It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:41 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: BOMBAY VELVET (2015)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:32 pm 

Movie: BOMBAY VELVET
Cinema Release: 15 May 2015
Cast: Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma, Karan Johar, Kay Kay Menon, Manish Choudhary, Siddhartha Basu, Remo Fernandes, Satyadeep Misra, Vivaan Shah, Mukesh Chhabra, Kriz Chris Henri Harriz, Jagdish Rajpurohit, Shaanti, Sandesh Jadhav, Raveena Tandon
Director: Anurag Kashyap
Producers: Anurag Kashyap, Vikramaditya Motwane, Vikas Bahl, Vivek B Agrawal, Madhu Mantena, Tanvi Gandhi, Ainsley De Silva, Fox Star Studios
Genre: Crime/Drama/Thriller

Synopsis: Set in Bombay of the 1960s, the film tells the story of a boxer, Johnny Balraj, and an aspiring jazz singer, Rosie, and how their hopes and dreams collide with their individual realities....

Trailer: BOMBAY VELVET

Post subject: Re: BOMBAY VELVET (2015)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:37 am 

Is he gay

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:52 pm 

Hehehe, haven't you heard about his engagement with Katrina? Both are dating.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:42 am 

No I did not. So Sallu is over as Bleu? But I meant was in this movie? Any how in this show biz Karin par nigahaen Karin pe Nicaragua!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:24 pm 

Zoran009 wrote:
No I did not. So Sallu is over as Bleu? But I meant was in this movie? Any how in this show biz Karin par nigahaen Karin pe Nicaragua!

Good To see you back.

Your PM says "Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk".
I guess Autofill feature is totally cross to your intended words.

"Kahin" becomes "Karin"

"Nishana" becomes "Nicaragua" LOL.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:13 am 

Oops! Damn Apple auto correct!
Life is getting a bit settled so I am looking forward seeing you all more here.
Let's stay in touch;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:11 pm 

'Bombay Velvet' brings 'Jaata Kahaan Hain' from 'CID' back
10 April 2015

Anurag Kashyap has brought Geeta Dutt's iconic song 'Jaata Kahaan Hain Diwane' from Dev Anand's 1956 movie "CID" back in his upcoming film "Bombay Velvet" where Anushka Sharma's character will be lip-syncing to it.

The makers got the rights of the original song that was picturised on the legendary Waheeda Rehman. Titled 'Fifi', the song has been re-versioned and has been picturised on Sharma who plays a 60s superstar singer named Rosie Noronha.

It is by singing 'Jaata Kahaan Hain' that Rosie gets noticed as a singer in a club and becomes the marquee performer at Johnny Balraj's (played Ranbir Kapoor) "Bombay Velvet".

"I have always loved the song and we used the film CID for the opium bar reference as well. Unfortunately, the original song was never seen in the film as censors had cut it out of the film.

"We decided to use the song for our film, one for the time period, second it fits in perfectly with the opium den atmosphere and the bars visited by Naval officers at the time and RK's character comes there after the fight to drown his pain in the haze of opium," Kashyap said.

Produced by Phantom Films and presented by Fox Star Studios, "Bombay Velvet" releases on May 15.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 12:41 pm 

‘Bombay Velvet’ granted U/A certificate
12 May 2015

The Revising Committee of the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) has granted a U/A certificate to Ranbir Kapoor and Anushka Sharma starrer “Bombay Velvet”.

Accordingly, the film can be seen by viewers of all ages but it comes with parental guidance for children below 12 years of age.

The film was certified ‘A’ by the CBFC, following which Kashyap approached the Revising Committee as he did not consider the period drama was an “adult film”.

He had immense faith that the committee would give the film correct certification.

The film is a romantic thriller, set against the backdrop of the 1960s Bombay. The film has Ranbir playing the role of the angry, young lover Johnny Balraj and Anushka playing the role of the singer Rosie Noronha. It also stars Karan Johar as the villain.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 9:00 am 

Bombat Velvet Is First Big Budget Urban Niche Film
14 May 2015

The biggest film of the year so far will release this week with a landing cost of well over 100 crore but that is just on paper whereas on screen it looks a niche urban drama which has a limited market of 6-7 cities. It is the first film of this sort which has a cost which is this high.

It is tenth Hindi film to have cost of over 100 crore following likes of Dhoom 3, Bang Bang, Happy New Year, Kick and Chennai Express amongst others. The difference between these films and Bombay Velvet is that they looked big budget extravaganzas and irrespective of content opened big all over the country. The lowest opening for a film costing 100 crore plus is Ra.One at 14.50 crore nett in 2011 and that 14.50 crore nett came on Diwali Puja which hits business in most parts of the country.

There is talk in the industry of a big threat from Hollywood which is not really the case as yet but it will be reality if the industry continues to be infatuated with these urban films, if the content is not urban then the story telling style is which puts lid on the growth of the industry and basically this has been the problem this year so far.

If Bombay Velvet pulls it off then that would give a lot of hope to this urban cinema being made today as it gives a sign that this sort of recovery is possible. Realistically it will be hard as historically the audience outside the metros has never patronised this type of cinema.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 11:09 am 

Someone420 wrote:
'Bombay Velvet' brings 'Jaata Kahaan Hain' from 'CID' back
10 April 2015

Anurag Kashyap has brought Geeta Dutt's iconic song 'Jaata Kahaan Hain Diwane' from Dev Anand's 1956 movie "CID" back in his upcoming film "Bombay Velvet" where Anushka Sharma's character will be lip-syncing to it.

The makers got the rights of the original song that was picturised on the legendary Waheeda Rehman. Titled 'Fifi', the song has been re-versioned and has been picturised on Sharma who plays a 60s superstar singer named Rosie Noronha.

It is by singing 'Jaata Kahaan Hain' that Rosie gets noticed as a singer in a club and becomes the marquee performer at Johnny Balraj's (played Ranbir Kapoor) "Bombay Velvet".

"I have always loved the song and we used the film CID for the opium bar reference as well. Unfortunately, the original song was never seen in the film as censors had cut it out of the film.

"We decided to use the song for our film, one for the time period, second it fits in perfectly with the opium den atmosphere and the bars visited by Naval officers at the time and RK's character comes there after the fight to drown his pain in the haze of opium," Kashyap said.

Produced by Phantom Films and presented by Fox Star Studios, "Bombay Velvet" releases on May 15.

I was excited to see this ... then I heard the reworking of the song.

Ugh ... talk about stripping out all of the good parts of the song and making it a tuneless mess. No nostalgia listening to this ... just makes me run back to the original to listen to the smooth playful sound of Geeta Dutt weaving her magic to OP Nayyar's music. Very disappointing!

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 7:32 am 

I'm curious to know why exactly was the song deleted from C.I.D.?

Has Jata Kahan Hai Deewana ever been released before on video by any chance?

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 7:37 am 

Muz wrote:
Ugh ... talk about stripping out all of the good parts of the song and making it a tuneless mess. No nostalgia listening to this ... just makes me run back to the original to listen to the smooth playful sound of Geeta Dutt weaving her magic to OP Nayyar's music. Very disappointing!

Agreed! I simply fail to understand the 'nostalgic' factors in such remixes. In what way does it bring the emotion of nostalgia at all. I think the original version itself has all the magic and there's no point listening to this remix for the sake of 'nostalgia'.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 2:15 pm 

Ragz wrote:
I'm curious to know why exactly was the song deleted from C.I.D.?

Has Jata Kahan Hai Deewana ever been released before on video by any chance?

In this interview Waheeda Rehman said that the mukhda "Jaata kahaan hai deewane, sab kuchh yahaan hai sanam" lead to the song to be removed ... lots of people think it was due to the word "fifi" - but not the case!

http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/news/a ... /366389?yt

I heard that the footage for the song is held in the national film archive ... but who knows!

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 7:34 am 

Thanks for the link! It was on TV the other day but I couldn't catch it. Seriously, our censor board needs to step their game up. They've become far too fussy and have started bleeping out words like Haramzada and LESBIAN. :|

Last edited by Ragz on Thu May 21, 2015 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 2:08 pm 

Are you guys implying that "Jaata Kahan Hai Deewane" song is not in the film CID ??

I'm pretty sure I have seen this song in CID VHS/ DVD . Isn't it where Waheeda tries to hold Dev Annand back because the baddies had instructed her to do so ?? Or. is that another song ??