It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:47 pm

All times are UTC

Do you feel the need of having classics in the HD format?
Yes 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
No 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:47 pm 

I am extremely surprised and disheartened to see the state of Indian Blu Rays. Just a pinch-ful of our classical gems (namely Kabhi Kabhie, Silsila, Anand, Chupke Chupke, Gol Maal & Bawarchi) have been remastered for Blu Ray

Even classics like Mughal-E-Azam, Naya Daur, Garam Hawa, Chashme Buddoor, Hum Dono, NFDC titles and Sholay have been digitally restored and re-mastered. Then why ?can't we have them on Blu Ray.

Okay, if they don't want to go through the tedious process of restoration, can't they bring out what is already done for them?

Having no Devdas Blu Ray is the best example of the stupidity of our Blu Ray industry. (only considering its visual and audible beauty)

We need to create petitions for Blu Ray releases of our classics.

That is enough! But I'm not really sure what to do to get our wishes and demands into force. Any suggestions would be appreciated

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:01 am 

Although I understand your point, unfortunately (and I may be being negative) I don't think there is a huge amount we can do. Since the olden days when DVDs were reasonably new, Zulm members have tried to increase the quality of DVDs, boycotting bad quality DVDs. If companies were to listen to consumers, do you think any companies would still have watermarks on their DVDs? Whenever I have contacted a DVD manufacturer, I've never had a response (most recently, I messaged Shemaroo asking why some of their sealed DVDs don't work)

I don't mean we should stop trying, just don't think we should keep high hopes!