It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:59 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: bahut nikle mere armaan
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:48 am 

balan fortunately is out, she is way overrated imo. it is too bad however misha could not get chitrangada :cry:

Vidya Balan walks out of Mishra's film

Subhash K Jha

Sudhir Mishra's heroines always seem to leave him in a tight spot. First his heroine of Hazaaron Khwahishen Aisi, Chitrangada, left the film industry for good. Now Vidya Balan has left the director in the lurch, for his next film Bahut Nikle Mere Armaan.

Vidya objected to certain aspects of the character of an actress from the 1950s, that she was supposed to play in the film. Besides this, she has also cited her other commitments, to Mani Ratnam's Guru and Rituparno Ghosh's Rahgeer, for quitting Mishra's film.

“I quite understand her logic,” says director Sudhir Mishra, who doesn't seem too upset about Vidya's move. “Nowadays, our stars look for attractive set-ups. It doesn't matter if Mani Ratnam's film also has Abhishek and Aishwarya. Vidya will fit in well too. I only wish she had been more upfront with me about opting out. Vidya actually refused to meet me. She met producer Prakash Jha instead and informed him that she will not be doing my film.”

“Actually,” reveals the director, “my first choice for Bahut Nikle…was my Hazaaron Khawishein… heroine Chitrangada. But she decided to give up her career for personal reasons. Now I'm left hunting for another heroine for Bahut Nikle Mere Armaan. I don't think I'll be able to start the film before August.”