It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:05 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:20 am 

Recently have seen some exceptionally good prints on TV, of the movies that never had good VHS or DVDs. Pyar Mohabbat, Bombay to Goa, Aamne Saamne (Shashi Kapoor).
It's good to know that at least some TV broadcasts don't just bradcast existing DVD/ VHS material. These look like broadcast quality transfers. Not sure if these are truly HD (were broadcast on HD TV) or if they were real HD (and digital) transfers were they 25P or 24P or 1080i content ?? But, they sure were lot better than the existing DVD/ VHS materials.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:32 am 

I would say some of the prints i have seen on youtube for movies like Red Rose, Hukumat, Dacait etc are so much better compared to the existing dvd prints i have seen.

I do remember Dil 1990 was on sky tv a few years ago and it was a youtube ultra print as the opening sequence had the logo. The print shown was really sharp and clear colouring

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:37 pm 

I remember watching Jaanwar(Rajesh Khanna) on Zee Cinema in 2002 it's been 15 years still couldn't find a decent print on DVD or VCD got the crappy Bombino VCD didn't bother watching it even though I really want to watch it, it'll be an insult watching Rajesh Khanna movie with an awful print

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:41 pm 

JAANWAR : Rajesh Khanna, Zeenat Aman

A good remind Sageer. I had forgotten about it as other two Jaanwar DVDs of Shammi Kapoor Rajshri and the other one of Karishma Kapoor -Akshay I have on DEI/ BEI DVDs.

This Rajesh Khanna - Zeenat Aman one too I remember now. It's a Jungle Girl Tarzan Zeenat Aman film (similar to Gungala films). I even found it's Esquire VHS original in my VHS Tapes. It was difficult to play (tracking & speed) the VHS, in the beginning, but eventually, it started playing. Esquire VHSs were good prints in their days but no comparison to present day DVDs. VHS was just about the same what's on Youtube.
It's noteworthy that the film posters describe it as CINEMASCOPE while the VHS print, as well as, the youtube prints are 4:3.

(Looks like, Pradeep Kumar was a Villain in this film ??)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:03 am 

Zee Classic regularly comes out with good quality 'prints' and these should somehow make it to DVDs.
rana wrote:
Recently have seen some exceptionally good prints on TV, of the movies that never had good VHS or DVDs. Pyar Mohabbat, Bombay to Goa, Aamne Saamne (Shashi Kapoor).
It's good to know that at least some TV broadcasts don't just bradcast existing DVD/ VHS material. These look like broadcast quality transfers. Not sure if these are truly HD (were broadcast on HD TV) or if they were real HD (and digital) transfers were they 25P or 24P or 1080i content ?? But, they sure were lot better than the existing DVD/ VHS materials.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:44 pm 

rana wrote:
JAANWAR : Rajesh Khanna, Zeenat Aman

A good remind Sageer. I had forgotten about it as other two Jaanwar DVDs of Shammi Kapoor Rajshri and the other one of Karishma Kapoor -Akshay I have on DEI/ BEI DVDs.

This Rajesh Khanna - Zeenat Aman one too I remember now. It's a Jungle Girl Tarzan Zeenat Aman film (similar to Gungala films). I even found it's Esquire VHS original in my VHS Tapes. It was difficult to play (tracking & speed) the VHS, in the beginning, but eventually, it started playing. Esquire VHSs were good prints in their days but no comparison to present day DVDs. VHS was just about the same what's on Youtube.
It's noteworthy that the film posters describe it as CINEMASCOPE while the VHS print, as well as, the youtube prints are 4:3.

(Looks like, Pradeep Kumar was a Villain in this film ??)

Don't remember much I only remember Rajesh Khanna, Nirupa Roy his mother, Zeenat Aman can't talk, Pran good & Prem Chopra bad, ever thought about transfering the VHS onto DVD???

