It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:25 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Bheema
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:58 pm 

am not a big vikram fan (majaa and anniyan were nothing short of terrible), but bheema really seems to be shaping up well - w/ linguswamy directing, hj w/ the music, trisha as the heroine :) and most importantly NANA PATEKAR!!

and according to vikram…“My next film would be a mass film in Ram Gopal Varma's style. AM Ratnam would produce it. Linguswamy might direct that film. It will have lots of violence.”-link

Bheema release for Diwali 2006 – AM Ratnam

Speaking to press AM Ratnam said, “We held pooja ceremony of this film in Chennai few days back. The regular shooting of this film is starting today. I produced blockbusters like Dhool and Run with Vikram and Linguswamy respectively. We will be shooting combination scenes of Vikram and Trisha from 1st of May to 10th of May. Later on we will move to Vizag to shoot a few chasing episodes. There will be six songs scored by Harris Jayaraj. The story of the film has city backdrop. We are planning to release this film for Diwali 2006.”

First south Indian film by Nana Patekar - Linguswamy

Director Linguswamy said, “Bheema subjected is okayed in the first sitting itself by the producer and hero. This film is an action based film. Nana Patekar who said no to many South Indian film offers in the past has agreed to do this film because Vikram personally convinced Nana Patekar in Mumbai. Nana Patekar feels that his voice is main strength behind his success wants to dub his own voice in Telugu and Tamil.”

Bheema is a violent commercial action film - Vikram

Hero Vikram said, “Dhool produced by AM Ratnam was a huge hit. I am doing a promising character in Bheema. Generally we do not get much scope for performance in action oriented films. But in Bheema there is very good scope for histrionics. Youth are going to like this film. I took a gap of six months of get my body and appearance suited for Bheema role. Bheema is going to be a violent commercial action film taken in a stylish way. Nana Patekar is doing a vital character in this film

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:19 pm 

aah, so it is an underworld flick…

Gangsters, the flavor

IndiaGlitz

At a time when movies on underworld are holding the sway in Kollywood, director Lingusamy has decided to cash in on the trend. His forthcoming Bheema is also a movie on gangsters.

Says Lingusamy, 'it is the movie on underworld. But would try to probe the other side of their life. Bheema would have action but would not be eye-soaring for the audience.' -link

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:46 am 

Lingusamy is one of my fav director from India, his films (Anandam, Run) have been compleate entertainers. His last film SandiKozhi was also a quality action entertainer, and is highly recommended. Bheema only raises my expectations with Nana Patekar, Harris Jayaraj, and A.M. Ratnam in the frey. DVD Rights are with Ayngaran.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:28 am 

ya run, sandakkozhi and especially ji were great actioneers

though aanandham was pretty dull

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:13 am 

:baaa: :fight: Vikram rawks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:01 pm 

Yuvan wrote:
:baaa: :fight: Vikram rawks.

r u back from india? did you attended one man show by IR?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:49 pm 

unfortunately, I've been back since late Jan. I had to return for school. I wish I could've been there for the One Man Show!!! If He had a concert in the US, I'd take the time off from school/work to fly to wherever (most likely east coast, or northern cali) the event was held! If not, hopefully He'll do a few more concerts in India, after I graduate :D

I wonder if dvdisoil made it, though if he did, he probably would've posted his experience here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 4:01 am 

Did he say violent....Hope its not another Ghajini... :roll: :roll: