It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:16 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:04 am 

Linkie Here

DENVER - Voters in Denver have passed a measure that makes it legal for residents over the age of 21 to possess up to an ounce of marijuana.

Initiative 100 won by a margin of 53% to 46%.

Opponents have said that it will have no practical effect because the city ordinance will be trumped by Colorado state law.

However, 9News political analyst Floyd Ciruli says it will send a powerful message to groups around the country working to decriminalize marijuana.

He said one reason the measure passed may be because opponents presumed it didn't have a chance and were more focused on other campaigns like Referenda C and D.

Meantime, voters in Telluride narrowly defeated a proposal to move marijuana possession down the priority list of offenses for local law enforcement. [/url]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:44 am 

Yuvan wrote:
Opponents have said that it will have no practical effect because the city ordinance will be trumped by Colorado state law.

It will have no practical effect because any 15-year-old can easily get some :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:03 am 

yeah, moreover it's not legal because not only state law, but federal law prohibts it. but it's a step towards "freedom". even if one opposes the use of such drugs, there is no reason why they should be illegal. sure they can use the argument that it might lead to dangerous behavior, not that people don't illegally aprehend maryjane. but cars are dangerous too. doesn't mean we should prohibit people from driving or owning cars. alcohol is just as dangerous, if not more, and thats legal. people that want to enjoy it responsibly should be able to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:43 pm 

God Damn and to think i just moved out of Denver :(

I am all for legalizing Marijuana use as long as it does not have an inherent quality in being super addictive - i mean to certain extent coffee, cigarette, beer , pain killer tablets, cough syrup are all addictive - when they can sell these why not Marijuna

I think it was Bob Marley who once remarked - "Why the prejudice between tea and marijuana - after all both are leaves " :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:02 pm 

dvdisoil wrote:
God Damn and to think i just moved out of Denver :(

I am all for legalizing Marijuana use as long as it does not have an inherent quality in being super addictive - i mean to certain extent coffee, cigarette, beer , pain killer tablets, cough syrup are all addictive - when they can sell these why not Marijuna

I think it was Bob Marley who once remarked - "Why the prejudice between tea and marijuana - after all both are leaves " :lol:

Haha, Bob Marley is dope (pun not intended? heh).

I haven't heard that it's addictive? Maybe I'm just naive.

Anyway, they only voted for legalization of MJ, but as you know, there is no such thing as democracy. It conflicts with state and federal law, so no go.

Isn't Ganja easily available in India? :P