10 2001 at 14:47

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2001 11:07 pm 

couldnt agree more sanj.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2001 12:32 am 

Blame also has to go to online retailers who keep on pushing pirated DVD's on their websites. As we all know even reputable
online retailers have listed pirated DVD's for sale. Not many desi's (no offense to users of ZULM) know the difference between the real and the fake version.

lakeshore

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2001 12:20 pm 

the online distributors are getting pirates from the same hands they get the originals form now take a guess whos behind piracy....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2001 3:11 pm 

A lot of Indian movie retailers are there to make money. They don't care for the most part if what they sell is pirate or not.

These are the same people who have stores in Chicago, NY etc and when I have visited these stores, they have promised me that what they are selling is original even though I know better and if I ask them if they are sure, they get offended.

Ofcourse the problem of people not knowing the difference plays a major part. I have friends who have bought DVDs that I believe are either pirates or definitely inferior quality DVDs but they don't care since they think this is the best they can get.

IMHO, until there is enough pressure from consumers who demand good quality DVDs from the publishers, they are going to keep putting out sh!t.