It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:34 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:40 pm 

Anyone have direct numbers to these nimrods? I called their San Fransisco base, and I all get it is never ending loops of automated messages. I need to know when they will be in LA so that I can get a visa. I don't trust them to be competent enough to service me via mail.

Quote:
The embassy is not responsible for documents/applications lost in mail and there is no emergency service in cases where documents are sent in mail.

:bangbang: :bangbang:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:28 am 

Try email. I had good luck with email with the NY office.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:46 pm 

Quote:
The embassy is not responsible for documents/applications lost in mail and there is no emergency service in cases where documents are sent in mail.

Any consulate will have the exact same warning message - i have mailed my papers for germany, london and canada with out a problem - Yuvan , you got to learn to "trust" the system ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:56 pm 

ugh...I hardly have any confidence in the american system. sorry if this sounds racist, but I have even less confidence in the indian system.

for instance, I called an Indian travel agent that my family and I have booked our flights with numerous times in the past. He doesn't take my call, and makes me speak to one of his employees, which is fine. I give her my travel dates (they are somewhat flexible), and I told her that I'd have to confirm travel dates(once they find flights) with my employer, then only I can purchase the tickets, and even then if the price is right. and the stupid lady asks me "are you ready for ticketing if we find you a flight?" - took me a minute to understand her question ("ticketing"). Now, what kind of stupid question is this?? They don't even tell me what the going rates are for the travel period I told them about, and they want to know if I'll buy tickets from them unconditionally? And ofcourse, I'm ready for "ticketing" if the price/travel dates are right, else I wouldn't be wasting my time looking for the information. Yes, I know, that's just one person, but they are all morons. Another travel agent asked what airline I want to travel :roll: It doesn't matter as long as they are travelling via Pacific ocean (another racist view :lol:)

2 years back, I needed to make last minute travel arangements, but my passport had expired a few months back. I was surprised to have gotten a new passport within a short time. ofcourse, I paid a lot of money to insure they send it to me in time, just because I wasn't comfortable with their 'basic' service. :roll: they just want to make us feel insecure, so they can get suckers like me to pay extra. for instance, my ex-colleges charge $10 for "expedited" service, to send transcripts to universities. they print out official transcripts at the time of request. it's just a freaking print out. if you don't pay $10, they'll wait a few days to print out/mail :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:56 pm 

Highly prejudiced....

Yuvan wrote:
for instance, I called an Indian travel agent that my family and I have booked our flights with numerous times in the past. He doesn't take my call, and makes me speak to one of his employees, which is fine. I give her my travel dates (they are somewhat flexible), and I told her that I'd have to confirm travel dates(once they find flights) with my employer, then only I can purchase the tickets, and even then if the price is right. and the stupid lady asks me "are you ready for ticketing if we find you a flight?" - took me a minute to understand her question ("ticketing"). Now, what kind of stupid question is this?? They don't even tell me what the going rates are for the travel period I told them about, and they want to know if I'll buy tickets from them unconditionally? And ofcourse, I'm ready for "ticketing" if the price/travel dates are right, else I wouldn't be wasting my time looking for the information. Yes, I know, that's just one person, but they are all morons. Another travel agent asked what airline I want to travel :roll: It doesn't matter as long as they are travelling via Pacific ocean (another racist view :lol:)

Two weeks back, I called four different Indian travel agents for ticket to India, I got prices from all of them and then based on the date & price, I booked the ticket from one of them.
Never had any problem in the past.

Yuvan wrote:
2 years back, I needed to make last minute travel arangements, but my passport had expired a few months back. I was surprised to have gotten a new passport within a short time. ofcourse, I paid a lot of money to insure they send it to me in time, just because I wasn't comfortable with their 'basic' service. :roll: they just want to make us feel insecure, so they can get suckers like me to pay extra. for instance, my ex-colleges charge $10 for "expedited" service, to send transcripts to universities. they print out official transcripts at the time of request. it's just a freaking print out. if you don't pay $10, they'll wait a few days to print out/mail :evil:

I send my mother's passport to Indian Consulate office in New York every year to get 'Life Certificate' (for pension in India) by regular USPS mail. I receive the passport back by regular mail. No bad experience till now...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:58 am 

Actually, it's not a prejudice.

Why don't they have information on their website? No where to be found. Why can't they have their automated system give us the information? Why can't they answer the phone?

Also, the stupid travel agent called saying she found a seat, and she asked again if I'm ready for "ticketing". Yeah, let me just give you my credit card so you can charge me whatever you please. I'm made out of money, and I'm sweating out money. :roll: At the least, shouldn't the local INDIAN travel agents know when the Indian Consular will be in town?? what type of travel agents are they? sheesh. I booked one of my over seas trips with Carlson Wagonlit, and they were able to answer my questions regarding visas. It's a mystery when they will be in town. Apparently, the information is in the "Calendar" section of the India West paper.

As jag suggested, I've dispatched an email immediately after I read his suggestion. They haven't responded :!: Also, I had a difficult time extending my visa while in india. the pencil pushers were looking for some sort of bribes?