It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:08 am

All times are UTC

Which of the following options best describes your religious views?
Agnostic (regardless of whether you feel it is a "religion" or not) 12%  12%  [ 2 ]
Atheist (regardless of whether you feel it is a "religion" or not) 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
Agnostic/Atheist (select this if you feel you are both, or choose not to make a real distinction between the two) 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
Buddhist 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Christian (any denomination) 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
Hindu 35%  35%  [ 6 ]
Jewish 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Muslim 29%  29%  [ 5 ]
Sikh 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 17
 Post subject: Religion...DON'T Go Nuts
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:52 am 

I'm not really sure what's persuading me to do this, but I've decided to create a poll regarding people's religious beliefs. Though I'm neither a moderator nor an administrator, I am the person creating this post, and I want to lay down a law to be followed in this thread (that is, if it actually garners some responses): There is to be no anyone. Everyone should feel free to say what he or she wishes to, without fear of being viewed contemptibly by the members of this community. I'm not trying to be a preachy son of a bitch, but I don't want this to become a flame thread; those are eventually (and rather quickly) abandoned by anyone who might actually have productive things to say — and that is not the goal of this discussion. Keep in mind your friend: the anonymity offerred to you by the Internet. Say whatever the hell you wish to say; no one's going to give you dirty looks (and if they do, lucky you: you can't see them).

I've tried to vary the options as best I could, and have, after deliberation, decided to omit an "other" option. Most people are egocentric, and thus most believe that their belief system is far too complex to be categorized or labeled in a simple manner. Most, then, might instantly go for the "other option," as a means of asserting their intricacies. If none of the choices, truly, reflect what you think, then just post whatever you wish to say. Enjoy.

(*The options have been listed alphabetically, so to avoid any possible misconceptions about "preference.")

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:31 am 

I'm glad that people are voting, but, doesn't anyone have anything to say? A little conversation...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:01 pm 
Site Admin

Voted Muslim here, the religion and era of getting hard core bummed by everyone :|

Ali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:18 am 

DVDRetailer, an agnostic is one who hold the belief that the existence of god/s can be neither proved nor disproved. Ali, I think you're right. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:01 am 

I was born a Hindu. But I'm ultimately an agnostic.

Commando, what is your personal take on this thread?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:01 am 

DVD Collector, my "personal take" is disappointment at the lack of enthusiasm it appears to have generation — :lol: . Really, I voted "Atheist/Agnostic." I...guess that's all I have to say.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:09 am 

I was born a Hindu and my family is Hindu, but I'm not sure where to classify myself. ALthough I am not sure I would truelly classify as agnostic, that is what I voted myself as. Basically, I believe in 'a' god, but not in any particular religion and I feel that all religions ultimately pray to the same god. I definately don't believe in any of the rituals of all the religions. In closing I think that mankind would really have been much better of without any formal or institutional religions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnostic
Code:
Variations of Agnostic:
Strong agnosticism
Weak agnosticism
Apathetic agnosticism
Ignosticism
Model agnosticism
Agnostic theism
Agnostic spiritualism
Agnostic atheism

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnostic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:12 am 

Sanjay, I disagree about your statement that "mankind might be better off without religion." Religion is a product of man's nature; like everything else, then, it is a naturally-ocurring phenomenon. Your belief in "a god" probably goes against your being an agnostic. An agnostic is someone who believes that the existence of god/s can be neither proved nor disproved; if you believe that god indeed exists, then I think agnosticism is a bit of a strange choice. Maybe "other" would be your best option.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:59 am 

Sanjay, maybe you are a deist?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deism

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:11 pm 

Atheist.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:28 am 

DragunR2 wrote:
Sanjay, maybe you are a deist?

Thanks for pointing this out, I too think that I would most probably fall in this category.

Code:
Deism
Historical and modern deism is defined by the view that reason, rather than revelation or tradition, should be the basis of belief in God. Deists reject both organized and revealed religion and maintain that reason is the essential element in all knowledge. For a "rational basis for religion" they refer to the cosmological argument (first cause argument), the teleological argument (argument from design), and other aspects of what was called natural religion. Deism has become identified with the classical belief that God created but does not intervene in the world, though this is not a necessary component of deism

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:55 am 

Interesting topic...., but I honestly don’t know how to vote. My thoughts seem so varied that I just cant pin it down on any one "belief" - I mean I get up and see my loving family ..., I see food on my table..., I have work I want to goto - this is bliss on earth and I want to thank "someone" perhaps god ? . now I walk out and see a child run over by a car (yeah it actually happened!) and I think god just doesn’t exist thereby putting me in the realm of an atheist ..., now sitting in the office and looking back on the days events I think either god exist or doesn’t and the “truth” is its pointless trying to rationalize ‘his’ existence ( or lack of) - there you go now I am an agnostic! – next day the cycle continues …., so who am I? perhaps the easy answer is

"I was born a Hindu and will probably die as a Hindu and in-between I will be everything and nothing”

now you tell me what do i vote for ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:36 am 

Dvdisoil, I think you'll have a better understanding of yourself in time; really, thinking about it is all it takes, and you never find out "who you are" or "what you think" in an "over-night" kind of way. I think vacillation is a big part of anyone's belief-system, but that most do eventually settle on an identity in which they feel confident. Just because you "vote 'atheist'" to-day, does not mean that you'll be inclined to do the same a year from now; similarly, two years from now, you might go back again. That said, again, I think, after a point, people do become a bit more "fixed" in their assertions of themselves.

Sweetfriend, I've spent much time thinking about the role that "religion" plays in "morality," and come to the conclusion that it plays very little role. Depending on the type of "moralist" you are (pre-–post-conventional), you'll probably build, to an extent, your own "moral code." Subscribing to the belief that "man made religion," it makes little sense to then claim that "without religion, morality cannot exist." Further, religion may drive some people to see the existence of "absolute rights and wrongs," but, often, religion only strengthens prior predispositions. That said, very little can be neatly categorized and lined up when it comes to this sortof thing, as — dealing with a matured, adult case — so many things play into the whole, that the "parts" can no longer be distinctly studied.

Post subject: endangered species
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 2:20 am 
Are you talking about endangered species or something else?! Umm. There is a good page for endangered species perhaps!
Also,you can find some other content on it,such as windstar cruises or corporate videos or permission marketing.
You can search on the homepage try some other keywords,no ads even.these page updated every day.Because of the huge database,it perhaps not very fast,if you don't like it,take it easy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 2:24 am 

Hmmm..I'm looking at this guy doing this shit but helpless UL you got anotherone!