It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:02 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:08 am 

Bachchan to carry London Olympics torch
By Bollywood Hungama News Network ,Jul 26, 2012 - 11:55 hrs IST

The Olympic flame is all set to visit iconic landmarks all over London city on July 26 and one of the esteemed torchbearers is none other than Mr. Amitabh Bachchan.

Mr. Bachchan who has been the face of Indian cinema and the country's rich cultural heritage for over 4 decades now has been specially invited to be a part of the London Olympics 2012 and will be carrying the torch on July 26 in Southwark at 10:30am.

The 32.7 mile relay has legendary personalities from all over the world and all walks of life carrying the prestigious Olympics torch. Other eminent personalities who will be a part of this event with Big B include Lawrence Dallaglio, Lewis Moody, Jim Anderson, Phil Packer, Darren Fitzpatrick and Tom Davis.

Well, there definitely couldn't be a bigger honour for our country that the biggest and most respected superstar Mr. Bachchan is a part of the biggest and most respected sports event of the world.

Personally, at the risk of annoying people, this is another WTF moment for me - why on earth have they chosen him for this? It makes very little sense to me.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:34 pm 

bhaskar wrote:
Personally, at the risk of annoying people, this is another WTF moment for me - why on earth have they chosen him for this? It makes very little sense to me.

Publicity perhaps? But than again, this is the Olympics, they don't really need AB to promote their event. Demographics might show that South-East Asian viewership on television is down? Who knows?