It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:50 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:11 am 

OK, I typed up a nice long story using Microsoft Word a couple of weeks ago. I entitled it "Game." To-day, I opened Microsoft Word, and wrote up a short (half-page) letter, which I decided I'd save "just in case." The thing is, when I was entering a title for this document, it slipped my mind that I had written that story a couple of weeks ago, and that I had entitled it "Game"; for some dumb reason, I decided to save this half-page letter under the title "Game," as well. Accidentally, I hit the "enter" key twice, so didn't get to read the little prompt that says something to the effect, "a file by this name already exists. Do you want to replace the existing file?" Shortly thereafter, I realized what I had done. I rushed to my computer to pull up "Game," and... it was the letter. The nice long story: gone! :cry:

Does anyone out there know of a way to reverse this mindless little fuck-up (with big, crushing consequences)? Please!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:48 pm 

Try resetting your computor to a day before you typed the second story!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:08 pm 

How?

(If you're joking, then kiss my ass... If you're serious ["System Restore"], then that won't do anything.)

Is there anyway to "turn back the clock" on a computer in regard to personal files? ANYONE? (You don't have to reply if your answer is "no.")

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:11 am 

Quote:
If you're joking, then kiss my ass...

Hey..Hey.... You promised...." (I guess I can try to make a greater effort to "keep it clean,")"..... :lol: ...... Anyways if you have Windows XP and If you had set up a " System check point" in between the letters you can actually retrieve the lost file by going back in time, however you will lose everything you had created there after. No, you're right!.. "turn back the clock" by itself accomplishes nothing. :lol: