It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:32 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:48 am 

Director Ananth Mahadevan is keen on making a movie on an adaptation of Daphne Du Maurier's classic novel, Rebecca.

Nothing is official yet but the buzz is that Mahadevan is considering Emraan Hashmi, Dino Morea, Ayesha Takia and Celina Jaitley for the cast.

Below may contain spoiler, highlight to read

The plot of the novel goes as an inexperienced young woman who marries a widower Maxim de Winter and settles into his ancestral mansion realizes later that the memories of her husband's deceased wife Rebecca are still fresh.

Hmm... This was done before by Geetanjali Pictures, directed by Biren Naug way back in 1964! Kohraa released on DVD by BEI. I don't think highly of this adaptation which in my opinion was butchered! For a closer adaption to this classic novel you must see David O Selznick and Hitchcock work of the same name "Rebecca" released on DVD by Criterion! This movie labeled as a "hauntingly romantic suspenseful, elegant film" won the Academy Award in 1940 for the best picture and cinematography! If anything you'll appreciate the enormous difference between Criterion DVD over BEI DVD. I'll probably post SS from both DVDs later if anyone wants to see! 8)