It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:57 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:22 pm 

Hey Guys,

Need some help here please. bought a new Oppo BDP-80 from amazon and got it delivered to my colleague who went on official trip to USA. But while returning, he lost the luggage in transit while in Qatar Airways flight. As of now its been a week and they say it is untraceable. Please help us tracking it if anyone can i.e.e if any of you guys have contact with anyone at Qatar Airways. I will be greatful to you for entire life.

The worst or even sad part is that though my player was insured(which I am sure I will not get claim for by another 6 months as is the case usually with insurance companies), my friend's items were there as well worth 10K which was not insured.

Because if this, All my blu rays are a waste which I will put on sale if i do not get any help from anyone soon for the luggage tracking. I am in a soup Guys. Please help!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:37 pm 

Really sorry to hear. Wish there was something I could do to help. But I wish you all the best and hopefully they will be able to trace it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:15 pm 

Why fly Quatar when American is there.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:22 pm 

Thanks for your response Sanjay and Sasural. FYI, the only reason it was Qatar and not AMerican airways was because it was an office planned and sponsored official tour in which there is not much choice to ahe preferred mode of travel.

Anyway, I have now a confirmation from Qatar that the Luggage is absolutely untraceable for them and We can file for insurance claim. Irrespective of when it gets settled actually, just for the love of my fav films, their Region coded Blu Rays in any part of the world and Indian cinema as a whole, i am now again looking out for someone coming from USA again to India so I can have the player.

So please let me know / pm me if any of you all guys travel frequently between India and USA and if you can help my get an Oppo bdp-80 .....again :( . I will be greatful to you for ever.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:50 am 

Hey guys, A good news - Looks like I was lucky, for everyone who read my issue above and cared for it, thanks a lot as your wishes and prayers have come true. after around a month's waiting, the airlienes was able to trace the misisng luggage and i have got the oppo bdp-80 now. Ordered received and tested Jodha Akbar Bodega as well on it with region fee kit installed and works flawlessly. Thanks again Guys :)