It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:31 pm

All times are UTC

How would you like to see regional films on the big screen?
Subtitled into Local Indian Language, with original soundtrack intact 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Subtitled into English Language, with original soundtrack intact 100%  100%  [ 3 ]
Dubbed into Hindi 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Remade into Hindi 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:21 am 

Just saw the trailer of the "Rampwalk Remo" song in Hindi.

The Hindi dub was really bad, and the lip synch is way off.

Can't imaging what the rest of the film will sound like!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:38 am 

I can't stand dubbed movies of any kind. It always has to be subtitles for me.

Most south films are so problematic though, since the dialogue is obviously written with no thought as to how difficult it'll be to translate into another language. It wouldn't be so bad, but most DVD makers don't even bother to make the effort when translating. A prime example is the English translation of the 'Sootrum Bhoomi' song from Dumm Dumm Dumm on the Ayngaran DVD, which reads as complete jibberish and makes no attempt to shed light on the meaning or cultural significance behind the words.

I thought one of the better subtitle translation jobs was on Munna Bhai M.B.B.S., which replaced the tapori slang with Bill and Ted-style 'dude' talk. Although the words changed, the meaning and humour was kept intact and the dialogue stayed true to the characters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:31 am 

Subtitles please, no dubbing for me either. Or remake it into a full Hindi movie, but only if the makers of the original are involved, just like SAATHIYA. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:04 pm 

Telugu dub "Aparichitudu" was a HUGE success. I'm surprised DVD manufacturers aren't trying to cash in on this movie.

this movie will flop in hindi. people won't even know such a film exists, even with Shankar's fancy named attached to it. Was Hindustani successful?

I didn't vote, but I'd like to see original track with subtitles in local languages (including english), with proper translations ofcourse - though I understand it can be impossible at times.

Haha, SSA, "rampwalk" - I've been trying to figure out what they've been singing since this album released. I thought they were saying "rainbow" with a bad accent

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:31 pm 

Yuvan wrote:
this movie will flop in hindi. people won't even know such a film exists, even with Shankar's fancy named attached to it. Was Hindustani successful?

Hindustani was successful. Don't know about Humse Hai Muqabla (Kaadhalan). Nayak was a flop.

Quote:
Haha, SSA, "rampwalk" - I've been trying to figure out what they've been singing since this album released. I thought they were saying "rainbow" with a bad accent

They also say "rainbow."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:35 pm 

DragunR2 wrote:
Yuvan wrote:

Hindustani was successful. Don't know about Humse Hai Muqabla (Kaadhalan). Nayak was a flop.

Quote:

They also say "rainbow."

I think Humse Hain Muqabala did reasonably well - I was in India at the time, and the soundtrack was a rage - if I remember correctly, the film did well because of the soundtrack. Ironically, of the three films you mentioned, it was the dubbed ones that were successful, and the remade one that was a hit!!

Don't think Anniyan in its dubbed form will do well though -it doesn't really have anything going for it -the hero and heroine are both unknown to Hindi audiences.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:54 am 

Shahran Sunny Audit wrote:
Just saw the trailer of the "Rampwalk Remo" song in Hindi.

The Hindi dub was really bad, and the lip synch is way off.

Can't imaging what the rest of the film will sound like!!

where did u see the trailer at ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:16 pm 

Saw the trailer on B4U.

I actually liked Anniyan, but doubt the dubbed version will be any good as I can't stand the typical voices you hear in a dubbed Tamil/Telugu film. I guess that Raj Kiran will dub for Vikram. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:13 pm 

I hated the voice they dubbed for Vikram in telugu, which I heard in one of the trailers. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 1:21 am 

Aparichit mp3s

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 11:37 am 

I don't know about whole movie but saw trailer on b4u and song was bad. First I though like what the heck is it, I mean it looked like actors were screaming with open mouth where song was playing kinda slower version :o

dancing too fast on slower tune and actor's hair are long looked like C type film.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 5:53 pm 

ya I hate these dubbed film… for same reason I hate watching north actors(mainly heroines) in tamil/telugu films. I don’t want to be watching one actor, yet listening to someone else’s voice :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 9:00 pm 

Mola Ram wrote:
ya I hate these dubbed film… for same reason I hate watching north actors(mainly heroines) in tamil/telugu films. I don’t want to be watching one actor, yet listening to someone else’s voice :roll:

I don't mind occasional dubbed films, like Mani Ratnams old films. but I completely agree, I hate seeing these non-tamil/telugu "heroines" & "villains". it's a freakin insult.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 9:31 pm 

Yuvan wrote:
I don't mind occasional dubbed films, like Mani Ratnams old films. but I completely agree, I hate seeing these non-tamil/telugu "heroines" & "villains". it's a freakin insult.

Sayaji Shinde should be getting better roles than the villain in Tamil/Telugu films :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 5:27 am 

Quote:
but I completely agree, I hate seeing these non-tamil/telugu "heroines" & "villains". it's a freakin insult.

ya agree, not just heroines, but many flop bollywood villains are also acting in tamil/telugu - I remember actually reading an article where kota was complaining abt this, and how the “homegrown” villains like himself were not getting important parts anymore b/c filmmakers preferred “imported” villains

though my problem is really not w/ these people being non tamil/telugu actors, but the fact that they are not using their own voices. the whole thing is like one big scam… like milli vanilli :lol:

though was glad to hear abt nana using his own voice in "bheema"

Quote:
Sayaji Shinde should be getting better roles than the villain in Tamil/Telugu films

ya he is v good actor, and should be doing more bw films… by now he probably has more telugu films to his credit than he does bw :roll: