It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:03 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:19 pm 

arsh wrote:
I am surprised people are still watching Sanjay Gupta's films :shock:

Well, if we continue watching, all yrfers, johrer, dhawanis, bhago bhago..priyas and verma ki kichdis, then why not!!!

I only watched this because I have a Cinema pass where I pay a certain fee an month and can see as many films as I want. I heard about this film and it sounded good, but I didn't know of Sanjay Gupta's involvement. This was an example in style-over-substance and just makes me think, bollywood still has along way to go. And to think that the film-makers wanted this to play in international film festivals is just a joke! Sure, the story sounded great, but only if it was directed by Anurag Kashyap would it have stood a chance.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:20 am 

Just got through watching the film. I thought it was OK (good; not phemomenal or anything); may post a review soon.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:54 pm 
Site Admin

I happen to watch this few days back. Very average affair, it's just one of those stories that's not worth telling or worth being interested in :lol:

Ali

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:17 pm 

ali wrote:
I happen to watch this few days back. Very average affair, it's just one of those stories that's not worth telling or worth being interested in :lol:

Ali

sanjay gupta continue to look for a new copy, till then

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:25 pm 

I mean this as neither a compliment nor an insult: it was a very "Ram-Gopal-Varma" sort of affair.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:25 pm 

Saw this film on DVD.

I never liked films like Company, Satya etc that glorify the absurd 'BHAI' culture of Bombay.
As this film 'Shootout At Lokhandewala' brings the Bhais and the likes, where they belong, that is their dead bodies rotting in the gutter, I liked the film.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:21 pm 

rana wrote:
Saw this film on DVD.

I never liked films like Company, Satya etc that glorify the absurd 'BHAI' culture of Bombay.
As this film 'Shootout At Lokhandewala' brings the Bhais and the likes, where they belong, that is their dead bodies rotting in the gutter, I liked the film.

wow!! :shock: seem you got transformed into ali and vice versa! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:01 pm 

rana wrote:
Saw this film on DVD.

Ram Gopal Varma has a juvenile fascination with crime and the Indian underworld; no doubt he comes off a little silly in his glorification of each. Nonetheless, I loved Satya (though I don't totally remember it), and felt Company was good (though over-rated). Shootout at Lokhandwala is just about OK. It offers absolutely nothing we haven't all seen myriad times before, and doesn't even bother to update the wrapper. It's not a matter of "based on a true story vs. fictional"; it's almost all about presentation, and the presentation of this film was very uninspired.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:16 pm 
Band of Trollops meet phony terrorist swat team macho men swaying in slow motion :o

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:13 am 

HORRIBLE MOVIE!

Stylish and good acting, but Apoorva Lakhia does not know the ABC's of story-telling and always chooses the worse (most unnatural) dialogue writers.

Wish Lakhia, along with Kunal Kohli and Tanuja Chandra, would quit directing movies. At least it appears my prayers have been answered with Sohail Khan no longer subjecting us to his filmmaking.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:30 am 

ali_ikram wrote:
HORRIBLE MOVIE!

Stylish and good acting, but Apoorva Lakhia does not know the ABC's of story-telling and always chooses the worse (most unnatural) dialogue writers.

Wish Lakhia, along with Kunal Kohli and Tanuja Chandra, would quit directing movies. At least it appears my prayers have been answered with Sohail Khan no longer subjecting us to his filmmaking.

IF YOU LIKED EHT, THATS I AM SURE YOU DID BEING SECRET URMILA FAN :lol: THEN WATCH JOHNY GADDAR(SORRY NO URMILA) :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:24 am 
ali_ikram wrote:
At least it appears my prayers have been answered with Sohail Khan no longer subjecting us to his filmmaking.

Sohail khan (lol), iv’e gotta add that wannabe to my worse actor list. his movie was crap except for too hottie to trot beach babe Samira in bikini !
:D

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:13 pm 

rana wrote:
Saw this film on DVD.

I can see that, but Shootout was simply not a good film. It even glamorised "the bhais" as they were seen as more cool than the cops. It had the potential to be a good film, but was just far too overdone with some silly childish ideas of ghosts of victims appearing! That was stupid as hell! Made me wonder if this film was for kids or adults? :shock: It showed how dumb the ATF were, when they were really carrying out Dawood Ibrahim's orders.

If you want to see a good 'encounter' film, then check out "Ab Tak Chhappan", a film far superior than "Shootout...".

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:52 am 

Please, PLEASE don't put Shootout at Lokhandwala even close to the same league as Ab Tak Chappan.

OK, I'll concede it is a bit (just a tiny bit) better than some episodes of my daughter's favourite tv show, Dora The Explorer, but in comparison to Ab Tak Chappan (a Master's Degree, with Honours), SAL is still in its third year (after failing twice) the third grade.

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:25 am 

Amitabh Bachchan, Sanjay Dutt, Sunil Shetty & Arbaaz Khan all the old school crew on one side love the way they kick ass of all the newcomers (jokers)