It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:15 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:33 pm 

Reviving the discussion on this deleted song Is the Original available somewhere ??
I'm sure it is. As I saw a 5-10 sec real clip today on Youtube in one of the conversations.

Some quotes from previous discussion in Bombay Velvet topic:
Muz wrote:
rana wrote:
Are you guys implying that "Jaata Kahan Hai Deewane" song is not in the film CID ??

I'm pretty sure I have seen this song in CID VHS/ DVD . Isn't it where Waheeda tries to hold Dev Annand back because the baddies had instructed her to do so ?? Or. is that another song ??

The beginning music of the song is in the film ... that is all! As soon as the singing is about to start the song abruptly stops. Of course, there is the possibility that a VHS version of the film might be somewhere with the song intact ... but I haven't seen it. The clip below is where I think the song might have been (at least the whole intro music of the song is in this scene).

The song that you are thinking about where Waheeda Rehan hides Dev Anand is a Shamshad Begum song - "Kahin Pe Nigahen, Kahin Pe Nishana".

rana wrote:
I would have wanted to continue CID related discussion in any existing CID thread but it's impossible to search for that thread because of the abbreviated title CID. So, I'm posting my CID/ Bombay Velvet related comments here.

Muz wrote:
Ragz wrote:
I'm curious to know why exactly was the song deleted from C.I.D.?

Has Jata Kahan Hai Deewana ever been released before on video by any chance?

In this interview Waheeda Rehman said that the mukhda "Jaata kahaan hai deewane, sab kuchh yahaan hai sanam" lead to the song to be removed ... lots of people think it was due to the word "fifi" - but not the case!

http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/news/a ... /366389?yt

I heard that the footage for the song is held in the national film archive ... but who knows!

I checked my Esquire VHS and sure as everybody said, "Jaata Kahan Hai Deewane" song is not in the film. What a disappointment that such a famous film song is not in the film, that it was supposed to be in. If the original footage is available (Archieves or anywhere), it should be put back in the film. The Censors reason was absurd and the segment sure would have passed Censors later on. Without this segment film classic film CID is incomplete and dis-continuous. In a film where every detail is explained like explaining to a child, how could they leave out what and how it happened and it's not shown that Dev is made unconscious and dropped off somewhere where he wakes up. In one shot conversation is going on, and abruptly, in the next film frame Dev wakes up elsewhere.

Moreover, Interval is at 65 min into the film out of a 145 min feature (re-introducing that missing film-reel/ segment would make the interval at logical 75 min in a 155 min feature.

(YRF DVD is PAL to NTSC converted video ?? coming out at 140 min (4% speed up); Esquire VHS is direct Film to NTSC and is 145 min, no speed up; Censor Certificate shows 13190 ft which is 146.5 min).
-----------------------------------------------------------------

I wasn't planning on watching Bombay Velvet anytime soon but for the curiosity to see (even a different) video picture connected with this famous song (even if altered), I will watch Bombay Velvet soon.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Similar to "Jaata Kahan hai Deewane, Sab Kuchh Yahan Hai Sanam" is in Feroz Khan's Apraadh, "Ae Naujwan, Hai Sub Kuchh Yahan"

Lyrics in "Kahin Pe Nigaahein Kahin Pe Nishana" were used to advise Dev to escape. In one of the early Dara Singh films, lyrics in a song were used hinting him to the danger ahead.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:54 pm 

1) The links in the above post are not valid anymore.
2) Youtube search has some videos but the video seems to be from different scenes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvO_uy9h7do

Another clip, I saw today, looks real ?? It's at 7:30 min - 7:50 time frame in this link below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q8ixYIcyFs&t=318s

Another link I saw (can't find it now) said, video not available anymore.

The original video must be somewhere (Perhaps with Ultra ??) or National Archieves ??

Any sightings ??

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:39 am 

Quote:
Another clip, I saw today, looks real ?? It's at 7:30 min - 7:50 time frame in this link below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q8ixYIcyFs&t=318s

This is a prime example of what's become a widespread trend among Indian internet and social media influencers – they tend to sensationalize trivial or insignificant things. In the case of the song "Jaata Kahan Hai Deewane," there's no publicly available original footage. Therefore, these YouTube creators can, at best, cobble together scenes from the existing film to create an illusion of authenticity. That's precisely what happens in this particular video, where they splice in clips from a previous dialogue between Dev Anand and Waheeda Rehman.

Recently, I had the opportunity to watch C.I.D. as part of a nationwide Dev Anand retrospective. The film was presented in a stunning 4K restored version, which I thoroughly enjoyed. During the screening, I had hoped that the iconic song, "Jaata Kahan Hai Deewane," would be included as a valuable addition. Unfortunately, my expectations were not met. I vividly remember eagerly anticipating the scene where the song's introductory prelude played in the background. However, to my disappointment, the segment was skipped, abruptly transitioning to a scene where Dev Anand is depicted as intoxicated by Waheeda Rehman and her accomplices. This suggested that the song sequence was meant to depict the unfolding events. Unexpectedly, the viewers are abruptly presented with Dev Anand abandoned in an intoxicated state, without actually witnessing the act. It was a letdown.