It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 1:32 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:20 pm 

Jaani Dushman director speaks on the films re-release
By IndiaFM News Bureau, January 11, 2007 - 08:37 IST

Remember yesteryear director Rajkumar Kohli who gave hits in the form of Nagin (1976), Naukar Biwi Ka (1983), Raaj Tilak (1984), Bees Saal Baad (1988)?

His 1979 hit film Jaani Dushman has just re-released in theatres and IndiaFM caught up with the elated veteran director. “It feels really nice. We had made a good film and it comes as no surprise that it is being re-released”, said he.

On asking him whether he will go and watch the film he said, “I haven’t seen it yet but I may watch it soon.”

His last film, incidentally also titled Jaani Dushman (2002) starring practically half the film industry couldn’t recreate the magic of the original Jaani Dushman. “Yes, the film didn’t do too well”. Interestingly Kohli still is of the opinion that his masala multi-starrer wasn’t an inferior product. “I couldn’t understand its failure as it was a very good movie. I guess we missed the train somewhere.”

And finally on his future plans, “Things are at the planning stage at the moment and nothing is finalized.” So will his son Armaan Kohli be there in the film? Pat comes the reply, “Obviously.”

Post your views on this topic