It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:55 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:50 am 

Has anyone else heard that Ramesh Sippy plans to make a film starring Amitabh Bachchan and Hema Malini? Is this just a rumor, or might there be any base to it? I can't find the article in which it was stated (I saw it a little while ago on bollyvista.com). :D !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:52 am 

Ramesh Sippy hasn't made a decent film in years...so not bothered on his next project. He should stick to producing, that is something he has got right...so far....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:03 am 

What are you talking about? First of all, Ramesh Sippy hasn't made a film in years (his last movie was Zamaana Deewana, and that came out in 1995). Before Zamaanza Deewana, he made (also in 1995), Zameen. Though I recall neither of these two films well enough to judge them, now, I do recall the film he made prior to those two: Akayla. Needless to say, Akayla is freaking...awesome. Before that, Saagar was good; before it, Shakti was superb. As for Sippy production ventures, I haven't yet seen Taxi No. 9211 or Bluffmaster, but Kuch Naa Kaho was plainly bad. Amitabh Bachchan and Ramesh Sippy have turned out some great films in collaboration with each other, and — personally — I eagerly await another project of the team.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:42 am 

I loved Ramesh Sippy's SEETA AUR GEETA and SHOLAY, while SHAKTI is one of the most boring (sorry to say) movies of Amitabh Bachchan I've ever seen. I don't remember ZAMANA DEEWANA well enough to judge it, but I know I liked it back then (when I was a 12-year-old or something).

I'm not excited by this news. Ramesh Sippy and Amitabh Bachchan's names are not enough for me to feel any interest in the film. I want more details. :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:47 am 

Ow, I saw SHAAN too as a kid, and liked it back then, but don't think I'll like it if I'll watch it now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:04 pm 

shakti - is one of the best films i have seen, i love that film

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:49 pm 

I don't remember Seeta Aur Geeta well enough to comment on it. Of course, I love Sholay. I can't believe you found Shakti "boring"; it's not a "Manmohan-Desai-movie," but it's not really "boring," or anything, either. Shaan is hardly "great," but it's a really cool "Indian James-Bond-ish" film. As far as "masala movies" are concerned, it more than holds its own. Akayla is one of the most under-rated films of all time. It's a greatly crafted, simple story, and Bachchan is simply tremendously, ass-kickingly great, in it. As Bachchan and Ramesh Sippy have, indeed, turned out some of my all-time favorite films, I just really eagerly await any venture that, again, brings the two together. I'll probably not get another "Amitabh-Bachchan/Shashi-Kapoor" movie any time soon, but I'll be damned if I over-look the re-pairing in question! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:01 pm 

'Saagar' in 1985 was the last decent film directed by Ramesh Sippy, everything after that has been, how should I say this, 'crap'. Akeyla was trash, Brashtachaar was even worse trash and the less said about 'Zameen' and 'Zamana Deewana', the better. I think we are better of without him ever directing again. By the way has anyone else noticed that all his good and decent films had one thing in common, they were all written by Salim Javed, except Saagar which was written by Javed Akhtar also of the Salim Javed team.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:38 pm 

I agree, NON USE (AVOIDANCE)OF GOOD WRITERS is responsible for CRAP DOWNHILL BOLLYWOOD!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:06 am 

Akayla was "crap"? YOU ARE CRAP! Akayla is a GREAT movie that people just can't seem to like the subtle technique of. No, no: Coolie was a hit (put aside, for a moment, Bachchan's pre-release injury [it probably would have done all right no matter what), Suhaag was a hit, Mard did fine, Shahenshah was greatly successful, Hum made BIG bucks, but Akayla was "crap." Right. I agree that the Salim-Javed writing duo was excellent, and gave us many great films, but Akayla was free of their style, and it benefitted for it. I'm sorry, it's nothing against you in particular (you're free to your opinion), but I'm sick of the heat that this film seems always to have to endure. As one of the few voices in support of the work, I sometimes find myself yelling. 8) :lol:

...I don't remember anything about Bhrastachar, Zameen, or Zamaana Deewana.