It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:33 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:57 pm 

Picked up 1960's film DVD released by Bollywood Films. Print is what could be expected from Bollywood Films, PAL to NTSC converted, field averaged. Given that, not bad.

Good for nostalgic viewing, a film that has all excellent songs.
Quote:
http://www.dishant.com/album/door-ki-aw ... 64%29.html

1) Dil Mera Aaj Kho Gaya Hai Singer(s): Mohd Rafi

2) Ek Musafir Ko Singer(s): Mohd Rafi

3) Haathon Mein Haath Singer(s): Asha Bhosle, Mohd Rafi

4) Hum Bhi Agar Bachchay Hote Naam Hamara Hota (Happy Birthday To You Happy Birthday To You) Lyrics Singer(s): Asha Bhosle, Manna Dey, Mohd Rafi

5) Husn Se Chand Bhi Sharmaya Hai Singer(s): Mohd Rafi

6)Kya Yunhi Rooth Ke Singer(s): Mohd Rafi[/b]

7) Muqaddar Azmana Chahta Hoon Singer(s): Mohd Rafi

8 ) Toot Gayi Mere Man Ki Muraliya Singer(s): Asha Bhosle

Film CC shows 4331 meters, that should be aprox 158 min (151 min @ 4% speed up). DVD is 135 min and the noticeable cut is the whole song:

Ik Musafir Ko Duniya Mein Kya Chaahiye, Sirf Dil Mein Thodi Si Jagah Chaahiye

You can catch this song video @
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ZW2vcdF7Y

3 Songs (including Ik Musafir Ko Duniya Mein) missing in DVD are indicated in bold in the above quote.

---Another song that's not mentioned in the above quote but actually is in the DVD is:

9) Mohe Tirchhi Nazariya Na Maro (Saira Bano's Mujra song)

--- Film ends with one line from the 'missing in DVD song' - - -"Ik Musafir Ko Duniya Mein ---"

--------------------------------------
Does anyone know of another DVD version of this film ??

(Ultra DVD has the "Ek Musafir Ko Duniya Mein Kya Chaahiye" song. rest of the content is same as Eagle DVD & Bollywood Films DVD)

Last edited by rana on Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:32 pm 

There is an Eagle Home Entertainment DVD of this movie available in India. Knowing Eagle's transfers of Pre 80's movies, I doubt if it will be any better than the Bollywood Films DVD. I will try to rent it and post screenshots soon.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:38 pm 

Picked up Eagle Door Ki Awaz DVD. It's exact same as Bollywood Films DVD.

I think I saw Ek Musafir Ko Duniya Mein Kya Chaahiye on Youtube recently.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:19 am 

This is where getting hold of a VHS version would help to create a full DVD.

Teen Devian and Teesri Manzil have the same issue on DVD. Big chunks missing. Would love to find a good quality VHS of them!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:54 pm 

I have Ist copy (pretty good but not original) of Teen Devian from, I think, Esquire, VHS. It does have the climax 10 min that's missing in DVDs. I asked the VHS rental store many a times (last 2-3 Yrs) to sell me the orig but he never had time to sort his VHS stuff and now he says that he has thrown all his VHSs. I think, he still has those VHSs, just a matter of sorting it out. In the meanwhile, my VHS is not that bad as it's Ist copy.

My Teesri Manzil VHS is not that good a copy but has a lot more footage than the present day DVDs.

-----------------------
IN the next few weeks I'll start looking into VHSs.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edited Feb 13, 2018:
Found in Youtube:
Missing in DVD portion of Teesri Manzil, all of 22 min,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgntrX8Z_9A

This youtube video is better than my VHS, so not converting my VHS to DVD now.

Last edited by rana on Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:21 pm 

Thanks Rana - I know that digging through old tapes is really time consuming - but it would be great to be able to restore some of the movies that have been butchered!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:39 pm 

rana wrote:
Picked up 1960's film DVD released by Bollywood Films. Print is what could be expected from Bollywood Films, PAL to NTSC converted, field averaged. Given that, not bad.

