It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:15 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:36 pm 

I am posting this wherever I can ;)

Motorola released a really cheap and really basic "no frills" cell phone (GSM mobile phone) in India -- costs Rs. 1600 which is abt 18 GBP only ;)

I bought myself one -- the battery backup is amazing, it's ultra slim, and has new technology display.

It's called Motofone F3.

Quote:
Motorola has now released an even cheaper option to start off with; the MotoFone F3.

The MotoFone F3 is not just a cheaper phone but a phone with an economic technology for the first time. This technology evolves around the display of the phone. This display is mainly used to overcome the problem of battery draining LCD screens.

This technology was primarily meant to be used in the electronic news-papers. It is yet to be implemented on a large scale. The introduction of the F3 using this display seems more like a testing phase than a proper implementation.

http://www.techtree.com/India/Reviews/M ... 8-614.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:42 am 
Site Admin

Can you get this in the UK anywhere? My C500 is on its final legs; half the keys don't work properly. Looking for no frills phone, gone off all these fancy nancy phones.

Ali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:58 am 

ali wrote:
Can you get this in the UK anywhere? My C500 is on its final legs; half the keys don't work properly. Looking for no frills phone, gone off all these fancy nancy phones.

Ali
Yes - this has been released in the UK too -- with added features :) but almost same cheap price