It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:12 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 11:25 pm 

Sapno Ka Saudagar is Hema Malini's first film.

It's DVD by Bombino is a ripoff from VHS, very bad print. Originating from 1978 film CC version.

KMI is decent by comparison (actually, a lot better) and is from the same 1978 film CC version.

Esquire VHS is also from the same 1978 print.

1978 film CC shows it to be 4204 meters (153 min) and 16 reels (16 reels @ 10 min each indicates 150-160 min).

Esquire VHS, Bombino and KMI versions are all 143 min. Looking at KMI (cleaner print), it seems to be in real time (could not establish for sure if 4% speed shifted or not). So, DVDs are missing 5-10 min from 1978 version.

Orig release was 1968. I wonder how long was that version ??
http://www.bollywoodlegends.co.in/item/ ... saudagar-2 indicates a run time of168 min.

I don't think it's 1968 print might have survived anywhere ?? That, for Hema Malini's first film.

------------------------------------
Present 143 min version film's conclusion leaves some of the dreams/ hopes unfulfilled. Only 3 are shown fulfilled in the film ending . I think in the orig version, other dreams too were shown to have fulfilled in the climax ?? There are some abrupt scene changes too ??

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 6:44 am 

There is another 143 minute version on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDHKxvzdtNU

There are also clips of an old Zee Cinema version on YouTube - would be interesting to see how complete that is - but the whole thing doesn't seem to be available.