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:10 am 

Another good print I saw on ZeeHD was Keemat (Dharaminder, Rekha) and the available DVDs are terrible. I have Madhu DVD and it seems like a DVD made from VHS that itself was copied using RF (Ch 3/ 4) connection. Presently available Youtube print is no better.

(Not sure if I saw just a song from this film or the whole film; was on Zee HD last few days ??)
(Worth having on DVD/ BR if find good print)

-------------------------------
Sageer:
About Rajesh Khanna - Zeenat Aman's Janwar : I will check if my VHS print is worth transferring to DVD. As I said earlier, youtube print is similar. Will check the content. If same run time, then it's not worth transferring to DVD.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:30 pm 

It was me who uploaded jaanwar by rajesh khanna on youtube as someone made a request a few years ago to upload it. I downloaded it years ago from bwtorrents which had a lot of good movies but thats all gone now the site.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:32 am 

mrhsinghk1 wrote:
It was me who uploaded jaanwar by rajesh khanna on youtube .

mrhsinghk1: Looks like you know how to upload on youtube from DVD. Then, could you please upload TEEN DEVIAN climax that I have converted to DVD and is not available anywhere else. I think, I did send you that clip in the past. If not, I could send it to you.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:27 pm 

Yes i will post upload it on youtube in the next few days as i haven't done any converting for a while noe but i will do and i will find the dvd of it yes i do remember you did send it to me a few years ago.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:11 am 

Another good print on Zee HD:

SURAJ (Rajinder Kumar, Vyjanti Mala)

I thought the KMI DVD I had was a very good print. Started comparing KMI DVD vs PVR recording from Zee HD. Zee HD was far superior.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:19 pm 

Another excellent print that I saw on Zee HD. Dilip Kumar's YAHUDI. I had just bought a DVD of this film. The DVD was like a bad VHS print. The program was Haseen Yaadein and the whole program (aprox 35 min plus 20 min commercials) was on Yahudi songs.

Can't make up my mind, whether to cry (that I wasted so much money on crap prints) or be happy that finally good prints have started coming out.

Looks like, most of the DVDs are from Beta/ VHS masters or VHS copies. TV Broadcasts can be either from the good DVDs, Bad DVDs or in many cases, from film prints obtained legally. Any broadcast material direct from film to TV broadcast normally should be broadcast quality. And, if it is for a HD broadcast, even better.

Bravo, HD broadcasts. Bravo Shiraz Sharif of Zee HD Haseen Yaadein. (And other HD broadcasts like Sony HD etc that I have not seen yet).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:07 pm 

How about Professor and Ujala on Netflix

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:47 pm 

I have been watching Zee HD for a few months. Haseen Yaadein and their film broadcasts are the ones that I follow.
Many a segments are excellent quality as compared to any DVD that I have seen, of which many are the ones that I always wished to have a good print but never found any. But, then there are also many segments that I have better versions than what Zee broadcasts. Overall, Zee prints are good.

For those segments that I found better than my DVDs, I assume that perhaps a new transfer has been done directly from film. Or, a better DVD existed or has come out lately that we at zulm were not aware of.
My idea of starting this thread was to name those good prints and be on the lookout for the better prints. In the meanwhile, it's mostly getting recorded on my PVR (with commercials over 35% of time). Haseen Yaadein gives 7 songs in one hour and its 100th program was telecast this week. Someday, I'll go over my recorded segments and list the better segments that I notice.

Sooner or later, PVR will get full and I'm not sure how to copy and edit the PVR material. May be, I'll buy a new PVR.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:33 pm 

rana wrote:
Another excellent print that I saw on Zee HD. Dilip Kumar's YAHUDI. I had just bought a DVD of this film (KMI). The DVD was like a bad VHS print.

Perhaps this mystery solved. Just noticed YAHUDI listed as newly released Shemaroo DVD (on Shemaroo website). I guess Shemaroo's newly released DVD must be the source for Yahudi songs broadcast on Zee HD. Or, Both Shemaroo DVD and Zee broadcast from a new transfer ??