Good for nostalgic viewing, a film that has all excellent songs.
Quote:
http://www.dishant.com/album/door-ki-aw ... 64%29.html

1) Dil Mera Aaj Kho Gaya Hai Singer(s): Mohd Rafi

2) Ek Musafir Ko Singer(s): Mohd Rafi

3) Haathon Mein Haath Singer(s): Asha Bhosle, Mohd Rafi

4) Hum Bhi Agar Bachchay Hote Naam Hamara Hota (Happy Birthday To You Happy Birthday To You) Lyrics Singer(s): Asha Bhosle, Manna Dey, Mohd Rafi

5) Husn Se Chand Bhi Sharmaya Hai Singer(s): Mohd Rafi

6)Kya Yunhi Rooth Ke Singer(s): Mohd Rafi[/b]

7) Muqaddar Azmana Chahta Hoon Singer(s): Mohd Rafi

8 ) Toot Gayi Mere Man Ki Muraliya Singer(s): Asha Bhosle

Film CC shows 4331 meters, that should be aprox 158 min (151 min @ 4% speed up). DVD is 135 min and the noticeable cut is the whole song:

Ik Musafir Ko Duniya Mein Kya Chaahiye, Sirf Dil Mein Thodi Si Jagah Chaahiye

You can catch this song video @
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ZW2vcdF7Y

3 Songs (including Ik Musafir Ko Duniya Mein) missing in DVD are indicated in bold in the above quote.

---Another song that's not mentioned in the above quote but actually is in the DVD is:

9) Mohe Tirchhi Nazariya Na Maro (Saira Bano's Mujra song)

--- Film ends with one line from the 'missing in DVD song' - - -"Ik Musafir Ko Duniya Mein ---"

--------------------------------------
Does anyone know of another DVD version of this film ??

(Ultra DVD has the "Ek Musafir Ko Duniya Mein Kya Chaahiye" song. rest of the content is same as Eagle DVD & Bollywood Films DVD)

I remember the song "Kya Yunhi Rooth Ke Jaane Ko Mohabbat Ki Thi". It definitely was in the film when first released. A made up version is in the following link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA2pcwIfxLY

"Toot Gayee Mere Man Ki Muraliya" song I don't remember but it's audio is available on youtube. Perhaps it was never in the film ??
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OtOI9_brVo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:42 pm 

rana wrote:
I have Ist copy (pretty good but not original) of Teen Devian from, I think, Esquire, VHS. It does have the climax 10 min that's missing in DVDs. I asked the VHS rental store many a times (last 2-3 Yrs) to sell me the orig but he never had time to sort his VHS stuff and now he says that he has thrown all his VHSs. I think, he still has those VHSs, just a matter of sorting it out. In the meanwhile, my VHS is not that bad as it's Ist copy.

My Teesri Manzil VHS is not that good a copy but has a lot more footage than the present day DVDs.

-----------------------
IN the next few weeks I'll start looking into VHSs.

There is a copy of Teen Devian on VHS as part of a joblot of older films (including Door Ki Awaz) for sale here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Indian-Bolly ... SwvTpaEa1h

However, this is the Indian Time Video release - not sure how complete this is?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:24 pm 

One of the popular songs of the film, "Ek Musafir Ko Duniya Mein Kya Chaahiye" is missing in Eagle DVD and also in Bollywood Films DVD as mentioned earlier.

Also mentioned earlier, in some other thread that this song is in the youtube version of the film, showing ULTRA print. But, you can't find Ultra DVD. Perhaps, Ultra does not have rights for DVD or it's out of stock ??

Not only this film but there are other films too, that are on ULTRA youtube but not on DVDs. Perhaps same for other youtube hosts as well ?? Some youtube films have much better prints than whats available on DVDs.

Any inside into what and why ??